The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

55 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

I’m one of them. I apologize. I’m just so used to where I need to go in the store to get my stuff and I don’t look at the floor. Eventually I’ll pick up the rituals and then by that point it will probably all be over. 

47 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You have a great user name. Perfect dual meaning for a hockey site and a covid isolation.

Well done. 

My first choice for a username in a way was similiar.....

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

There are some real asshats out there.

At Garry Point in Steveston they've got signs ALL AROUND the walkway indicating a direction of travel.  Yet, you still get the clowns...rebels without a brain...who want to go counter clockwise.  Come straight at you.

I said something to one guy...he and his "date" were taking up the entire pathway.  He probably drove one of those trucks with the gud spelink on it.   He was so smug and defiant..."I don't see no signs".  Well you probably just can't read, that's all. 

I tend to shop at the stores catering to social distancing and that have stations for sterilizing carts, etc.  They have arrows on the floor but some still just can't figure it out.  It's like they're caught in a worldwide game of Twister.

Pretty sad when Canada geese are better at social distancing than some humans.

CanadaGeese.jpg

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

This crap is what loses you ANY credibility.

You don't use your own words to explain your stance...but, instead, you prop up your guys while undermining our "experts" and throwing in mainstream media for emphasis.  You're posting Youtube videos for crying out loud.

Echo chamber?  You're the one who completely ignores direct questions to establish what your point in all of this is.  So far, it's seemingly nothing more than to insult people who don't agree with you which, if you've taken note, is most of them?

We can seek out our own videos, thanks.  But if you can support your videos with some of your own ideas, that would be great.  

You've changed your stance, conveniently, throughout.

Japan was the best ever.

Woops, wait.

Then Sweden.

Well, geez.

Now you're changing your focus again.

I'm not sure it ever was clear.

Come on Deb...call a spade a spade...he is just a fancy troll. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, High and Inside said:

I’m one of them. I apologize. I’m just so used to where I need to go in the store to get my stuff and I don’t look at the floor. Eventually I’ll pick up the rituals and then by that point it will probably all be over. 

Oh, in the store?  Me too....sometimes I don't even realize they HAVE the arrows at first.

But at Garry Point, signs are everywhere...hard to miss.  Plus everyone's going clockwise so it's obvious to most.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/i-lost-two-sisters-and-my-mom-in-two-weeks-west-seattle-man-grieves-deaths-of-3-family-members-from-coronavirus/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=owned_echobox_f&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2gGO6fSpo-KGuSCU6FOrB7v-GLyjY2-SG9xSIONQGRj_Kf-0MeIEeVxD4#Echobox=1588527533

You wonder how Raymond Lee is standing. How he got out of bed that morning. How he is stringing sentences together and remembering dates and places, meals he ate and what people told him.

Lee is carrying within him unimaginable grief.

Last month, in a span of just 13 days, he and his brother, William, lost their sister Regina Lim Lee, 58; their mother, Susie Chin Lee, 82; and their other sister Willa Lee, 60, to the novel coronavirus. Three beloved women gone in less than two weeks.

“I work,” Lee said recently, when asked how he was coping. “I work to keep my mind off the death of my daughter and the death of my mom and sisters,” he said. “I keep my mind busy. If I didn’t … it would be too difficult.

“You work to the point of exhaustion,” he continued, standing in the driveway of his West Seattle home. “I sit down and fall asleep. If you don’t, you start to think. I can’t dwell on it now. There’s too much pain.”

The onslaught of coronavirus has rerouted the normal path of life for some people, and changed the way we grieve. The losses shared by Lee, his wife and brother also show how that grief can come in devastating bursts, leaving vast and sudden holes in the lives of those left behind.

• Huggy Bear 2

10 hours ago, spur1 said:

Lol...if a company can’t handle being unionized then they were not a straight up viable company to begin with. They were just exploiting. 

1.2 billion in profit 

If wearing an ordinary mask (not the in hospital type of mask) is more for the safety of others than for yourself, then if someone had a mask that had written "I am wearing this mask for YOUR safety" on it, then it might shame others into wearing a mask too.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2