The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm guessing his next song snippet will be from "Please Forgive Me"....

Or is it because the truth "cuts like a knife'?

Honestly you can make a song of just Bryan Adams song titles.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Woooowwww

Yeah the bolded is ironic.  

See here's the issue.  Media claiming it was racist is what actually makes it racist...

Who cares if the people are black, yellow, brown, green, purple, white?  Bryan Adams' post mentions nothing about race, rather people who have been eating bats in disgustingly maintained wet markets.  Race needs to stop being involved in everything.  Everybody is one color, and certain people of this one color have been running disgusting food markets. 

I'm white, I live in Canada, if White people were running disgusting wet markets in Canada I would say "ew what thell is wrong with you people"  That's the exact same thing I would say to people doing it in China, or India, or Africa, or the U.S., Finland,  Antarctica etc

Say what now?

And what colour is that?

Vitamin D deficient?

This may be the least well performed attempt at fending off racism.

No 5th, were not all one colour. We are indeed one race of humans though; homo sapien sapien. 

Us homo sapien sapien are indeed collectively racist as we killed off all other humanoid races long, long ago.

As for wet markets, unless you offer someone an alternative income, there may be no way to prevent them.

Edited by Me_

15 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Woooowwww

Yeah the bolded is ironic.  

See here's the issue.  Media claiming it was racist is what actually makes it racist...

Who cares if the people are black, yellow, brown, green, purple, white?  Bryan Adams' post mentions nothing about race, rather people who have been eating bats in disgustingly maintained wet markets.  Race needs to stop being involved in everything.  Everybody is one color, and certain people of this one color have been running disgusting food markets. 

I'm white, I live in Canada, if White people were running disgusting wet markets in Canada I would say "ew what thell is wrong with you people"  That's the exact same thing I would say to people doing it in China, or India, or Africa, or the U.S., Finland,  Antarctica etc

Umm...did you read the article??

Const. Mike Yake with the Transit Police alleged the man then directed his attention toward the two Asian woman and made a comment to the effect of, “Go back to your own country, that’s where it all began.”

I don't see how you cannot comprehend that is not a racist remark?

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Ronald Reagan at his worst was significantly more coherent than senile Moscow Mitch....

It's not a case of coherence with McConnell....it's just a complete lack of principles and honesty.

Nothing is more important to him than keeping power, and he will literally stop at nothing to do so.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Well when we have celebrities and leaders...   ( Bryan Adams and Trump ) saying very racist comments publicly....  It does effect how crazy people behave.....

Sad world we live in.    People turning against other people.

We all need to work together to get through these difficult times.  Show respect for others.  Be kind to others and to ourselves......

Irresponsible but imho not racist. 

Edited by Toews

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Umm...did you read the article??

Const. Mike Yake with the Transit Police alleged the man then directed his attention toward the two Asian woman and made a comment to the effect of, “Go back to your own country, that’s where it all began.”

I don't see how you cannot comprehend that is not a racist remark?

re: Bryan Adams rant is the one in question I believe.

Obviously the person in that Translink story is scum 

53 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I guess time will tell.  I hope those people advocating for freedom to do as they please are right.

Truly my hope, but I somehow feel we're going to pay for this impatience in the weeks/months to come.  From how this is playing out elsewhere.

I have too much at stake with vulnerable family members to take the risk.  Just wish what we were doing wasn't affected by what others are doing.

Just found out my aunt visits my 80+ year old grand parents...

I mean...

She was in Mexico, came back and self-quarantined for 14 days. My grand mother said: It’s not enough. It should be like the word suggests 40 days.

But she’s a nurse and she’s also the last one of four daughters left. The other three have passed away.

So it’s hard for her and I understand. It’s hard for my 80+ year old grand parents who are quite self-sufficient still, gardening, ATV, welding, so on...

And it’s hard for the rest of the family who are caught between “I wanna see them too” and “how dare she endanger them”...

