9 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

“Unreported Truths: Independent citizen-funded journalism”

An obviously unbiased source with hard hitting objective articles such as:

”Twitter vs Berenson”

”The bluechecks really are THIS scared”

”Covid is over”

”Cannabis causes psychosis. Psychosis causes violence.”

”Long Covid doesn’t exist, volume one zillion”

“The god that failed: How to open the eyes of anyone who still thinks Covid vaccines are working as promised.”

So my question is, how anyone could believe what this one guy says over thousands of infectious disease experts with decades of experience?

Well it's pretty simple. You would have to be a moron with limited compassion for others and zero ability to think for yourself. :sadno:

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

On 12/20/2021 at 4:03 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

B.C. COVID-19 pandemic update:

As of Monday, Dec. 20, 2021...

Of the active cases, 185 individuals are in hospital and 77 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:34 PM, gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/bc-records-2046-new-covid-cases-surpassing-projected-worst-case-scenario/ar-AAS6uNo?bncnt=BroadcastNews_TopStories&ocid=UCPNC2

B.C.'s COVID case numbers continued to soar ahead of Christmas Day, with another 2,046 cases recorded Thursday.

An additional eight people were in hospital from Wednesday, for a total of 195, and four more people were in the ICU, now for a total of 75.

Just gotta hope that this number holds steady. 

10 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Obesity is often genetic and as far as I can tell not contagious. If you have information otherwise feel free to pass it along.

I am quite a lifelong proponent of personal responsibility. So this is just a personal wish of mine but I wish people who willingly chose not to get vaccinated would be completely committed to their cause. That means accepting the consequences of their choice. I mean really, how committed is someone who will run to the ICU at the first sign of difficulty looking for Dix and Henry to bail them out? I didn't know martyrdom came with an insurance policy.

This is the thing thing exactly. These people spew nonsense when they have absolutely nothing on the line. Internet warriors. I'd love to see them writing this garbage on here when they're lying on a hospital bed grasping and gasping for their last breath while they educate the doctors on how to properly treat this insanely difficult problem. These people are absolute scum trying to place themselves as authorities on infectious diseases in a time of crisis. Can they not see how clearly stupid that is?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So how do you know you have a cold, garden variety flu, or covid, and what if it's delta?

Just stay home for a week? I get the why. Testing places are overwhelmed. 

Merry Christmas. 

I drove by BCIT about 10 times in the last week and the lineups of cars for the testing site are staggering.  Like I'm talking a few hundred cars in the lineup and blocking the surrounding streets. 

21 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I envy people who haven't met you.

This is the thing I've noticed with you guys, when challenged with facts you resort to posts like this.  You dont come back with anything intelligent.

Keep telling yourself that your obesity is genetic. 

• Wat 2

11 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

As I said you guys will skew the information to fit your narrative. 

Vaccinated folks are spreading covid around, bringing new variants into the country but its everyones fault but yours.

Whiners.

P.s. I'm vaxxed.  I'm just not a ****ing idiot and wont be taking any more.  The data is in your face that it doesnt work. You guys just choose to ignore it.

How about the long term health effects from taking 4, 5, 6 and more vaccinations one after another.  Enjoy your future champ.

What is skewed on that data?

Don't move the goal posts.  Experts have been saying the exact same thing since this started.  Vaccinated people can spread this.  Social distancing and masks help.

The vaccine keeps you out if the hospital and from the worst effects of covid.

As for long term health effects, an estimated 32 MILLION people of the 235 million infected are suffering long term health effects.

How about that gem?  But yes be afraid of 100k possible serious adverse reactions from almost 7 BILLION injections?

Again, what data is skewed?

As for the bolded...I mean 

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Gatzkek said:

Of course, the source is the Office of National Statistics (UK). There is a good discussion of the data below this graph in the link I provided.

