The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Didn’t say I wouldn’t. And I am not a negative Nancy anyhoo. Your overthinking it, it was an opinion that a few others shared as well. Is there a reason you are singling me out?

I just responded to a post and then responded to a response to my post. i have no angle. 

• Wat 1

14 minutes ago, Green Building said:

&^@# me, it's crazy. Gene wasn't allowed in the bubble yet so this guy gets the nod and people kick him down the stairs.

Actually it had nothing to do with Gene.  They do completely different jobs. It was a national game so you're gonna get a neutral announcer.  Jack Michaels will call the game for the Oilers tonight. John and John for the Canucks. But yeah, I agree, give the guy a chance.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree, Hoglander is on this team now, and Miller will be back.

I think, eventually, a good 3rd line would be:

VIRTANEN - GAUDETTE - MacEWEN

I still like Roussel on the 3rd line (not last season's Roussel tho'), ideally:

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

So when Miller is back I think MacEwen is the odd man out cuz likely we want to keep Motte - Beagle - Sutter on 4th line for PK duties which keeps JT and Horvat fresh.

Big Mac is excellent to slot into the 3rd or 4th line when we have an injury tho'

4 minutes ago, nergish said:

I don't understand how a team can look at Mikko Koskinen and say "yeah, that's a number one NHL goaltender".
And then go "tandem with Mike Smith? Sure, sounds perfectly adequate."

well, koskinen had similar numbers to markstrom last year. R u just a h8r?

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's not an actual article, is it?

As I noted - I could not / did not make that quality content up.

So style-wise what would be in the Auston Matthews starter pack?
For fragrance, Saint Laurent or Tom Ford. The watch was my first big purchase in my first year. I bought a Rolex Submariner. I had never really owned a nice watch like that, and it was a big investment, so that's my go-to. I always wear it when I travel with suits and stuff. Louis Vuitton wallets and Louis Vuitton duffels. Bottega Veneta backpacks.

Edited by oldnews

53 minutes ago, skeena1 said:

Actually it had nothing to do with Gene.  They do completely different jobs. It was a national game so you're gonna get a neutral announcer.  Jack Michaels will call the game for the Oilers tonight. John and John for the Canucks. But yeah, I agree, give the guy a chance.

Damn, I thought Gene's hair was getting a promotion to call a game and was looking forward to it for the laughs.  

• Like 1