The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lightning Won’t Allow Fans in Building (But they were going to)

Rate this topic

Hard to believe this was actually going to happen.  They were going to allow up to 3800 fans into the building for games and potentially Raptors games too.  I guess you can’t see that you are the epicentre when you are in the middle of it:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/fans-no-longer-allowed-lightning-raptors-games-due-covid-19-spike/

Edited by Kobayashi Maru

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Guess I'm a bit out of touch with some things...

Had no idea having fans in attendance was even an option, like anywhere.

Wtf is that $&!#? 

Dear 'Murica, you crazy.

The NFL has been doing it.

The difference of course is the much larger capacity of the stadiums.  More opportunity for social distancing, not that everyone south of the 49th believes in that sort of thing.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

The NFL has been doing it.

The difference of course is the much larger capacity of the stadiums.  More opportunity for social distancing, not that everyone south of the 49th believes in that sort of thing.

I noticed fans in some football games, but it looked like they were all miles apart... And it's open air.

I thought that was an appropriate level of crazy for our weird ass cousins down south.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I noticed fans in some football games, but it looked like they were all miles apart... And it's open air.

I thought that was an appropriate level of crazy for our weird ass cousins down south.

They are miles apart where we can see them.  I'm kind of curious if they maintain that distancing in the beer / concession lineups.

• Cheers 2

Even if they allowed us to attend, I wouldn't even entertain the idea. You're just asking for it at that point.

Unless you're an idiot, Of course you are going to take public transportation or a cab If you're drinking and are going to be touching all sorts of things...Yeah, non-essential.

Gotta remember some of these states still think this virus hoax and refuse to wear masks. 
I’m not surprised at all with the level of stupidity down there just watch 5 minutes of news and it’s clear. In fact I’m more surprised it isn’t more teams and I’d be willing to bet the  Alberta teams asked to have fans to. 

• Upvote 1