The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

thats cause your thinking that the best hockey was played in 1981. look at my thread on if all games were played in 1981. mcdavid would rank third for ppg

You know nothing about what I think .  Been watching since the 70s.  Mcd hasn’t dominated this League like 99 and 66. Hell at this point I put Crosby ahead of him too.  He looked like a more complete player when he was younger.  Maybe that changes in the next decade who knows. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Not sure what the point of this is, but I'll play along.  So Gretzky lead this stacked team in goals, assists and points.

In fact, he had 63% higher point totals than his next closest teammate.  What does that mean?  It means if Draisaitl had 100 points, McDavid would need 163 points to have an equivalent level of dominance that Gretzky had.  We are comparing players on the same team, in the same year, with the same set of circumstances.  Lemme know when McDavid pulls that off and we can talk GOAT.

it won't happen, i wont argue that. im saying mcdavid would score just as much as these two if he plaed back then

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

it won't happen, i wont argue that. im saying mcdavid would score just as much as these two if he plaed back then

How? If he can't dominate his peers like Gretzky did... That makes no sense and you know it.

You literally just said "it won't happen" and then your next sentence goes back to saying it would happen lol

You're too illogical to argue with ...

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

You know nothing about what I think .  Been watching since the 70s.  Mcd hasn’t dominated this League like 99 and 66. Hell at this point I put Crosby ahead of him too.  He looked like a more complete player when he was younger.  Maybe that changes in the next decade who knows. 

ok, if you don't factor in the way the team played you're not looking at the bigger picture. Team defense, better goalies,,,,, ETC i could go on and on

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

How? If he can't dominate his peers like Gretzky did... That makes no sense and you know it.

im not arguing gretzky wasn't the most dominant player of all time. im arguing mcdavid would score as many points as gretzky and lemeuix if he played in the 80's on thier respective teams

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

im not arguing gretzky wasn't the most dominant player of all time. im arguing mcdavid would score as many points as gretzky and lemeuix if he played in the 80's on thier respective teams

Again... How?  He would need to score 63% more than his peers.  He doesnt dominate now... But he would miraculously dominate in your fantasy world?

Anyways, you make no sense.  Not gonna keep this going since it's pointless arguing with someone without logic.

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

ok, if you don't factor in the way the team played you're not looking at the bigger picture. Team defense, better goalies,,,,, ETC i could go on and on

Ok we aren’t going to convince each other.  
MCD is a fantastic player but not on the same tier as the goat. 

can we at least agree the crappy coilers were extremely lucky to win another  generational talent because the lotto balls fell their way.  And even though they picked first overall so many times they still look like an ahl team without drai and mcdavid ... lol 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Again... How?  He would need to score 63% more than his peers.  He doesnt dominate now... But he would miraculously dominate in your fantasy world?

lol, players today have a much harder time to score, thats a fact. mcdavid does sore 63% more than his teammates the 4th leading scorer had 35 points last year.

imagine having 7 hall of famers on our team to pad your stats

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Darius said:

I agree. And personally, I'd take Jagr over McD, any day. 

• Cheers 1

I had to work tonight and made the mistake of turning on the radio on the way home and heard the score immediately. 

Can anyone summarize who played well and who didn’t? Flipping through the last several pages it sounds like Jake had a terrible night :( 

Did we play bad tonight or did McJesus just have one of his walking on water kind of games that could beat any team? PS I’m not a  McDavid fan but I respect the hell outta his skills. 

1 minute ago, YearoftheNuck said:

I had to work tonight and made the mistake of turning on the radio on the way home and heard the score immediately. 

Can anyone summarize who played well and who didn’t? Flipping through the last several pages it sounds like Jake had a terrible night :( 

Did we play bad tonight or did McJesus just have one of his walking on water kind of games that could beat any team? PS I’m not a  McDavid fan but I respect the hell outta his skills. 

mcdavid Nuge and koskinen played great. our team overall wasn't very hungry and it showed

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

McDavid was super fast. Our defense was horribly prepared compared to yesterday. Lots of bad luck. Some dumb penalties. You missed nothing.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

lol, players today have a much harder time to score, thats a fact. mcdavid does sore 63% more than his teammates the 4th leading scorer had 35 points last year.

imagine having 7 hall of famers on our team to pad your stats

Come on PB

goto hockey dB.  Look up Bernie Nichols.  He gets 78 points.  Gretzky shows up and BAM... next entry...  150 points. Magic.  This is just one example. 

Imagine how many hall of famers would have been created in LA if Wayne spent his prime years there.  Bernie was talented of course but not 150 point talented.  

• Cheers 2