The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 01, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

35 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

It was a decent goal that stemmed from a very poor defensive effort, Green's expression said it all.  Roussel and Fantenberg showed zero effort on that play.

A weak defensive effort all around, but for me, the worst offender on that play was Beagle. Rooster got caught trying to front Theodore at the blue line and Fanta got caught flat footed, but Beagle just waved his stick at him, instead of trying to establish some kind of body position....

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A weak defensive effort all around, but for me, the worst offender on that play was Beagle. Rooster got caught trying to front Theodore at the blue line and Fanta got caught flat footed, but Beagle just waved his stick at him, instead of trying to establish some kind of body position....

Let it go, Beagle has been really good all playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Again, I'm sure this has already been stated, but Marchessault has become this series' David Perron for me....

The two hander to the back of Petey's legs was just the latest in a string of cheap shots from him.

It's playoffs, so I don't expect retribution during the series, but next season, somebody better tune this little pr!ck in....

Wasn't it Marchessault that Edler flattened in front of Demko?  (Huge crosscheck right in front of Sutherland if I am not mistaken)

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Again, I'm sure this has already been stated, but Marchessault has become this series' David Perron for me....

The two hander to the back of Petey's legs was just the latest in a string of cheap shots from him.

It's playoffs, so I don't expect retribution during the series, but next season, somebody better tune this little pr!ck in....

The Vegas bench was whining about the penalty.  :picard:

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Wasn't it Marchessault that Edler flattened in front of Demko?  (Huge crosscheck right in front of Sutherland if I am not mistaken)

I thought it was someone else, but you could be right.

Other than the two goals and maybe a few of Demmer's saves, my favorite play of the night was when Marchessault was driving to the net, got disrupted by Tanev and then did some face time with the end boards....

DeBrusk mentioned how that play had probably got him pissed off, because he gave Petey the slash right after.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I agree. It doesn't mean that he didn't make a poor play on that goal though....

Fanta's was almost as bad and I think he's played way above his pay grade.

Probably been one of our best defensemen.  Biggest complaint seems to be lack of pushback hitting -  see ......

http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?report=realtime&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20192020&seasonTo=20192020&gameType=3&position=D&playerPlayedFor=franchise.20&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=hits&page=0&pageSize=50

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canadian said:

Lost in all this? Another game where Kelly Sutherland hasn’t f**ked us over. What’s that, three games in a row where he’s reffed with his whistle away? Bettman and Campbell finally give him an ultimatum? Sure hope so... 

Probably told to try and make the series go to seven to ensure ad and media revenue 

Watching this playoff series has been  very disheartening to our group that have been watching the Canuck vs Vegas games.  We haven't seen such disgusting behaviour from an opposing team during  games.  Ryan Reaves is such a disgusting unprofessional sports athlete (?).  Such an immature excuse for a man. Mouthing off an opponents coach and  stupid name calling. The Knights are  out to injure and maim  the younger and  smaller players  with the aid of the so-called officials!  Right in front of their eyes, they do not call penalties. The Knights almost strangle Roussel with his helmet strap, sandwich Hughes- many times,  that is only a few.  COME ON,  good sportsman ship should be in every game. LIVES MATTER , HEALTHY BODIES MATTER .   Do they think trying to permanently disabling someone is a smart thing to do?  COME ON     GROW UP    and PLAY HOCKEY NOT  MURDER           (okay I have vented)

• Wat 1

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Yes, as Reaves flattened someone just to the left on that play also. Even out. lol

As I watched the PVR last night, I saw Bo get a lil dirty. Hughes was coming out of the D zone and Bo turned at the blue line to head up. as he turned one of the Knights turned to follow him, Bo tapped the knights skate blade and he slid into our D zone...I just chuckled and sed to myself well there's something we never see. 

Or do we just homer our own team and block those out. lol

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I made this point back in the St Louis series, but if it were up to me, Benn would be playing instead of Stecher. Troy is game and has been playing well, but I don't like having two undersized defensemen against a team as big as the Golden Knights.

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I thought it was someone else, but you could be right.

Other than the two goals and maybe a few of Demmer's saves, my favorite play of the night was when Marchessault was driving to the net, got disrupted by Tanev and then did some face time with the end boards....

DeBrusk mentioned how that play had probably got him pissed off, because he gave Petey the slash right after.

spacer.png

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Marchessault is one of the keys to this team potentially taking this series.

Keep hitting him.  Keep messing with him.

He's a good target - a volatile hot head who doesn't have Perron's composure - he's susceptible to agitation - he has taken a handful of stupid penalties taking Vegas away from their strength - which is 5 on 5.

For me he's right below Theodore and Schmidt on the list of guys to hit every opportunity they get.

He had 14 ozone starts last night (87.5%) - and he wound up -1.  He will be frustrated.  The key is to build on that imo.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1