The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Deborah, I'm talking about the WHO specifically at this time because they are under scrutiny from many countries, so 'i'm confident enough to feel justified talking about the situation.  There are plenty of other things I would like to continue discussing but it's been made clear that's these things aren't allowed to be discussed here because they(possibly)contradict some of  the information handed out by the mainstream media/government/health officials.  So you're right I likely won't be changing any minds here because I"m not even being given the opportunity.  Discussing possible contradictions brought forth by anybody should be and is nothing more than free speech but because this is a privately ran website, free speech does not come in to play here..

The bias in this thread is abundantly clear, it's a Trump hating(covidiots, bone spurs, cheeto, orange man, bafoon), Trudeau loving, anything we do is right and anything they do is wrong type of community.  I don't like Trump either but god damn at least keep your eyes open while putting him on blast, or at least have your "head on a swivel". 

If you disagree with the people in power and try spreading different information, you're in the minority, if you're in the minority you're weak, if you continue trying to express yourself while in the minority there is a good chance you will just be shut down completely so that nobody can hear your voice.  And no I'm not talking about CDC specifically... I'm talking about around the world.  People are banned from websites all the time for trying to discuss their political views. 

Hi mate. So in your last paragraph there, you’re saying that if you disagree with people in power and try spreading different information  you’re  in the minority and if you’re  in the minority you’re weak.

So, Trump is in power - correct?

And if you’re in disagreement with people in power (that would be Donald J Trump) and try spreading different information (ie don’t drink bleach as a cure), then you’re in the minority, So you’re weak.

I disagree with Trump, so I’m in the minority, that makes me weak. I watch Fox News all the time because they broadcast and champion the views of those in power all the time. Particularly those of the Commander in chief himself. I’m getting a lot of playback of those Fox News views in your writings.

Just respectfully suggesting that you stop acting like some poor persecuted soul and master the possibility that your dude Trump is in power, and that the rest of us peons who disagree with your rap, are actually in the minority. When voting time comes, people who buy what Trump is selling, will quietly flock to the polls in hopes of giving him another four years to be the greatest president in the history of the Universe.

The real minority just talks a lot. :ph34r:

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

This isn't supposed to be a pro/anti-trump thing.  I'm supporting Trump in certain aspects, yes. I"m not American, I can't vote, I don't need a guy down there.  I respect some of the things he does, other times I just shake my head.

Most of my argument goes against health officials and large corporations benefiting right now.  That is the minority around these parts.  

In destruction, there is opportunity.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Jack Burton wasn't available....

I watched the movie so many times as a teen. Russell had a resurgence during that time after being a DIsney star for years.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I watched the movie so many times as a teen. Russell had a resurgence during that time after being a DIsney star for years.

Yeah him and director/writer/etc., Carpenter made some pretty good flicks.  :metal:

He's been in movies/TV like forever....here's a really old clip of him on Gilligan's Island!

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

5 hours ago, Me_ said:

I shot a film in North Bay a few years back. We we’re going to rent a house from an American Stealth fighter pilot. 

He had a vault down in his massive basement. In that vault, along with numerous pictures of him and his Stealth Fighter, there was a Ferrari F-40. And hung on all four walls, around a hundred different professional assault weapons.

In Northern Ontario.

We chose another house.

I bet he had some interesting stories though.. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah him and director/writer/etc., Carpenter made some pretty good flicks.  :metal:

He's been in movies/TV like forever....here's a really old clip of him on Gilligan's Island!

Holly crap, I remember that (in reruns). I remember him most in this 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Me_ said:

364CCDB9-BA31-4A57-9777-42329D2CC1AA.jpeg

That's one of those FB fearmongerer memes. Spanish flu Isn't the same as corona virus. They know all about Spanish flu now and they know very little about Covid 19. It could come back 10 times worse like Spanish Flu did but it's doubtful, that was 100 years ago. We have way better medical technology and understanding of infectious diseases now. That being said it is way too early to stop quarantining but eventually life has to go on. Build up your immune system, don't expect the government to think for you. Also, earlier in this thread someone misquoted DR. Tony Fauci in this thread when they said 'Fauci demands all sports be cancelled!!'. What he said was he didn't recommend playing with full stadiums but suggested playing with no/limited fans with strict quarantine rules and testing.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

That's one of those FB fearmongerer memes. Spanish flu Isn't the same as corona virus. They know all about Spanish flu now and they know very little about Covid 19. It could come back 10 times worse like Spanish Flu did but it's doubtful, that was 100 years ago. We have way better medical technology and understanding of infectious diseases now. That being said it is way too early to stop quarantining but eventually life has to go on. Build up your immune system, don't expect the government to think for you. Also, earlier in this thread someone misquoted DR. Tony Fauci in this thread when they said 'Fauci demands all sports be cancelled!!'. What he said was he didn't recommend playing with full stadiums but suggested playing with no/limited fans with strict quarantine rules and testing.  

Not sure where you are going with this, because we need to heed the advice of our infectious disease experts at a time like this.  Agree with everything else 85%.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Not sure where you are going with this, because we need to heed the advice of our infectious disease experts at a time like this.  Agree with everything else 85%.

Absolutely need to heed his advice, someone tried saying he cancelled all sports. I just read that he suggested playing in empty stadiums with quarantine and testing, completely rational. If Fauci can suggest a logical way to continue this summer, i'm not sure why so many hockey fans want it cancelled. To the extent that they even completely misquote Dr. Fauci.

• Upvote 1