The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

46 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

18 to vote. I'm pretty sure you can marry your cousin at 15......B)

Why do I always have to correct you?

First cousins it's 13.

45 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Albertabamma? oh man, I hope thats not why they want to separate. 

Mind your own business. :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Hmmm.....apparently Bone Spurs said today that the US is at the "low" end for Coronavirus deaths per 100,000 population....

Not sure where he's getting those numbers from, but I understand that the sky is Red on that planet....:rolleyes:

I know at one time Germany was really low in that category. Iirc Canada is fairly low also.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Why do I always have to correct you?

First cousins it's 13.

Mind your own business. :ph34r:

I know at one time Germany was really low in that category. Iirc Canada is fairly low also.

Among the countries that can more or less be trusted to provide accurate data, Germany has done well so far...The US has not.

....and I thought the 13 year old thing was only if you don't own livestock....:unsure:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Erm.... did you not have anything in your childhood that didn't affect who you are now? Imagine being influenced to do something permanent for the rest of your life.... as a kid not knowing better.

No impact on people's lives? You really want to stand by that?

didn't say it didn't impact their life.  

You do realize they don't just hand out sex re-assignment surgery like a pez dispenser right?  It is a long, exhaustive process over seen by medical and health care professionals.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Because it could have a very negative impact on the person who transitions at a young age and then turns out they change their mind. Did you read the article?

that's why the process of sex re-assignment surgery is a long one, with constant consultation with medical and mental health care professionals.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

A-holes?

Again, red herring. I'm in no way arguing for those people or against trans people. I don't think we should be medically, permanently, transitioning children. It's irresponsible and dangerous. As adults, by all means.

it is very very rare and never done without serious consultation by many.  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/transgender-children-in-canada-to-get-more-support-expert-says-1.2454481

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

An armed society is a polite society

I wonder if the 3 McDonald's employees that were shot by a patron who disliked the fact that the seating area was closed would agree? 

Shootout at the OK Corral - would save a lot on court costs!  

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

More anti-lockdown protesters "peacefully" carrying around the biggest guns they can find:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/anti-lockdown-protesters-carry-weapons-into-north-carolina-sandwich-shop/ar-BB13VEKx?li=AAggNb9

You never know when you might spot a tank down the street.
Semi auto won’t do squat against that, what’s a guy supposed to do?

Carry an RPG, M72, M80 etc.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

You never know when you might spot a tank down the street.
Semi auto won’t do squat against that, what’s a guy supposed to do?

Carry an RPG, M72, M80 etc.

What's a cache of firearms going to do against a drone with a hellfire missile? 

Woosh. That argument of "In case the government goes rogue" is pretty weak. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's a cache of firearms going to do against a drone with a hellfire missile? 

Woosh. That argument of "In case the government goes rogue" is pretty weak. 

Please, that is why you deploy THOR or SAVAGE systems and no more drone issues.

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I agree with that. Kids legitimately struggling.

I'm thinking more of, where this encouragement from a child's self-conscious origin could potentially influence or even plant the seed of struggle with gender identity. As I said to gurn I'd imagine the default of pushing this at children from such a young age will be more trans kids.

I agree with u and @aGENT about age limits. 

I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it (can only find US based articles with a quick Google) but kids identifying as transgender, gender neutral etc has noticeably increased in the last decade. I'm sure some of that is people feeling more open to express that, which is fantastic... but the other one's...

I fear for all the 'Tom boys' who used to grow up to be future, happily straight mother's and gay/effeminate men who could just grow up to be gay men. This push for acceptance can easily read as encouragement to already confused, impressionable kids. Nevermind kids looking for attention in troubled/complicated family situations etc, etc...

Is it common? Probably not. That doesn't we shouldn't be protecting these kids from making permanent, potentially life damaging changes to their bodies before they're even fully developed. Never mind the long term health issues pumping teenagers full of hormones might do. The death penalty comparison may be extreme but it's not wrong. We don't do it anymore because once in a while, we might kill an innocent person. I don't see how this is any different. Once in a while, we might permanently, harmfully transition a kid who shouldn't have been.

Nobody is saying they shouldn't be accepted. Nobody is saying they shouldn't have equal rights. Nobody is saying they shouldn't even be able to transition. They should just have to do it as an adult. There's just too much risk IMO.

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it (can only find US based articles with a quick Google) but kids identifying as transgender, gender neutral etc has noticeably increased in the last decade. I'm sure some of that is people feeling more open to express that, which is fantastic... but the other one's...

I fear for all the 'Tom boys' who used to grow up to be future, happily straight mother's and gay/effeminate men who could just grow up to be gay men. This push for acceptance can easily read as encouragement to already confused, impressionable kids. Nevermind kids looking for attention in troubled/complicated family situations etc, etc...

Is it common? Probably not. That doesn't we shouldn't be protecting these kids from making permanent, potentially life damaging changes to their bodies before they're even fully developed. Never mind the long term health issues pumping teenagers full of hormones might do. The death penalty comparison may be extreme but it's not wrong. We don't do it anymore because once in a while, we might kill an innocent person. I don't see how this is any different. Once in a while, we might permanently, harmfully transition a kid who shouldn't have been.

Nobody is saying they shouldn't be accepted. Nobody is saying they shouldn't have equal rights. Nobody is saying they shouldn't even be able to transition. They should just have to do it as an adult. There's just too much risk IMO.

The thing about that is, there's so much more to transitioning than just surgery and all of it requires numerous levels of evaluation and approval to happen. So the odds a kid making it through that many levels of scrutiny, only for their gender identity to end up being a passing phase, is miniscule. Adding a minimum age limit for transitioning just penalizes trans kids for having the luxury of being raised in a supportive environment. 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

It's kind of a moot point because it hardly ever happens

1 hour ago, stawns said:

It's kind of a moot point because it hardly ever happens

You could say the same thing about the death penalty. And that's before addressing the long term health issues.

Edited by aGENT