The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

11 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I would be surprised! I think Jake did reasonably well stepping up. Took a bit of time to get into the swing of things.

Gaudette only managed 8 mins of TOI, so if you think MacEwen is being pulled based on 7 mins I can't see Gaud getting promoted to 1st line.

Also Bailey and Gaudette are both righties, so wouldn't make sense to put them as 1LW.

More likely that the 13th Fwd is changing from Eriksson to Bailey, and the rest of the lineup stays the same.

Virtanen is a right shot as well didn't stop Green from putting him on the first line.

Gaud knows how to pass Virtanen doesn't that makes Gaud a better player for the first line. Gaud time on ice was probably low cause he was paired with Mcewen 

1 minute ago, -Moose said:

Angry was probably the wrong word, but you guys definitely feel very strongly about this for some reason. Spending this much time and energy on such a tiny, not-important thing just amazes me. Surely you guys have something better/more productive to do 

if we did we sure as hell wouldn't be here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, -Moose said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Motte on the first line while we wait for JT tbh.

Virtanen goes back to the third and MacKewan or Loui can play on the 4th 

To be honest, this is a pretty good idea.  He can dig and get pucks loose for Petey and Boeser.  Would be a pretty good add to the line and he does have offence in his historical performance prior to the NHL

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, tas said:

listen, if you want to shred dave randorf or mark lee or peter loubardias or any of the other reject play by play guys we've been subjected to over the years, I'll be right there with ya, and it's not a racial thing by any stretch of the imagination. it's about having reasonable expectations. those other guys have no excuse to be bad because they've had decades of opportunity and were still terrible at it. harnarayan singh has not, and the guy is trying to blaze a pretty noteworthy trail in the industry. give him a chance before you smash him back down to earth. 

How many chances does one need to give someone before making their decision? I listened last night and I wasn't a fan, I'm a pretty decisive person. That's not to say my opinion can't be changed, but based on his call last night I wasn't fond of him. 

And I'm allowed to feel that way. Not everyone has to be completely positive or agree with you 100% of the time. You feel your way and I'll feel mine.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

The problem with Jake on the first line last night is that he was still playing like a bottom 6 player. Throwing the puck away instead of making a more skilled play to Boeser or Petey. He needs that Hoglander confidence. 

The problem with jake is he isn't a playmaker. Miller is Petey is and Boeser is the set up guy and Boeser has a good pass as well.

Jake doesn't have the hockey IQ to make the great passes

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, -Moose said:

Angry was probably the wrong word, but you guys definitely feel very strongly about this for some reason. Spending this much time and energy on such a tiny, not-important thing just amazes me. Surely you guys have something better/more productive to do 

To you its a tiny detail, to some others its a big deal. It's what makes the world go around. 

I like good play by play, it sucks you into the game. Bad play by play just = a boring game for me and I'm sure many others. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Virtanen is a right shot as well didn't stop Green from putting him on the first line.

Gaud knows how to pass Virtanen doesn't that makes Gaud a better player for the first line. Gaud time on ice was probably low cause he was paired with Mcewen 

Jake has played quite a lot of LW in his earlier days, not Gaudette. Also Gaudette is not a great passer IMO, that is one of the key things he needs to work on, as well as defense, which is another reason why I don't think he is the guy to slot into 1LW.

A more realistic rejig if Virtanen is moved to 3rd line would be to insert Pearson on 1LW. And go with:

Pearson - Pettersson - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Gaudette/Bailey

But I think you are just reading too much into that 7 mins of TOI for MacEwen. I don't think that means Bailey/Gaudette are due for a shot in the top 6.

I also think the 3rd line is always in that 7-8 min zone unless they are playing on a special team.

4 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

To be honest, this is a pretty good idea.  He can dig and get pucks loose for Petey and Boeser.  Would be a pretty good add to the line and he does have offence in his historical performance prior to the NHL

This is what I suggested on Bo's wing and people here thought I was nuts. But either way, there's nothing wrong with giving it a shot on the first line. Based on last night's performance, I would keep Bo's line together. 

10 minutes ago, tas said:

sure, but if the statement in question is "based on yadda yadda I can only conclude that ..." there is no room for interpretation. he literally said that based on all of his deductive reasoning, the only possible conclusion he could come to is that I'm a south asian person. adding a question mark or saying it with an upward inflection doesn't turn it into a question. he went so far as to say it was obvious that I was taking it personally and in a racial context. 

Yes, I agree with you on that.

Sorry, I should have stayed out of it....

3 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Jake has played quite a lot of LW in his earlier days, not Gaudette. Also Gaudette is not a great passer IMO, that is one of the key things he needs to work on, as well as defense, which is another reason why I don't think he is the guy to slot into 1LW.

A more realistic rejig if Virtanen is moved to 3rd line would be to insert Pearson on 1LW. And go with:

Pearson - Pettersson - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Gaudette/Bailey

But I think you are just reading too much into that 7 mins of TOI for MacEwen. I don't think that means Bailey/Gaudette are due for a shot in the top 6.

I also think the 3rd line is always in that 7-8 min zone unless they are playing on a special team.

Bailey is on a two way contract Eriksson is on a one way there is no way they call Bailey up if they weren't playing him

Edited by Arrow 1983

9 minutes ago, Greenman Wannabe said:

How many chances does one need to give someone before making their decision? I listened last night and I wasn't a fan, I'm a pretty decisive person. That's not to say my opinion can't be changed, but based on his call last night I wasn't fond of him. 

And I'm allowed to feel that way. Not everyone has to be completely positive or agree with you 100% of the time. You feel your way and I'll feel mine.

and that's fine, I'll just continue calling you out for being toxic. 

• Wat 1