Very hard for everyone to deal with.

Just now, Chicken. said:

re: Bryan Adams rant is the one in question I believe.

Obviously the person in that Translink story is scum 

Right.  I had to re-read what 5th Line was responding to.

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

Yeah sick work bud 

Sorry for the confusion.  KoS responded to the Translink attack.  And when you replied, I thought it was a direct comparison to the Translink Attack.  My apologies.

:wub:

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

I figured you'd show up to find a way to argue with me.  You seem to like doing that

One race one color, whatever dude.  

Look pal I crushed you in the Vit D debate now you're looking for redemption but you will fail again.  Good luck to you

mmmmnope.

Sorry mate. Colour and race just isn’t the same.

Edited by Me_

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So here's the same shot of Kits beach, same time, 3 different ways. My point with this isn't to suggest people should totally relax, its that social media likes to drive us to be mad at other people when we need to stay calm and rational. When you look at the real story here its a good one, most people are doing the right things. 

My issue with these types of media posts is that they are only showing one part of the picture so to speak no pun intended. They can distract the reader with whatever BS camera focal length talk they want, but that's not the real question imo.  It's one thing to show a picture of thousands of people spread nicely apart on a beach - but how did they all get there?  Did they all completely social distance at the intersection by the pool on Cornwall or Arbutus or Burrard or the Seawall for example?  I HIGHLY doubt that people stood 2 meters apart (or whatever it is these days) at an intersection on a sidewalk while waiting to cross the street.  So that brings up the question - if you're not completely social distancing while going to/from the beach, but you do when you get to the beach, were you really social distancing during your visit to the beach?

It's like the 5 individuals I witnessed at Save-On foods last week having a gathering around the back of one of their pick-up trucks in the parking lot.  In no way were they practicing SD, but they sure did when they entered the store and stood on the decals on the floor near the check-out counter (one behind me and another a couple people in front of me).....were they really practicing SD on their trip to the store that day.....?

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

I figured you'd show up to find a way to argue with me.  You seem to like doing that

One race one color, whatever dude.  

Look pal I crushed you in the Vit D debate now you're looking for redemption but you will fail again.  Good luck to you

Pointing out where you’re wrong bud.

You have a tendency to be factually all over the place.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Say what now?

And what colour is that?

Vitamin D deficient?

This may be the least well performed attempt at fending off racism.

No 5th, were not all one colour. We are indeed one race of humans though; homo sapien sapien. 

Us homo sapien sapien are indeed collectively racist as we killed off all other humanoid races long, long ago.

As for wet markets, unless you offer someone an alternative income, there may be no way to prevent them.

That shouldn't be good enough. This is the CCP we are talking about, if they can put millions of Uyghurs in camps then they can stop these wet markets. The biggest issue I have with Adams' tweet is that he should have specified that he was referring to the Chinese government and not the Chinese people.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Toews said:

That shouldn't be good enough. This is the CCP we are talking about, if they can put millions of Uyghurs in camps then they can stop these wet markets. The biggest issue I have with Adams' tweet is that he should have specified that he was referring to the Chinese government and not the Chinese people.

You are right.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

I said this before but I find it ironic in a Communist country (state controlled everything), an unregulated 'wet market' is allowed to continue.  But in the land of the "greedy" Capitalists, government control/regulations means the chances of outbreaks due to such markets are noticeably lessened (note, I said lessened, not 'can't happen').

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

Or he could have just ranted that "it's all you meat eaters fault and go vegan like me".

:P

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I said this before but I find it ironic in a Communist country (state controlled everything), an unregulated 'wet market' is allowed to continue.  But in the land of the "greedy" Capitalists, government control/regulations means the chances of outbreaks due to such markets are noticeably lessened (note, I said lessened, not 'can't happen').

Is North American  industrialized / factory style  production of pigs, chickens and beef any better than what was going on in Wuhan ?

Seems like a recipe for virus / infections to happen. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Vintage 2