1276075689_deathrate.thumb.png.33a79a857894acb17da2169977ca8e95.png

Also, what are you trying to show with this graph, exactly?  In the link you provided it tells us this

1.Main points

• The monthly age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) for deaths involving COVID-19 have been consistently lower for people who had received a second dose at least 21 days ago, compared with unvaccinated people. This is the case for all age groups.
  • The age-adjusted risk of deaths involving COVID-19 for people who had received a second dose at least 21 days ago compared with unvaccinated individuals varied from 99% lower (in February) to 78% lower (in October); this could be caused by various factors, such as changes in the composition of the group, changes in background COVID-19 infection rates, changing levels of immunity from prior infection, changing dominant variants, seasonal changes in mortality rates and vaccine waning.
  • The ASMRs calculated for specific months highlight changes over time, however they can become less meaningful if the population in a particular vaccination status group becomes very small, and less representative of the general population. Therefore we present the overall figure, which is less affected by composition effects, and the monthly figures over time, to show the changes over the year.
  • Over the whole period (1 January to 31 October 2021), the age-adjusted risk of deaths involving COVID-19 was 96% lower in people who had received a second dose at least 21 days ago compared with unvaccinated people.
  • The age-adjusted rates are not equivalent to measures of vaccine effectiveness; they account for differences in age structure and population size but there may be other differences between the groups, particularly underlying health, which affect the mortality rates.
  • Changes in non-COVID-19 mortality by vaccination status are largely driven by the changing composition of the vaccination status groups because of the prioritisation of clinically extremely vulnerable and people with underlying health conditions, and differences in timing of vaccination among people who were eligible.
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

This is the thing I've noticed with you guys, when challenged with facts you resort to posts like this.  You dont come back with anything intelligent.

Keep telling yourself that your obesity is genetic. 

So choosing to ignore the fact that mods had to edit the trash you spewed in the other thread?  You posted nothing that warranted a serious reply.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Also, what are you trying to show with this graph, exactly?  In the link you provided it tells us this

1.Main points

• The monthly age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) for deaths involving COVID-19 have been consistently lower for people who had received a second dose at least 21 days ago, compared with unvaccinated people. This is the case for all age groups.
  • The age-adjusted risk of deaths involving COVID-19 for people who had received a second dose at least 21 days ago compared with unvaccinated individuals varied from 99% lower (in February) to 78% lower (in October); this could be caused by various factors, such as changes in the composition of the group, changes in background COVID-19 infection rates, changing levels of immunity from prior infection, changing dominant variants, seasonal changes in mortality rates and vaccine waning.
  • The ASMRs calculated for specific months highlight changes over time, however they can become less meaningful if the population in a particular vaccination status group becomes very small, and less representative of the general population. Therefore we present the overall figure, which is less affected by composition effects, and the monthly figures over time, to show the changes over the year.
  • Over the whole period (1 January to 31 October 2021), the age-adjusted risk of deaths involving COVID-19 was 96% lower in people who had received a second dose at least 21 days ago compared with unvaccinated people.
  • The age-adjusted rates are not equivalent to measures of vaccine effectiveness; they account for differences in age structure and population size but there may be other differences between the groups, particularly underlying health, which affect the mortality rates.
  • Changes in non-COVID-19 mortality by vaccination status are largely driven by the changing composition of the vaccination status groups because of the prioritisation of clinically extremely vulnerable and people with underlying health conditions, and differences in timing of vaccination among people who were eligible.

Vaccinated people are dying more than unvaccinated people.  What's your theory. Here's another interesting graph. This is all cause mortality 25-44 years old. From https://www.usmortality.com/   Covid death peaked on Jan 2021. What's going on now?

image.thumb.png.8b71c536ba4a1b58e6cf4cdbfdbd1f3c.png

Edited by Gatzkek

https://www.burnabynow.com/coronavirus-covid-19-local-news/is-omicron-airborne-dr-bonnie-henry-weighs-in-4899396

"Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry says airborne transmission of the Omicron coronavirus variant is possible, but information gathered to date does not indicate it spreads as widely through the air as measles and chicken pox."

I think Bonnie has done a lot of things right, especially early on. This part on covid not being airborne she has totally wrong though. The continued ignorance of covid being airborne is infecting a lot of people. She's getting roasted on social media for it too from knowledgeable scientists. The correct policy would have been better masking and ventilation, and we manufacture those masks right here in BC, so there's no excuse.

Anyhow, here's the FAQ they put together to answer anything you'd want to know on airborne transmission. I'm posting this so people can read up more on the topic for themselves. To me, education just make things a little less scary once you understand the science. The link is posted right on Prof. Jose-Luis Jimenez twitter profile. He's an expert in aerosol transmission.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTgVkamic82Ux90zCWb5NFC6gYcDSWKYxKgh2y49uHQ5OJfGBAuQXs8igbmOaGqODI9wJ0UUnpo1dZu/pub

Edited by gizmo2337