Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


CBH1926

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Why is it, the anti mask crowd refuses to sign a paper waiving them of any and all covid related medical help until such time as covid has died down or is entirely manageable by human means?

 

It's almost like...they're afraid

Or they can't read/write?

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tystick said:

Nothing? The media is telling me the virus is everywhere.

Thought there would be at least one story.

Yep, I have posted this a couple times.

2 friends of mums died earlier this year. My cousin and fam all have recently contracted the virus.They all live(d) in England.

 

Here on the Island we are seeing increases. Every other day in the last couple weeks there are reports at different schools. Wife works for CEAP ( distributed learning) so she has all the info. Beside an exposure at the school where she works, today a father came in to pick up his daughter as he and her had been exposed by an infected dentist in Port Alberni. So all the dentists patients now have to isolate and get tested. 

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think we puffed out our chests way too quickly here in BC/Canada. 

 

Things are derailing....do or die (quite literally for some) time.

hubby just talked with his older sister an hour ago, and she refuses to wear a mask, is an anti vaxxer cause her daughter is  and she refuse to vaccinate her young son. both mother and daughter said it is all a hoax and the government is trying to  control us. well hubby lost it on her and  and said a few choice words to her and then hung up! i was at first angry at him, but then i thought about it and i agreed with him. we are all trying to do our part and  by not being with our family and then you have a selfish person like her who doesn't care about others!

  • Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Yep, I have posted this a couple times.

2 friends of mums died earlier this year. My cousin and fam all have recently contracted the virus.They all live(d) in England.

 

Here on the Island we are seeing increases. Every other day in the last couple weeks there are reports at different schools. Wife works for CEAP ( distributed learning) so she has all the info. Beside an exposure at the school where she works, today a father came in to pick up his daughter as he and her had been exposed by an infected dentist in Port Alberni. So all the dentists patients now have to isolate and get tested. 

My friend lost both Grandparents (Ontario).

 

Another, in Winnipeg, also is likely going to lose her Grandmother. 

 

They've all been ultra safe....sadly, those who "come in" to help care for them?  Not so much.

  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

hubby just talked with his older sister an hour ago, and she refuses to wear a mask, is an anti vaxxer cause her daughter is  and she refuse to vaccinate her young son. both mother and daughter said it is all a hoax and the government is trying to  control us. well hubby lost it on her and  and said a few choice words to her and then hung up! i was at first angry at him, but then i thought about it and i agreed with him. we are all trying to do our part and  by not being with our family and then you have a selfish person like her who doesn't care about others!

It's really hard when people we know/even love aren't on board.  I mean, some things you can "debate" (politics, religion, etc.) without it spilling over into dangerous territory like COVID does.  But this could cause death and is irresponsible (to go against science and health experts).

 

These people ARE entitled to their beliefs....so stay home in their bunker where the Gov't can't get to them and leave the rest of us to doing things safely in public.

 

To think that the entire world's Governments are on board with the same "hoax" is a little far fetched.  I'd be hard pressed to ever accept that it was a consensus.

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

 

 

They've all been ultra safe....sadly, those who "come in" to help care for them?  Not so much.

Sadly care aids are frequently paid very poorly with minimal benefits  / sick days.   

Many were kept part time to ensure no benefits.   These part timers then took on a second job at another home..... so exposures were increased.

 

Really shows we need to pay  people that care our elderly better.... give them better working conditions and benefits.   Make their work sites safer.

That will keep our loved ones safer. 

 

Are they paid poorly because so many of them are women.... ?  Are jobs women do worth less than typical jobs men do ?   Seems so......  We need to change this. 

 

 

  • Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bree2 said:

hubby just talked with his older sister an hour ago, and she refuses to wear a mask, is an anti vaxxer cause her daughter is  and she refuse to vaccinate her young son. both mother and daughter said it is all a hoax and the government is trying to  control us. well hubby lost it on her and  and said a few choice words to her and then hung up! i was at first angry at him, but then i thought about it and i agreed with him. we are all trying to do our part and  by not being with our family and then you have a selfish person like her who doesn't care about others!

Hopefully they don't get it but don't be surprised if they do and then say "I didn't know".

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dr B lost the plot 3- 4 months ago,....

 

Of the record setting 678 new #covid19 cases in the Fraser region, 87 were in children age 10-19 and 31 were in children under age 10. 118 children in one day or 17.4% of new cases. Holy s.

 

EnoMEC6UYAEPn-f?format=png&name=small]

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's really hard when people we know/even love aren't on board.  I mean, some things you can "debate" (politics, religion, etc.) without it spilling over into dangerous territory like COVID does.  But this could cause death and is irresponsible (to go against science and health experts).

 

These people ARE entitled to their beliefs....so stay home in their bunker where the Gov't can't get to them and leave the rest of us to doing things safely in public.

 

To think that the entire world's Governments are on board with the same "hoax" is a little far fetched.  I'd be hard pressed to ever accept that it was a consensus.

That's the new world order the tin hats all believe. One world government. 

 

I think it's partially true, Trudeau has me concerned with his whole "reset" speech.

 

The social distancing and limiting of social interactions definitely works. I'm not sure about the masks cause lots of places have had mask laws for a long time and their numbers keep climbing.

 

And how the hell does china have such low numbers? Doesnt make sense with their population density and the fact it's the birthplace of the virus, and it's a pretty dirty country, compared to somewhere like Canada.

 

And neighboring countries with similar density like India are spiraling out of control with case numbers.

 

Some things dont add up which fuels the "covidiots"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's really hard when people we know/even love aren't on board.  I mean, some things you can "debate" (politics, religion, etc.) without it spilling over into dangerous territory like COVID does.  But this could cause death and is irresponsible (to go against science and health experts).

 

These people ARE entitled to their beliefs....so stay home in their bunker where the Gov't can't get to them and leave the rest of us to doing things safely in public.

 

To think that the entire world's Governments are on board with the same "hoax" is a little far fetched.  I'd be hard pressed to ever accept that it was a consensus.

see the thing is she is using the excuse that she can't wear a mask in stores when there is nothing wrong with her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, bree2 said:

see the thing is she is using the excuse that she can't wear a mask in stores when there is nothing wrong with her. 

That is more annoying than people that are just upfront and honest about it.

I mean, if you are so much smarter than all those sheeple, why hide it?

Try having the courage of your convictions, to go along with those so called smarts.

 

 

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, bree2 said:

see the thing is she is using the excuse that she can't wear a mask in stores when there is nothing wrong with her. 

So that's even worse (lying). She doesn't even seem to know what she stands for.   People are really showing their highs and lows through this.

 

I know I'm weeding through a few myself too.....

  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
  • -SN- featured and pinned this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...