The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Green Contract Extension

Rate this topic

IBatch

Extend Green  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Best part about the article was comparing the impact adding Miller had to what Schmidt offers...saying that added layer of energy and leadership helped a lot, especially over a season ... and how he doesn’t want any “energy suckers” in the locker room...also included Holtby in that as well - added layer of leadership and experience. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

I went with yes to an extension and two or less years. The team is progressing, the young guys are clearly improving. My only beef with Green isn’t really directly with him. The power play is dreadful most of the time. I know there are other coaches who wrote this stuff up, but doesn’t the head coach pull all the strings at the end of the day?  All that firepower on the ice and we do the drop pass into a turnover and short handed chance night after night. You need more than one play!!!!  Looking forward to seeing the coming season and what Green can do with all these changes. 

• Cheers 1

Hell yes to an extension. He's been doing a tremendous job with the young guys, and the team is very motivated to play for him. He has an up tempo style which suits the market and is exciting for the fans to watch (even if I'd personally prefer a slightly more structured style). He's still a fairly young coach in the NHL even tho he's pushing 50. Seems like he has the respect of his peers as well:

OP, might I suggest you add a 3 year option?

• Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Hell yes to an extension. He's been doing a tremendous job with the young guys, and the team is very motivated to play for him. He has an up tempo style which suits the market and is exciting for the fans to watch (even if I'd personally prefer a slightly more structured style). He's still a fairly young coach in the NHL even tho he's pushing 50. Seems like he has the respect of his peers as well:

OP, might I suggest you add a 3 year option?

I should have re-phrased it a little 1-2 and 3-4..that said that’s exactly what I feel he deserves.    You can always fire your coach - but it would show a vote of confidence in Travis Green, he’d definitely feel that management had his back and could just focus on the job at hand with his future secured for awhile at least.   I do think JB will give him an extension - but not sure if he will play it safe and see how well the team does to start whatever type of season we end up with...

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

As Lord (King?) Stannis would say ....

Two or fewer

Four or fewer

Thanks.  At least I’m not a Lannister.  Although for sure that would be just alright - especially if it was Tyrion.  He got all the babes ha ha ...

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Put me in the three year camp.

just curious, why not this year +2? I don't really have a problem with 4 years of stability, but it might be better for Green to do a shorter term deal now and re-up again in 2 for more money once covid is over. 

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

just curious, why not this year +2? I don't really have a problem with 4 years of stability, but it might be better for Green to do a shorter term deal now and re-up again in 2 for more money once covid is over. 

We don't know when covid will be "over". And it's not like his contract affects our cap, so we aren't concerned about the cap freeze situation. Green likely will want more security especially given how scrutinized he is here.

• Cheers 1