The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Well you never worked for a major corporation, government, or education institution then. Vaccination of various kind are standard requirement of employment.

In fact, I did work for both a major corporation and a government corporation. I know of no one, including my children, who have ever been asked to show their vaccine papers from elementary school for anything.

Also, if your child are not vaccinated barring medical reasons today, they will not be allowed in public schools and most private school require them also for decades now. You just grew up a long long time ago.

Except my granddaughter apparently needed a vaccine report for daycare a few years back, maybe.

The last point is to counter your argument that catching covid equates to no need for vaccines. You don't stop going for flu shots cause you caught the flu when you're an infant. Same with covid with how easy it is to mutate. The only reason I don't see a mandate for covid shot in the future is cause it is too much of a bureaucratic nightmare to keep track of a yearly or semi annual vaccine. Pretty much the same reason why no institution mandate flu shot though that may change now with companies and agencies figuring out how to do it. 

That is why I support vaccine passport for like actual passports. If you need to travel then you have to get it just like the yellow fever vaccine. Solves a lot of issues. 

I stopped taking the flu shot when I found out it was only 30% effective and I got bad cases of flu two years in a row despite having it.

• Wat 1

4 hours ago, Gatzkek said:

Mostly working and never, ever being asked for my vaccine papers. Some kids didn't take vaccines. No consequences. I presumed I would not need to take them if I didn't want to. 

That would be great. Flu vaccines are voluntary with most people presently not seeing the need to take them. Annual or twice a year covid shots will be mandatory. 

Some jobs such military,  police.and health have always had vaccine mandates

Other jobs may have never had them and may not in the future. Many field jobs now require flu shots yearly as well as covid shots at this time

But your correct you could if born here go your whole life without any vaccines and for many jobs never require it as well

For most of the viruses it's just your health your risking. But for some viruses it's others health your forcing them to share your risk

People that don't care about another soul are not bothered by this. Which is why I'm thankful those that defend us , police us and heal and care for us all  do the right thing and get vaccinated. Any that decide no get to pick new carrers and with good reason 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

In fact, I did work for both a major corporation and a government corporation. I know of no one, including my children, who have ever been asked to show their vaccine papers from elementary school for anything.

Except my granddaughter apparently needed a vaccine report for daycare a few years back, maybe.

I stopped taking the flu shot when I found out it was only 30% effective and I got bad cases of flu two years in a row despite having it.

The immunization record  of all school aged children is now required to be registered with Public Health as of 2019.

I have never received a flu shot as I haven’t had the flu in almost 50 years and I don’t visit anyone in care homes. I would of course get it if necessary.

14A33B91-DB75-4E7F-8DB6-78CBD55C2C2D.jpeg

• Vintage 3

Most likely a peek into our own near future. Israel is on their 4th doses, and similar situation with kids vax status as in BC. They also vow to keep schools open, and are just starting with test kits in schools.

"Nearly 40,000 students are currently sick with COVID-19, and nearly 85,000 staff and students are in quarantine due to contact with confirmed carriers, according to Education Ministry figures Monday.

The ministry said 38,246 students and another 6,148 staff have been confirmed with the coronavirus. In addition, there are 81,851 students and 3,344 teaching staff in quarantine due to exposure to a known virus patient.

There are 2.5 million children in the Israeli education system.

Israel has seen its daily COVID caseload jump to record levels over the past week as the highly infectious Omicron variant spreads across the country.

With officials and experts predicting that the peak has yet to come in what is the country’s fifth wave of infections since the coronavirus pandemic began in early 2020, the Safra Children’s Hospital in Tel Hashomer intends to reopen its COVID ward on Tuesday, the Walla news website reported.

"

https://www.timesofisrael.com/omicron-sweeps-through-schools-infecting-over-38000-students/

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Gatzkek said:

You must be very young.

Or making things up.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Just a quick suggestion.  Listen to the Medical experts.  Your opinions don't really matter if your Son is in an ICU with COVID

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Luckily, it was peer reviewed, meaning people who actually have relevant education have looked for flaws for you.

