The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

10 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

They didn't give much information yet....to be followed up with later today.  

Here are Thursday's numbers:

B.C.’S COVID-19 CASE NUMBERS

As of the latest figures given on Dec. 30:

• Total number of confirmed cases: 251,054 (17,357 active)
• New cases: 4,383
• Total deaths: 2,420 (one death over past 24 hours)
• Hospitalized cases: 211
• Intensive care: 66
• Total vaccinations: 4,388,068 received first dose; 4,131,506 second doses; 883,558 third doses
• Recovered from acute infection as of Dec. 23: 230,784
• Long-term care and assisted-living homes, and acute care facilities currently affected: Thirteen

So 4,000 confirmed new cases, but more like 12,000.  Still iCU numbers low.  

Today's COVID-19 briefing in B.C. marks a significant shift in the province's fight against the virus. Businesses and people know what to do to prevent spread. Health orders are not the long term solution. #bcpoli

They’ve picked an interesting time to switch to more of a “fend for yourself” approach. 

• Wat 1

12 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

What did I say that was incorrect about Joe's podcast? You felt strongly enough to bag it but not reply. Roti has felt strongly enough to bag every single post that dared challenge Rogans platform.

I disagree with most of the post.

Based on the interviews I've watched, I think he's a good host. He allows the guest to tell their full story, and asks questions to expand on it.

I don't think he generally only brings on clickbait guests as you suggest -- I haven't heard of many of the people he's brought on. He often gives lesser known people a place to tell their story and share their ideas. Some well known guests, but certainly not all.

So yeah, tagging me with some petty name calling (or whatever it was supposed to be) feels a little over the top and disingenuous. It would appear that you are the one who's upset.

lol the knuckle draggers are upset @Master Minddid I insult your miss-information overlord?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

He's not even a great interviewer. Often he is actually terrible at it. He talks over people when they don't agree, he asks strawman questions trying to get a response to fit his narrative while pulling up bogus google links that support it and he generally only brings on people that generate clicks hence why so much miss information is spread across his platform.

I have heard that guy aggressively take a bad stance on something, argue it repeatedly, then when facts are finally shown to disprove it he just called himself an idiot and plays it off like no one should listen to him. He's become entirely disingenuous which is downright dangerous based off who listens to him. He panders to the type of people that take his word as law.

Edit; lol the knuckle draggers are upset @rotiman187@Master Minddid I insult your miss-information overlord?

Goodness. Calling people out because they disagree with you. Sad times we live in. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

33 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh F yeah.

Phil Hartman for the win. News Radio ruled. 

Didn't like Fear Factor but he was just the host of that gross show. I liked Joe for his DMT doc.

Kinda liked 'Talking Monkey's from Space' which was a stand up special. I bring this up because I remember him having a bit about the psychology an Alpha male. He really understood the silly things that make people admire and respect so called Alphas. With this understanding, it doesn't surprise me in the least that he knows how to resonate with a male demographic.

He's not as popular in the mma world anymore. I haven't read a comment section that praises him in a long time. He's seen as a company man and many fans are upset with the UFC and their business practices, mostly around fighter pay and binding contracts when fighters are supposedly independent contractors. It's one of the ways UFC doesn't have to offer health coverage. MMA fans also hate that he has become a hero for certain political and was we all know 'medical' angles.

He does get some great guests but I stopped listening when it became more about controversial stuff and even Jordan Peterson over all the cool scientists he used to get like Micho Kaku and Brain Cox. 

I actuall;y agree about his guests, he gets great people to come on.

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Has he stated if he is vaxxed or not?  

I have to laugh at his boy Dana White... he got covid and immediately ran to the press to telll them that he had reached out to Joe for advice.

He bragged about how, thanks to Joe, it didn't hit him hard and was going to work out 2x a day in isolation.

Dana is double vaxxed:lol:.....of course covid didn't hit him that hard.

He promotes healthy living-ish...imo . The guy is bio-hacker and puts all sorts into his small muscular frame. 

He can kick like a mule though, his knees have bounced back. Still would like him to work on his distancing on his spin kicks but I digress. 

All the exercise and healthy living doesn't help you if you ride a motorcycle wearing only shorts, and flip flops and no helmet and get into a crash. 

• Vintage 2

29 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Has he stated if he is vaxxed or not?  

I have to laugh at his boy Dana White... he got covid and immediately ran to the press to telll them that he had reached out to Joe for advice.

He bragged about how, thanks to Joe, it didn't hit him hard and was going to work out 2x a day in isolation.

Dana is double vaxxed:lol:.....of course covid didn't hit him that hard.

He promotes healthy living-ish...imo . The guy is bio-hacker and puts all sorts into his small muscular frame. 

