The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 minute ago, -Stammer- said:

and just to let you know, almost everywhere where there are restrictions has seen a dramatic decrease in cases of influenza. Considering covid is even more infectious than the flu, the amount of covid cases if there weren't restrictions would be much, much higher just taking flu comparisons into account. 

Or maybe some COVID-19 tests, since they've been known to potentially give a false positive result, are picking up false positives when in reality the person getting test has the flu.

That's another theory.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Lock said:

The irony of your post talking to him about moral superiors with a post that implies moral superiors. lol

Where do I imply anything of that nature? I'm merely saying just don't be a dick, this is a message board, if you're afraid of opinions, maybe this is the wrong place for you..

Edited by VanIsleNuckFan

Just now, Tystick said:

Or maybe some COVID-19 tests, since they've been known to potentially give a false positive result, are picking up false positives when in reality the person getting test has the flu.

That's another theory.

if you really think that would have a significant effect I don't know what to tell you. The percentage of false positives is not high enough to have a dramatic effect on anything

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The fact you think this is a human rights issue is all I need to know about you  

If you can't see that as a factor in this then I don't know what to say.

I'm not picking a side.

I'm not dividing people.

I want us to start listening to each other and hold the government to better standards.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -Stammer- said:

if you really think that would have a significant effect I don't know what to tell you. The percentage of false positives is not high enough to have a dramatic effect on anything

Well false positives have been a thing.

I don't see how that's any worse of a theory than claiming we have eradicated the flu.

Just now, Tystick said:

I'm not picking a side.

I'm not dividing people.

I want us to start listening to each other and hold the government to better standards.

the government is doing this to prevent hospitals from overloading like we saw in Italy early in the pandemic so that everyone gets equal treatment. These restrictions won't last forever, it's a sacrifice that people need to make to protect the lives of many. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Lock said:

To be fair, we could probably go in a never ending spiral and say I was doing the same thing. ;)

I always try my best not to antagonize but am only human.

But yes, there are more than enough pages of the spite spiral on these boards. LOL I appreciate ya man!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Well false positives have been a thing.

I don't see how that's any worse of a theory than claiming we have eradicated the flu.

they are a thing, I didn't deny that. I also didn't say we eradicated the flu. I said that the data would indicate that the measures we've taken have slowed the spread of the flu, meaning it has the same effect on covid, and if anything that it's more important to have these measures since covid is more lethal and infectious.

Edited by -Stammer-
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, -Stammer- said:

the government is doing this to prevent hospitals from overloading like we saw in Italy early in the pandemic so that everyone gets equal treatment. These restrictions won't last forever, it's a sacrifice that people need to make to protect the lives of many. 

I sure hope you're right and that we see a drop in cases in the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I'm not picking a side.

I'm not dividing people.

But we also have to hold ourselves to better standards too. The government can only do so much. We need to be able to protect each other. This whole anti-masker scenario isn't doing any of that and that's the problem. It's just people being selfish and not caring if they infect others or get infected themselves (or at least implying that).

If we're going to talk about standards here we need to hold each other accountable in all of this. That's what that culture we were talking about earlier is about. It's not about wishing death on anyone. It's holding people accountable just as you're talking about holding the government accountable.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

But we also have to hold ourselves to better standards too. The government can only do so much. We need to be able to protect each other. This whole anti-masker scenario isn't doing any of that and that's the problem. It's just people being selfish and not caring if they infect others or get infected themselves (or at least implying that).

If we're going to talk about standards here we need to hold each other accountable in all of this. That's what that culture we were talking about earlier is about. It's not about wishing death on anyone. It's holding people accountable just as you're talking about holding the government accountable.

I disagree, the government could come up with a solution that stays within the parameter of everyone's rights.

Then there's no protests.

• Wat 2

14 minutes ago, Tystick said:

So the entire context is those particles can still get through the mask if they're small enough.

Studies have proven masks aren't going to protect you, but certain ones are more efficient than others.

And once again, this is all in assumption that people are sneezing or coughing with their mask on.

Sorry, haven't been seeing that.

they are generally in water droplets that are not small enough

4 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I disagree, the government could come up with a solution that stays within the parameter of everyone's rights.

Then there's no protests.

Can you give me a scenario where a government has come up with a plan that has made everyone happy, covid or not? And let me stress this...

1. You can pick any government policy in the world in the history of the world.

2. Everyone has to be happy. Not a single person unhappy. Not one.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

Just now, The Lock said:

Can you give me a scenario where a government has come up with a plan that has made everyone happy, covid or not? And let me stress this...

1. You can pick any government policy in the world in the history of the world.

2. Everyone has to be happen. Not a single person unhappy. Not one.

Yes.

Any policy that hasn't infringed on your basic human liberty, had too much government intervention and overspending.

Everyone mutually agreed and there's never been a second thought about it.

• Haha 1