7 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Fast And Furious Elena Neves GIF by The Fast Saga

Of course it's going to happen. It's very easy because it's true. I'm shocked anyone would challenge something as basic. I've heard it explained that these vaccines treat certain spikes on the virus, if those spikes mutate the vaccines are in trouble. Natural immune defenses recognize the whole virus so they're more robust. 

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/israeli-study-shows-natural-immunity-delivers-13-times-more-protection-than-covid-vaccines/

2 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

Of course it's going to happen. It's very easy because it's true. I'm shocked anyone would challenge something as basic. I've heard it explained that these vaccines treat certain spikes on the virus, if those spikes mutate the vaccines are in trouble. Natural immune defenses recognize the whole virus so they're more robust. 

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/israeli-study-shows-natural-immunity-delivers-13-times-more-protection-than-covid-vaccines/

However, my article was in response to your claim that the vaccine did nothing beneficial after infection.  Vaccine + infection >> infection alone.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

protection from infection and protection from severe illness are two different things.  

And also this:

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

Edited by coho8888
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

However, my article was in response to your claim that the vaccine did nothing beneficial after infection.  Vaccine + infection >> infection alone.

Yikes. I'd never say that.

Your second statement is not something I've commented on.

edit . I may be misinterpreting the first statement. Anyway, I don't recall saying anything on vaccine _+ infection.

Edited by Gatzkek

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That link that he posted (well at least he posted some sort of link) comes from a rag in Washington State that seems to have some bias with regards to Vaccination measures.  Why people on here continue to ignore peer reviewed info from credible sources just blows my mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatzkek said:

Yikes. I'd never say that.

Your second statement is not something I've commented on.

edit . I may be misinterpreting the first statement. Anyway, I don't recall saying anything on vaccine _+ infection.

11 hours ago, Gatzkek said:

Oh you don't think natural immunity tops the vaccination. Taking a vaccination now is useless for him, just taking on more risk to please politicians.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Ok, I have a new Covid plan

You get a credit for every vaccine you get (regular people) Emergency and high priority just get put to the front of the line automatically

Anyways............vaccine is issued on credits, the more you have the earlier you get the next mandated dose

Now when the next Covid Variant comes, that takes down 20% of all unvaccinated, well those with the most credits go first.........

I mean why should a anti-vaxer get put to the front of the line when $hit hits the fan....................

We might as well save the smartest, who incidentally are all vaccinated ..........

Note* I have been working on this since my buddy and his wife (both anti-vaxers) said, sure they would get vaccinated, if the death rate was 50%

So, what the hell! Let's help them!

• Vintage 2

4 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Ok, I have a new Covid plan

You get a credit for every vaccine you get (regular people) Emergency and high priority just get put to the front of the line automatically

Anyways............vaccine is issued on credits, the more you have the earlier you get the next mandated dose

Now when the next Covid Variant comes, that takes down 20% of all unvaccinated, well those with the most credits go first.........

I mean why should a anti-vaxer get put to the front of the line when $hit hits the fan....................

We might as well save the smartest, who incidentally are all vaccinated ..........

Note* I have been working on this since my buddy and his wife (both anti-vaxers) said, sure they would get vaccinated, if the death rate was 50%

So, what the hell! Let's help them!

I believe the Chinese have something called the social credit system.

You should check that out if you are a fan.  

• Vintage 2

8 hours ago, coho8888 said:

That link that he posted (well at least he posted some sort of link) comes from a rag in Washington State that seems to have some bias with regards to Vaccination measures.  Why people on here continue to ignore peer reviewed info from credible sources just blows my mind.

There must be an antivaxxer “playbook” web site that posts all this crap.  Seriously, who thinks of eating horse dewormer, huffing bleach, bathing in fish tank cleaner, and now drinking urine as clinically proven ways to prevent (and fight) Covid?  Yet, we see the same stupidity time and time again posted here.   And then there are the anecdotes.  I know someone, or my family, or where I work ...  Total and utter selfish, cowards.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2