The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Hold on to something. It’s gonna get real rough.

That’s the truth. When sept rolls around and flu season returns will get the double whammy. All the vaccine prospects will have shown to be duds and will have bled so much cash that shutting down won’t be an option. They’ll be supply shortages way worse than we’ve seen already. 2nd wave will be bad. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Lets base our policies on the recommendations of a Statistician rather than experienced epidemiologists.  Yep.  I'll let my car mechanic do my hernia operation too.

He talks about Herd Immunity when its still too early to determine how this Virus works.  What we do know is what we see in places like Italy and Spain and now with New York.  Having no Social distancing with no guarantee of quick and safe herd immunity is literally suicide.

Levitt previously predicted accurately when China would get through the worst of its COVID-19 crisis. The Nobel Prize winner predicted China would peak around 80,000 cases and 3,250 deaths. He was not far off, as China has reported more than 81,000 cases with more than 3,200 deaths.

Levitt said he can see a better outcome in the U.S. than what has taken place in China, Italy or Iran

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/489415-nobel-laureate-predicts-us-will-experience

^This is from March.  WRONG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Lets base our policies on the recommendations of a Statistician rather than experienced epidemiologists.  Yep.  I'll let my car mechanic do my hernia operation too.

He talks about Herd Immunity when its still too early to determine how this Virus works.  What we do know is what we see in places like Italy and Spain and now with New York.  Having no Social distancing with no guarantee of quick and safe herd immunity is literally suicide.

Social distancing doesn’t work for the long haul. Eventually humans need to interact. It only buys you time and at a hefty cost. We’ve already blown through 250 billion. My hope is that a lot of people are carrying the antibodies and a much higher percentage of our community has immunity. Otherwise there is no good way out of this. 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

Social distancing doesn’t work for the long haul. Eventually humans need to interact. It only buys you time and at a hefty cost. We’ve already blown through 250 billion. My hope is that a lot of people are carrying the antibodies and a much higher percentage of our community has immunity. Otherwise there is no good way out of this. 

Tests should be as available as dental floss, and as accurate as a pregnancy test.

That’s halfway to a big win.

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

you left out some info

Levitt said he can see a better outcome in the U.S. than what has taken place in China, Italy or Iran, especially with social distancing measures in place. He said social-distancing mandates are critical in cutting the number of coronavirus cases. 

48 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Yup, way out of the ballpark wrong

b87fa21.png

she forget to include this info - big omission! 

Levitt said he can see a better outcome in the U.S. than what has taken place in China, Italy or Iran, especially with social distancing measures in place. He said social-distancing mandates are critical in cutting the number of coronavirus cases. 

He said and I quote " I think Britain was on the right track before they were fed wrong numbers"  Hmm, the number of infections and deaths trending towards Italy is considered "on the right track"?  What would have happened if Britain didn't changed course?  How many thousands would have died?  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, High and Inside said:

The only thing humans have to socially interact for is sex and children. There are ways to do everything else with social distancing. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, samurai said:

she forget to include this info - big omission! 

It was so good you had to say it twice. Lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, High and Inside said:

Who says it's for the 'long haul' though?  It's just like a bridge loan.  Temporary.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, coho8888 said:

And besides, a lot of his data comes from what was observed in China and we all know that China's reports on Covid have been 100% reliable right?

Yes and thats where the WHO was getting and recycling that same data without question.

• Upvote 1