The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Mossberg said:

You think just people who aren't vaccinated are against the passport.  I know lots of people with both shots who hate the idea of dividing society, me included

So are we going to use that threat every time government does something we don't like? oh you are separating society. You're damn right we are, go get sick if you want to but stay out of public. 

• Vintage 2

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Thursday, Sep. 2, 2021, 84.6% (3,922,233) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 76.9% (3,565,148) received their second dose.

In addition, 85.3% (3,688,115) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 77.9% (3,369,631) received their second dose.

B.C. is reporting 801 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 167,654 cases in the province.

Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.

There are 5,931 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 159,560 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 199 individuals are in hospital and 116 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.

The new/active cases include:

• 267 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 1,616
  • 128 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 1,102
  • 237 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 2,112
  • 103 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 553
  • 66 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 541
  • no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: seven

In the past 24 hours, six new deaths (Interior Health) have been reported, for an overall total of 1,824.

There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Northcrest Care Centre (Fraser Health) and Hillside Village (Interior Health). The outbreak at Nelson Jubilee Manor (Interior Health) has been declared over, for a total of 20 active outbreaks, including:

• long-term care: Heritage Village, Northcrest Care Centre (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
  • acute care: Peace Arch Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
  • assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)

From Aug. 25-31, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 79.0% of cases and from Aug 18-31, they accounted for 84.0% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Aug. 25-31) – Total 4,861

• Not vaccinated: 3,345 (68.8%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 496 (10.2%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 1,020 (21.0%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Aug. 18-31) – Total 268

• Not vaccinated: 203 (75.7%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 22 (8.2%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 43 (16.0%)

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,494,567 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0054-001735

• Thanks 3

Has Premier John Horgan made a pubic appearance since all the Covidiots blocked hospitals yesterday??

I am nearing the point now where I am about ready to confront these retards myself. If they ever blocked or spat in my spouses face after she worked her ass off for 12hrs treating patients I would be handing out knuckle sandwhiches all down the sidewalk on my way to pick her up...

People need to grow up and if you all want life to get back to normal, follow the proof and get the vaccine already...Better yet, go drink some bleach or take horse medication!

I am sick of this $&!# and the Police or Military should be deployed to grab every single protester outside of a hospital and take them to a jail in northern alberta, where they can join those Covidiots

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Has Premier John Horgan made a pubic appearance since all the Covidiots blocked hospitals yesterday??

I am nearing the point now where I am about ready to confront these retards myself. If they ever blocked or spat in my spouses face after she worked her ass off for 12hrs treating patients I would be handing out knuckle sandwhiches all down the sidewalk on my way to pick her up...

People need to grow up and if you all want life to get back to normal, follow the proof and get the vaccine already...Better yet, go drink some bleach or take horse medication!

I am sick of this $&!# and the Police or Military should be deployed to grab every single protester outside of a hospital and take them to a jail in northern alberta, where they can join those Covidiots

I'm pretty disappointed in Kennedy Stewart and the VPD. Totally dropped the ball on handling this. 

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Mossberg said:

You think just people who aren't vaccinated are against the passport.  I know lots of people with both shots who hate the idea of dividing society, me included

This is about PUBLIC HEALTH.  Its not about dividing society.  Its about PUBLIC HEALTH.  So needing a drivers license to drive a car on public streets, is that dividing society?

Vaccine Passports are not about discrimination, segregation, division, loss of rights or freedoms.  Its about PUBLIC HEALTH.  Do I have to say this again?  Its about PUBLIC HEALTH.  Geez, so tired of this BS.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

We even had idiots protesting in front of our hospital.  Then we read this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/we-re-in-big-trouble-says-icu-doctor-amidst-covid-surge-in-northern-b-c-1.6161455?__vfz=medium=sharebar

'We're in big trouble,' says ICU doctor amidst COVID surge in northern B.C.

Doctor haunted by patients crying 'Don't let me die. I'm scared' before they're intubated

Yelling and screaming outside the hospital one week. A week later begging for air and not to die inside the hospital the next. Doctors and nurses at these hospitals are saints.   If I was in their position I’m not sure I’d be able to help somebody who was acting so vile.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Yelling and screaming outside the hospital one week. A week later begging for air and not to die inside the hospital the next. Doctors and nurses at these hospitals are saints.   If I was in their position I’m not sure I’d be able to help somebody who was acting so vile.

I sure as hell wouldn't be as forgiving as they have, and, are being. They took an oath to uphold health care for ALL their patients, and when these morons parade in front their work place, I can't imagine what's going through their minds. One of the Doctors interviewed was appalled at the "Lock her up" chants from the throng of idiots on the streets.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I gather they are reluctant to do so because of all the negative publicity about police brutality etc..  

If an individual decides to threaten violence against someone else or uses their car or body block access to important essential services they would get arrested on the spot.  Yet it seems to be ok to do that when a group of people decide to have a "peaceful protest".

Horgan should take some leadership and say that while people are allowed to have a peaceful protest, any threats of violence or intimidation should not be tolerated.  More importantly anyone that blocks access to traffic or to people from getting to their essential services will be dealt with immediately.  This is not about being heavy handed.  This is about upholding the law.  Laws that are made in a free society.

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

This is about PUBLIC HEALTH.  Its not about dividing society.  Its about PUBLIC HEALTH.  So needing a drivers license to drive a car on public streets, is that dividing society?

Vaccine Passports are not about discrimination, segregation, division, loss of rights or freedoms.  Its about PUBLIC HEALTH.  Do I have to say this again?  Its about PUBLIC HEALTH.  Geez, so tired of this BS.

Kudos…but I still think Allen Iverson said it best:

But it's easy to talk about and sum it up when you just talk about public health; we're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're in here talking about public health. I mean, listen, we're talking about public health. Not a game! Not a game! Not a game! We're talking about public health.Not a game; not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last, not the game, we're talking about public health, man. I mean, how silly is that? We're talking about public health. I know I'm supposed to be there, I know I'm supposed to lead by example, I know that. And I'm not shoving it aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important. I do. I honestly do. But we're talking about public health, man. What are we talking about? public health? We're talking about public health, man!

We're talking about public health! We're talking about public health... We ain't talking about the game! We're talking about public health, man! 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

Don't the VPD have a mandate to uphold the law in light of all the protesters blocking an entire street. Watching that ambulance weave through those idiots makes me wonder where the hell they were.

If it were all First Nations protesting the police would have assaulted them and dragged them around by the hair.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Anybody still think they have a right to freedom against masks, visiting public places, vaccination and their rights are being infringed upon?  

Texas school district closes after two teachers die of COVID (msn.com)

How do you think these teachers families feel about it...

There so much false information out there, the anti maskers and vaccination groups would pass it off as vaccine death or false claim of cause of death.