The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 hours ago, kloubek said:

He made an important point to say millions in the US would have been killed, but they did a "great job" with their measures so it will "only" be 100-240k killed according to models.

I guarantee he will try to spin it that he saved millions of lives. And his supporters will eat it up, not understanding that it could have been half that if he acted quicker.

I absolutely agree. Trump has spent his entire term attempting to spin his failures as successes. This will be no different.

Still, it will leave the Democrats with a ton of ammunition fro the election campaign. I'm betting we see ad after ad, showing Trump downplaying the severity and the quickly shifting to the pandemic numbers for the US. Trump will be able to spin it to the base, because the only reality for those folks is Trump's reality, but it won't be quite so easy to fool the fence sitters, who "took a chance" on the outsider in 2016. Now they understand just how badly this idiot can screw things up.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, spur1 said:

Or if there medical system wasn’t ranked 37th in the world. The only for profit medical system in the world among first world countries. 
Just a sheet hole. 

Medical system in France and Italy is usually ranked top 5 in the world.

There are lot of variables in this particular outbreak.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

De Santis is learning the true price of blind loyalty.

Trump urges Florida governor to allow coronavirus-stricken ship to dock

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-urges-florida-governor-to-allow-coronavirus-stricken-ship-to-dock/ar-BB120qTS?li=BBnb7Kz

I'm shocked that he didn't load it up with paper towels and send it to Puerto Rico....

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

US intelligence says China under-reported virus cases and deaths - report

Wed 1 Apr 2020 15:17:43 GMT

Intelligence report submitted to White House

Bloomberg cites three US officials who have seen the classified report. It says that China's reporting on the scale of the virus was intentionally incomplete and concludes the numbers were fake.

The huge numbers of urns in pictures last weeks and long lines of people waiting to collect remains led just about everyone to conclude the same thing last week:
China

We were reporting in early February on the strong evidence that crematoriums in Wuhan were running flat-out.

The issue is that many other countries relied in Chinese data to make determinations about how to handle the virus. The numbers were also used in models predicting the spread.

That said, everyone has known for 20 years that you can't trust Chinese data so people and governments who were trusting the data really only have themselves to blame.

Exactly, not exactly a big secret.

21 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

US intelligence says China under-reported virus cases and deaths - report

Wed 1 Apr 2020 15:17:43 GMT

Intelligence report submitted to White House

Bloomberg cites three US officials who have seen the classified report. It says that China's reporting on the scale of the virus was intentionally incomplete and concludes the numbers were fake.

The huge numbers of urns in pictures last weeks and long lines of people waiting to collect remains led just about everyone to conclude the same thing last week:
China

We were reporting in early February on the strong evidence that crematoriums in Wuhan were running flat-out.

The issue is that many other countries relied in Chinese data to make determinations about how to handle the virus. The numbers were also used in models predicting the spread.

That said, everyone has known for 20 years that you can't trust Chinese data so people and governments who were trusting the data really only have themselves to blame.

US intelligence says:

go back to the mall go back to your everyday  lives:

we’ll take care of it.

shock and awe.

Edited by riffraff
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Play stupid games win stupid prizes, what a bunch of dummies!

Coronavirus infects dozens of University of Texas spring breakers who chartered plane to Mexico

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-infects-dozens-of-university-of-texas-spring-breakers-who-charted-plane-to-mexico

I don't want to hear in the coming weeks the cries from some of these types infected people. "we didn't know, we didn't realise the risk, all our friends were going on the trip'.

Despite the pleas of the entire world for social distancing. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't want to hear in the coming weeks the cries from some of these types infected people. "we didn't know, we didn't realise the risk, all our friends were going on the trip'.

Darwin filter in effect

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This is where the term “suffer in silence” really applies. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

sure but 'thoughts and prayers' and such. Nothing could be done. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I think this is where the politics will be played a few months from now. It'l be the "why didn't you close the border" camp vs. the public health camp. 

I get the general concept of closing a border, but I haven't actually heard a viable alternative, or believe that a Canadian politician of any stripe would have actually stranded 1 million Canadians citizens outside of Canada during this crisis. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Darwin filter in effect

haha

The youth are slowly starting to realise that they can get covid in a serious way now

Who raised these stupid kids? hopefully the folks out there that are forced to be close to their teenagers now will use this time to correct their lousy parenting. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2