He can kick like a mule though, his knees have bounced back. Still would like him to work on his distancing on his spin kicks but I digress. 

Do you think the wealthy Joe Rogan might have paid medical professionals to assist with his recovery? 

30 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yes I do.  And I've no real issue with him as I've enjoyed any number of his shows.

But I take umbrage with the suggestion ratings are the same as credibility is all.

People want to be entertained not informed

Agreed, look at the MSM.

• Wat 1

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

All the exercise and healthy living doesn't help you if you ride a motorcycle wearing only shorts, and flip flops and no helmet and get into a crash. 

More studies are showing how bad steroids are for the heart. I think Joe does TRT and HGH, not 100% sure. Both can be prescribed if it is deemed your natural levels are too low but as you age your levels drop anyway so I'm not sure what game some of these guys getting older are playing. 

I hope Joe knows what he is doing as it could turn his older years into a.....Fear Factor. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Do you think the wealthy Joe Rogan might have paid medical professionals to assist with his recovery? 

Of course I do.

The post you quoted of mine was pointing out that Dana White was already double vaxxed when he contracted covid. He acted like Joe's super soup is why the virus didn't hit him hard.

I'm kinda thinking it was the .....what do you call it?....oh, right double shot of vaccination designed specifically to fight covid. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.30.21268565v1

NEW - Canada: New data from Ontario suggests a 3rd mRNA dose ("booster") has a "vaccine effectiveness" of only 37% for Omicron.

In 2020, the FDA said they would not accept vaccine efficacy less than 50%. Yet the FDA and CDC advising a "booster" for Omicron, even for children now.

ABSTRACT

Background The incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection, including among those who have received 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccines, has increased substantially since Omicron was first identified in the province of Ontario, Canada.

Methods Applying the test-negative design to linked provincial data, we estimated vaccine effectiveness against infection (irrespective of symptoms or severity) caused by Omicron or Delta between November 22 and December 19, 2021. We included individuals who had received at least 2 COVID-19 vaccine doses (with at least 1 mRNA vaccine dose for the primary series) and used multivariable logistic regression to estimate the effectiveness of two or three doses by time since the latest dose.

Results We included 3,442 Omicron-positive cases, 9,201 Delta-positive cases, and 471,545 test-negative controls. After 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine, vaccine effectiveness against Delta infection declined steadily over time but recovered to 93% (95%CI, 92-94%) ≥7 days after receiving an mRNA vaccine for the third dose. In contrast, receipt of 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccines was not protective against Omicron. Vaccine effectiveness against Omicron was 37% (95%CI, 19-50%) ≥7 days after receiving an mRNA vaccine for the third dose.

Conclusions Two doses of COVID-19 vaccines are unlikely to protect against infection by Omicron. A third dose provides some protection in the immediate term, but substantially less than against Delta. Our results may be confounded by behaviours that we were unable to account for in our analyses. Further research is needed to examine protection against severe outcomes.

cnn.jpg

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.30.21268565v1

NEW - Canada: New data from Ontario suggests a 3rd mRNA dose ("booster") has a "vaccine effectiveness" of only 37% for Omicron.

In 2020, the FDA said they would not accept vaccine efficacy less than 50%. Yet the FDA and CDC advising a "booster" for Omicron, even for children now.

ABSTRACT

Background The incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection, including among those who have received 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccines, has increased substantially since Omicron was first identified in the province of Ontario, Canada.

Methods Applying the test-negative design to linked provincial data, we estimated vaccine effectiveness against infection (irrespective of symptoms or severity) caused by Omicron or Delta between November 22 and December 19, 2021. We included individuals who had received at least 2 COVID-19 vaccine doses (with at least 1 mRNA vaccine dose for the primary series) and used multivariable logistic regression to estimate the effectiveness of two or three doses by time since the latest dose.

Results We included 3,442 Omicron-positive cases, 9,201 Delta-positive cases, and 471,545 test-negative controls. After 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine, vaccine effectiveness against Delta infection declined steadily over time but recovered to 93% (95%CI, 92-94%) ≥7 days after receiving an mRNA vaccine for the third dose. In contrast, receipt of 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccines was not protective against Omicron. Vaccine effectiveness against Omicron was 37% (95%CI, 19-50%) ≥7 days after receiving an mRNA vaccine for the third dose.

Conclusions Two doses of COVID-19 vaccines are unlikely to protect against infection by Omicron. A third dose provides some protection in the immediate term, but substantially less than against Delta. Our results may be confounded by behaviours that we were unable to account for in our analyses. Further research is needed to examine protection against severe outcomes.

cnn.jpg

Better than zero, plus Delta is still in circulation.  The study also didn't take severity into account, which is worth emphasizing.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1