The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Exactly. 

You will get no new argument from me, because what was my point 6 or 12 months ago is still my point. Nothing has changed. The 'vaccines' don't stop spread, people are having a large array of adverse reactions, the elderly/unhealthy are far and away most at risk, and the health authorities will fire as much junk into you as you will roll up your sleeve for. And they've scared the $&!# out of you along the way. 

Sorry, not my world, pal. 

Evidence for these suppositions or you’re trolling.  

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

The 'vaccines' don't stop spread,

They reduce the spread, a bit, but much more importantly greatly reduce the risk of serious illness.

All this has been proven, repeatedly.

9 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

people are having a large array of adverse reactions,

The amount of adverse reactions, compared to amount of vaccinations administered is miniscule.

this has been proven repeatedly.

11 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

the elderly/unhealthy are far and away most at risk

Actually the unvaccinated are far and away the most at risk.

This has been proven repeatedly.

12 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

And they've scared the $&!# out of you along the way

The people that seem afraid are the ones ignoring science.

Afraid of a little needle, that has repeatedly been proven to reduce transmission a bit, and reduce serious illness be a great amount.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a very self centred approach to a world wide pandemic.  

I dunno Alf....it kinds of makes me nostalgic....

It's been quite a while since we were on that Vitamin D train.....I think we're all up for another ride, amirite?

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It's not junk.

I respect your position, and right to not get vaxxed, but you should stop spreading misinformation. The vaccines reduce the severity of the virus in a decent way. 

That's the problem Bishop, if they admit that the vaccines are safe and effective, then they have no other way of defending their position other than selfishness....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Speaking of no merit, why have you continuously harped the on the demise of the unvaxxed ad nauseam? 

I'm here and doing great, as is every unvaxxed person I know of. Every single one. Did we all miss the memo? 

Most likely due to the efforts of those of us who've gotten us here by doing everything possible to curb this thing?

And, possibly, strategically placed horseshoes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's the problem Bishop, if they admit that the vaccines are safe and effective, then they have no other way of defending their position other than selfishness....

Good point.

I just wish they would understand that they might influence someone that is hesitant. That's far more dangerous than a little bit of name calling on a hockey forum.

• Vintage 4

43 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It's really disgusting to see how some people dehumanize those they disagree with.

Like the antivaxers who rip into healthcare workers, schools full of people trying to take the best care of other people's children and those lining up at vax clinics?

I agree.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

My immune system, my health regimen, the supplements I take, the medicines I keep on hand should I catch the virus and start feeling the effects.

Yes, I do. 

LOL Sure, ok. 

Can you explain what "medicines" you keep on hand and all the ingredients in them? If you're the perfect specimen you won't need those?

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jack Fig said:

Vaxxer spread, unvaxxers spread. A failure. As for avoiding extreme illness, people have ways of doing that ... I know I do. 

They do spread, but not the same way and when they become infected.  Vaccinated carry lower viral loads and are infectious for a shorter period of time, even with omicron

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I dunno Alf....it kinds of makes me nostalgic....

It's been quite a while since we were on that Vitamin D train.....I think we're all up for another ride, amirite?

I guess the feed store tack board has been updated from the notes declaring eating dewormer and drinking urine as medical wonders for Covid.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

I think some play a bit of a game here.  It also really ticks me off when they trivialize something that's been so horrible for some. What a slap in the face.

Sure, maybe take Alphonso Davies on that run with you.

There's this thing called karma and I honestly hope, for their sake, it doesn't come knocking.  

Like the athletes of the world who have put out testimony about how this thing's struck them is somehow irrelevant. And their own personal health regiments are foolproof, as if these athletes don't follow programs (that would blow the average Joe or Jack away).

Even on our own team with Sutter.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

23 minutes ago, gurn said:

I guess you don't read the paper or watch the news much; as more unvaxxed people die than vaccinated people.

this has been proven repeatedly.

P.S. I guess you don't know my Aunt's man friend, unvaxxed guy spent 2 weeks in bed from covid.

On the plus side, he is now able to walk, unassisted, to the bathroom.

Family is hoping to get him out onto the porch, weather permitting, for a couple of hours this afternoon.

It's kind of disgusting that these champions disregard the fact that some of us know people who've suffered and/or died from this thing.

How flippant.

• Upvote 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

40 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Like the antivaxers who rip into healthcare workers, schools full of people trying to take the best care of other people's children and those lining up at vax clinics?

I agree.

I was moreso referring to people in the thread and online in general, but yes them too.

I never said ripping into healthcare workers was acceptable, so I'm not sure why you quoted me to point that out.