The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 hours ago, stawns said:

I hope so.  They've been asking nicely for compliance for a long long time.

That would help.

I know of a driver driving 4 people to work.  The driver got Covid-19 and passed it to the 4 people.  Now the company had to shutdown cuz it spread inside their facility. 

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Is idea that the kids that bring it into the school won't transmit it to other kids?

That would seem flawed to me, the fact that kids bring it into the schools shows that they could contract it.

Or is it assumed that all cases brought into schools are by adults that expose the kids but the children don't pass it to one another?

I ask because my cousin and wife in England are believed to have contracted it from their child bringing it home from an outbreak at her school. 

I can only emphasize the need for in home responsibility when it comes to following bc guidelines so as not to affect schools. 

Those dummies who are still socializing outside of their immediate household are putting everyone at risk. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I can only emphasize the need for in home responsibility when it comes to following bc guidelines so as not to affect schools. 

Those dummies who are still socializing outside of their immediate household are putting everyone at risk. 

I agree

I was just wondering what the logic is and if it is believed that children don't pass it around? and how do they stop kids from socializing outside their household if they are seeing friends at school?

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I agree

I was just wondering what the logic is and if it is believed that children don't pass it around? and how do they stop kids from socializing outside their household if they are seeing friends at school?

Yah kids at school don't transmit colds / flu either...... or covid.

Anti science people will really be what sets BC hard into this 2nd wave of covid....

20 minutes ago, BPA said:

From the local schools near me, this is the case.  That it was brought into the school by student/teacher/staff.  But no cases (so far) of spreading it inside the school. 

I feel like they are framing the argument to fit their need to keep schools open.  

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so far they don't appear to be. 

Glad I'm not a breeder. Putting them back in school is not a decision I would want to make for my kids and fam. Up to what age is the reduced transmission? Is this  mostly an adult virus? 

I have a couple family members in the school system. They are concerned.

I keep hearing more and more stories. Today was a friend stating his sons Lacrosse academy has an exposure, so the group may have to be tested. 

Also, why is AB switching their 7-12 to home schooling on Nov 30?

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Our cases, as a province, aren’t as high as theirs. 

We have 5 mil people, 9847 cases in the last 14 days.

Ont has 14.5 mil people, 19763 cases in the last 14 days.

So, percentage wise, that doesn't look very good. They are almost 3 times our size yet only have twice as many cases in the last 14 days.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Our cases, as a province, aren’t as high as theirs. 

My point wasn’t about provincial cases, it’s just a case study on how one teacher came in sick and it spiralled out of control quickly. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

We have 5 mil people, 9847 cases in the last 14 days.

Ont has 14.5 mil people, 19763 cases in the last 14 days.

So, percentage wise, that doesn't look very good. They are almost 3 times our size yet only have twice as many cases in the last 14 days.

Believe it or not, BC is doing better than Ontario. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's what the sentiment seems to be.

However those 14 day numbers don't look good, do they?

https://news.google.com/covid19/map?hl=en-CA&mid=%2Fm%2F05kr_&gl=CA&ceid=CA%3Aen

The 14 day trend of the second wave certainly doesn’t look ‘good’ for most places. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

That's kinda like a EC vs PR statement. 

Don't want to gerrymander the impact of the virus now. 

The second wave is upon us. No hiding from that reality no matter how  one looks at the numbers. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1