The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Yep - moving Sutter to Beagle's wing, imo wasn't a 'strategic' decision but a necessary one that makes the team more vulnerable.  It's not so much the faceoffs - as the defensive role in general - but what can you do if Sutter and Miller are injured - they have to lean on EP and Gaudette.  EP has elevated his game remarkably - Gaudette has had some extremely challenging, long shifts in his zone.

100%, did you also notice he lost a gear also? He has noticeably slowed down and is pushing less. I think him Miller and Brock are playing hurt.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, khay said:

Might be a bit of a stretch but if we had their 4th line and they had ours, the series would be even at 2-2 and this series will go 7 games.

Think thats unfair on Motte... he has been a revelation during these playoff, but we could have used a ‘heavy’ bruiser willing to hit anything with a heartbeat on that line. 

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Tystick said:

I understand your frustration but we haven't entered our cup window yet. 

We will have many chances at the Cup.

In fact, I think we're going to win it several times with this team.

Sorry, nope, in 2011 and for a few years after we were by far the best team in the league but we weren’t the best playoff team, we are headed down that same road. We may have some great regular season success by we are far far away from a cup without some serious changes.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Sorry, nope, in 2011 and for a few years after we were by far the best team in the league but we weren’t the best playoff team, we are headed down that same road. We may have some great regular season success by we are far far away from a cup without some serious changes.

Yes, there will be improvements to the team.

I should have said core.

I didn't mean to imply that this exact team will win us cups down the road.

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

He couldn't be worse than Willie D. 

Willie was another level bad. 

That I agree 

Willie was beyond incompetent 

I remember what Kovalchuk said when he was in LA about Willie. Something to the extent of I have no clue what he is saying or trying to accomplish 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Borderline Canuck said:

I haven't seen anything that Jake has done in these playoffs that Mac couldn't do better.  I'm disappointed in Jake

I've seen Virtanen blow by defenseman in transition a handful of times - no player on the roster can match his ability to do so.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Big Mac in for Sutter please.

Sutter does too much right to take out barring injury. There's only two guys I'd even consider taking out to insert Mac - Gaudette and Virtanen. Given two of our centers are sporting hand/wrist injuries Virtanen is really the only choice.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:52 AM, canuck2288 said:

That I agree 

Willie was beyond incompetent 

I remember what Kovalchuk said when he was in LA about Willie. Something to the extent of I have no clue what he is saying or trying to accomplish 

Yeah. I mean, it's not a surprise that he's no longer coaching in the league. 

ya canucks old players are hinderance on this team  sutter roussel fantenberg benn are not earning there pay they can barely  get luck out of zone i say  throw vegas a curveball but  juolevi  macewen and gravaoc in   hit more and gives us a inproved outlet pass  that vegas cant stop