The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

39 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It basically comes down to tax paid childcare. Once you take that away it's an economic nightmare. Dr Bonnie is just doing her job and relaying the plan with a positive spin as possible. They are trying to avoid it all costs but unfortunately it appears that a shutdown may be required country wide pretty soon if things don't turn around.

That's a pretty big "if", and let's be real, no one has time for pleasantries when we're talking about life and death.  Something as infinitesimally insignificant as paid childcare should not even come close to being a priority in comparison.  
Hope that, even if an outbreak happens in school, that she wouldn't still be blind enough to persist in having them open, because she's getting to that level of blindness (e.g. when it comes closed spaces where people don't where masks, I wonder which one is the biggest one that's still operating??  :rolleyes:).  

Edited by Phil_314

Replying to. @SoniaFurstenauand. @DCampbell8899
Please @SoniaFurstenauput pressure on the. @bcndp

to make schools safer! Over 400 schools and counting, while some of them have 11+ “exposures.” In any other setting, it would be called an outbreak. Our teachers, support staff, and families need help now! #bced

10 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

BH also refers a lot to places like gyms being places of high exposure and infection while schools haven't been, but has she, as a scientist, released any actual stats and evidence to back these up? 

Dr B. is a gaslighting expert... or maybe it is her 25 K per month media consultant...... / her slogan writer......

Dr. B now accuses teachers of bringing in Covid to schools.. Teachers are the villians now.....  

It is pretty disgusting behavior from our  anti -science  BC government. 

Gaslighting is a tactic in which a person or entity manipulates another person in the hopes of acquiring power of them. Often times this manipulation leads to the victim questioning their own reality, and in doing so, not questioning the motives and actions of the person gaslighting them.Dec 20, 2017

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 2
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

That's a pretty big "if", and let's be real, no one has time for pleasantries when we're talking about life and death.  Something as infinitesimally insignificant as paid childcare should not even come close to being a priority in comparison.  
Hope that, even if an outbreak happens in school, that she wouldn't still be blind enough to persist in having them open, because she's getting to that level of blindness (e.g. when it comes closed spaces where people don't where masks, I wonder which one is the biggest one that's still operating??  :rolleyes:).  

That's the governments job though. I couldn't do it but they don't act on emotion or right, they think of the overall ability to keep the engine going.

If there are school outbreaks everything will shut down then. Does Dr. Bonnie even make that decision.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Dr B. is a gaslighting expert... or maybe it is her 25 K per month media consultant...... / her slogan writer......

Dr. B now accuses teachers of bringing in Covid to schools.. Teachers are the villians now.....  

Gaslighting is a tactic in which a person or entity manipulates another person in the hopes of acquiring power of them. Often times this manipulation leads to the victim questioning their own reality, and in doing so, not questioning the motives and actions of the person gaslighting them.Dec 20, 2017

You think Dr. Henry is gaslighting schools/teachers/us??? 

Get a grip. 

You’ve made her out to be some boogeyman. A thing, and not a person nor an expert.

That’s not the way you ought to act. You know better. If you have more knowledge or data sets than she does then go ahead and counter her, but to belittle Dr. Henry is downright beneath you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Get a grip. 

You’ve made her out to be some boogeyman. A thing, and not a person nor an expert.

That’s not the way you ought to act. You know better. If you have more knowledge or data sets than she does then go ahead and counter her, but to belittle Dr. Henry is downright beneath you. 

You really have no clue.  Please try to read up on the issue.

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2020/11/19/Give-It-Straighter-Dr-Henry/

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Get a grip. 

?????

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

You really have no clue.  Please try to read up on the issue.

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2020/11/19/Give-It-Straighter-Dr-Henry/

What has she lied about?? 

Your article, and opinion piece, is basically calling her a liar 

Again, what do you know that she doesn’t? 

What’s your solution? Give it to us so we can arm chair it too. 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

King of Surrey,,,,,,

What the heck?

You are pointing fingers too hard , man

let me make my point, here

You seem to be a reasonable guy

What did you expect the Government to do all the dirty work?

The truth is, the people have to grow up and do these things because they are the right thing to do

No because they have to wait for Government to tell them

Look at the mess in the States.........1/2 the people do not believe that Covid exists

Don't you think that is foolish......

My point is, people are responsible

Government, Civic, Regional, Provincial, and Federal, have given enough info to the people for the people to understand 

You blame Government....but its the people

Let me ask you a question........

Do you stand on a corner telling everyone to mask up?

When you go into a store and see people with no masks fo you say something?

When you see a group of young adults too close do you say something about safe distancing?

