The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When will the Canucks win the Stanley Cup?

Rate this topic

fanfor42

When will the Canucks win the Stanley Cup?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I put later with this group although it may be never with this group, I believe we need 3 or 4 years after we get a coach that knows how to win playoff games to reprogram our talent to play tough and not turn the other cheek. If we can get rid of Green in the next year or two, max then our current crop of talent might have a chance otherwise the 2020’s will be a write off.

Bring on the googly eyes from Canuck73, AKA Mr. Green.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

When they win 16 games in the playoffs.

With the alterations made due to COVID and god knows what happens in the future 16 wins may not be enough but it’s actually quite simple, when they win the last playoff game they play.

3 hours ago, khay said:

As a fan of the Canucks, I go in every season imagining the Canucks winning the cup.

As a fan since day one I’m a pessimist, see my siggy and avatar . I’ve been sporting them since I joined CDC.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

4 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

With the alterations made due to COVID and god knows what happens in the future 16 wins may not be enough but it’s actually quite simple, when they win the last playoff game they play.

Thought of this too.   The league stands to make a lot more revenue when fans get back if they decide to use this system permanently.   With 16 teams only getting in  - and half outside looking in ... and many teams waiting up to a decade between rebuilds to get back to the show...fans are starved for even a pre-round five game series like the “play-ins” as they called it.   Adding up to five more playoff games with that many teams would serve to make more money and to keep fans engaged for “bubble” playoff teams.    It also offers some good storylines - like the last place MTL team taking down one of the pretty good Eastern squads in PIT etc.    It’s probably unlikely, especially in a bubble again - but you just never know - and in this case 19 wins is possible and 16 not enough.    They could reduce the regular season back to 80 games as well...

And not to be the grinch...I love this new core and think we have loads of potential.   But winning a cup with them the stars would have to align and the hockey gods would have to open their karma and favour etc.   32 teams.   Ten maybe each year could make a case for winning one.    Flip a coin the odds are 50% every time.   1/10 or even one out of 5 isn’t good odds no matter how great this team becomes.   Out of the options, unfortunately the last one is the most realistic.   Highest odds anyways.   And it won’t matter who’s coaching us.    The presidents trophy team occasionally wins.    Best chance we have is as many cracks at it as possible.    In that area we are looking pretty darn good. 

Also put later with this group ... although like Dumb Nuck I have my doubts.   I think we can contend for the cup with this group in a couple of years.   Win?  That would be awesome. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Wat 1

They did it in 2003. In my Franchise Hockey Manager 6 game. I only had to get rid of Cloutier, put Linden with the Sedins and trade for the young Sami Salo and Ville Peltonen. Bingo. Stanley Cup. Did I mention that Salo was injured in the play-offs?

screenshot_20.thumb.png.abde34ddae5d7d8c48094b8e92306487.png