The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Looks like China's still running with the futility of their zero covid policy even though it's impossible, and worse, detrimental given omicron reality.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/video/watch/china-highest-daily-covid-19-cases-in-2-years-as-omicron-fuels-the-surge/vi-AAUZ7cY

I guess they'll continue this foolish errand until all their resources are exhausted?  Or until their people will wake up and start rejecting this idea. 

Hey maybe democracy will arrive there sooner rather than later.  Yay.

Edited by TOMapleLaughs

Heard on CKNW this morning there's an idiot "Freedumb" convey headed to Victoria.  Their leading moron said they plan on occupying the city for several months to promote laws that our current NDP government (and the Liberals too) are breaking.  Really hard to understand what the guy was trying to argue for.  Total and complete lunatic.  But, we know there will be a tiny few who will try and mess up the works for the rest of us.  Stupid people doing stupid things.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard on CKNW this morning there's an idiot "Freedumb" convey headed to Victoria.  Their leading moron said they plan on occupying the city for several months to promote laws that our current NDP government (and the Liberals too) are breaking.  Really hard to understand what the guy was trying to argue for.  Total and complete lunatic.  But, we know there will be a tiny few who will try and mess up the works for the rest of us.  Stupid people doing stupid things.  

Yeah. 

What do they want now? Anyone got the latest playlist?

The messaging from these convoy folks is weaksauce, anyone speak their language and can translate for us?

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

17 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Is that why they invoked the emergency act?

I thought it was due to the blocking of trade routes that did $400 mil + per day. 

Weren't the routes already cleared before the emergency act. Justin put it in because he's scared of camo hats, air horns and bouncy castles

23 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah. 

What do they want now? Anyone got the latest playlist?

The messaging from these convoy folks is weaksauce, anyone speak their language and can translate for us?

I think they want no more mandates,federal or provincial. It's just a guess I have seeing how they have said that repeatedly

7 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

I think they want no more mandates,federal or provincial. It's just a guess I have seeing how they have said that repeatedly

That's not what the whackos are saying.  They are going on about "laws are being broken" and "starting law suits" to get our freedoms back.  No specifics, of course.  These are just very stupid people.  Dumb as it gets.  Can't believe they ever passed their driver's tests.  

• Cheers 1

China reports 1524 local covid cases -- a two-year high

• Shanghai shifts schools online
China covid cases

One of the chief risks to 2022 continues to be wide-spread China lockdowns putting a renewed strain on global supply chains.

Cases in Hong Kong are totally out of control and outbreaks are growing in the mainland. China today reported 1524 locally transmitted cases, up from 1100 a day earlier a a couple hundred last week. It's the most since the initial Wuhan outbreak.

There were cases in 20 of 31 provinces but the largest outbreak is in the Jilin, bordering North Korea. The mayors of Jilin City and the Jiutai district of the city of Changchun have both been dismissed. All the urban areas in the province have been strictly locked down.

New measures are coming elsewhere with people entering Beijing now forced to take nucleic acid tests and told to avoid groups in their first seven days in the city. In Shanghai, classes were shifted for online.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

China reports 1524 local covid cases -- a two-year high

• Shanghai shifts schools online

China covid cases

One of the chief risks to 2022 continues to be wide-spread China lockdowns putting a renewed strain on global supply chains.

Cases in Hong Kong are totally out of control and outbreaks are growing in the mainland. China today reported 1524 locally transmitted cases, up from 1100 a day earlier a a couple hundred last week. It's the most since the initial Wuhan outbreak.

There were cases in 20 of 31 provinces but the largest outbreak is in the Jilin, bordering North Korea. The mayors of Jilin City and the Jiutai district of the city of Changchun have both been dismissed. All the urban areas in the province have been strictly locked down.

New measures are coming elsewhere with people entering Beijing now forced to take nucleic acid tests and told to avoid groups in their first seven days in the city. In Shanghai, classes were shifted for online.

I thought China was vaccinating its population?  Are their vaccines crapperolla or did they just not vaccinate enough?

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought China was vaccinating its population?  Are their vaccines crapperolla or did they just not vaccinate enough?

Population of a billion.  Once omicron starts spreading, the numbers are going to be pretty large, vaccinated or not.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mossberg said:

Weren't the routes already cleared before the emergency act. Justin put it in because he's scared of camo hats, air horns and bouncy castles

I dont think so. 

3 hours ago, Mossberg said:

But aren't the mandates being lifted? no masks in BC and the Vaxx pass will be done in a month I believe. 

Or are they going on about industry mandates still?

Which I disagree with. I think some industries should have mandates for safety reasons. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Mossberg said:

I keep hearing and seeing people whingeing about the Emergencies Act....what exactly happened because of the EA that you find so problematic?

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont think so. 

But aren't the mandates being lifted? no masks in BC and the Vaxx pass will be done in a month I believe. 

Or are they going on about industry mandates still?

Which I disagree with. I think some industries should have mandates for safety reasons. 

There is still a vaxxpass and federal mandates. Airports, trains etc.

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I keep hearing and seeing people whingeing about the Emergencies Act....what exactly happened because of the EA that you find so problematic?

You don't think it's wrong to call martial law on fellow Canadians for parking violations and noise disturbances?  It's not wrong to freeze bank accounts without a court order?  Everyone, whether you agree with the convoy or not, should find that problematic. It was a total overreach and turned Trudeau into an even bigger laughing stock to world  than before. Even the far left media is ripping him for that

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1