I honestly, bet you don't....neither do I

My point is.......I agree with you in some of your points, but you have personalized things.......

The truth is, none of the Governments are doing everything the way that we want

Nor are my opinions exactly like yours, and etc, etc

But we are sure the hell alot better than our neighbors to the south

Just curious, have you phoned your MLA and voiced you opinion?

• Cheers 1

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

King of Surrey,,,,,,

What the heck?

You are pointing fingers too hard , man

let me make my point, here

You seem to be a reasonable guy

What did you expect the Government to do all the dirty work?

The truth is, the people have to grow up and do these things because they are the right thing to do

No because they have to wait for Government to tell them

Look at the mess in the States.........1/2 the people do not believe that Covid exists

Don't you think that is foolish......

My point is, people are responsible

Government, Civic, Regional, Provincial, and Federal, have given enough info to the people for the people to understand 

You blame Government....but its the people

Let me ask you a question........

Do you stand on a corner telling everyone to mask up?

When you go into a store and see people with no masks fo you say something?

When you see a group of young adults too close do you say something about safe distancing?

I honestly, bet you don't....neither do I

My point is.......I agree with you in some of your points, but you have personalized things.......

Nor are my opinions exactly like yours, and etc, etc

But we are sure the hell alot better than our neighbors to the south

Just curious, have you phoned your MLA and voiced you opinion?

Stop Gaslighting Teachers!

Don’t tell us how ‘significant’ schools are for BC’s students. We’ve been fighting for them for years.

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2020/08/04/Stop-Gaslighting-Teachers/

8 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

That is very true.  Here in BC we need to aim to be the best....  I have no time for Mediocity, we are better than that. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1

US hits a record daily high for COVID-19 cases: 185,000 new infections Thursday

Fri 20 Nov 2020 04:17:56 GMT

Reuters tallying up Thursday's results, the highest single-day increase since the pandemic started.

Hospitals are already under severe strain, some at capacity. Healthcare workers are overwhelmed. Adding in 185k new cases a day, only stuffs the pipeline of admissions (and deaths) further and further. Its going to be a cold and bitter winter coming up in the US.  

Reuters tallying up Thursday's results, the highest single-day increase since the pandemic started.

America First: Foreign Policy of Mr. Trump | Vivekananda International  Foundation

• Cheers 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Stop Gaslighting Teachers!

Don’t tell us how ‘significant’ schools are for BC’s students. We’ve been fighting for them for years.

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2020/08/04/Stop-Gaslighting-Teachers/

You know, this is bigger than that, right?

Let's shut down everything and lock everyone in their houses for a month

Let;s cause an economic recession

....maybe a depression and see how our Governments deal with starvation and the associates violence than is created

The thing is we have not a clue, nor do we know how many deaths and suffering that will cause

Just because it does or does not affect you, does not mean that that side does not exist

Yet governments have to deal with that, and somehow balance it all out

You have to admit, it is not as easy as we think

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

That is very true.  Here in BC we need to aim to be the best....  I have no time for Mediocity, we are better than that. 

And what do you do to make it better?

Have you ever ran for Government?

Have you talked to your MLA?

If you have not, you are part of the problem (so am I)

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

And what do you do to make it better?

I guess schools aren’t worksites and the employees and kids aren’t worthy of these protections. Gross. #bced #bcpoli
Quote Tweet

Adrian Dix@adriandix · 5h
All businesses & worksites across the province must revisit safety protocols to ensure they include wearing masks, active daily screening of all workers, maintaining appropriate social distance, and being especially vigilant in small office spaces, break rooms and kitchens.

I guess schools aren’t worksites and the employees and kids aren’t worthy of these protections. Gross. #bced #bcpoli
Quote Tweet

Adrian Dix@adriandix · 5h
All businesses & worksites across the province must revisit safety protocols to ensure they include wearing masks, active daily screening of all workers, maintaining appropriate social distance, and being especially vigilant in small office spaces, break rooms and kitchens.

Come on buddy you are blowing smoke

What have you done to make it better?

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

13 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Kos confused...say it isn’t so.  

Things have never been more clear......    BC's slow government action on covid has led / contributed   to our current situation.

Asking covidiots to behave properly..... well that is just naive and looks like a government that is scared to lead. 

When your  house catches on fire.... you are best to quickly  grab an extinguisher... not  watch a movie  / drive to wendy's for the spicey chicken burger combo... then drive home and let it burn 2-3 hours before starting  to put out the fire...

When you have a job to do... roll up your sleeves and get to work.  This is what my parents taught me. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1