The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Myers could use his size more to his advantage. Although, he has a long reach, he needs to play with a little more aggression.

I agree. As discussed, the whole team needs to be playing with a bit more of a physical edge. They have the players to do it with. I wonder how much of a player's physical play is their choice and how much is dictated by the coaching staff.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I agree. As discussed, the whole team needs to be playing with a bit more of a physical edge. They have the players to do it with. I wonder how much of a player's physical play is their choice and how much is dictated by the coaching staff.

What’s disturbing is Myers played like a beast in the playoffs and the refs hung him for it. I wonder is that plays into it as well. I don’t know what it is and maybe it’s a biased perspective but when ever the Canucks ramp up their physical play the refs make them pay for it. It seems to me anyways 

• Vintage 4

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

What’s disturbing is Myers played like a beast in the playoffs and the refs hung him for it. I wonder is that plays into it as well. I don’t know what it is and maybe it’s a biased perspective but when ever the Canucks ramp up their physical play the refs make them pay for it. It seems to me anyways 

That's a good point. Why would the officials have a laser focus on the Canucks attempts to ramp up the physical play but allow other teams to throw their weight around. Not exactly sounding like a level playing field. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I could see those being as factors, especially the point where he would get a penalty after a penalty for showing even a little bit of aggression during last year's playoffs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think Miller will make sure we're ready to start the game. He's our spark plug. 

He's like a giant monster drink.

Could very well be that you are right about this.

But I still find it a bit troubling if not having Miller had THAT big an impact during the last two games. Not sure I saw as uninspired back to back games like that all of last season. Granted I’m old and my memory ain’t what it was. ^_^

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

I blame the entire team, not just Cooke. But to be honest, I don’t blame Bertuzzi more than others. Moore won a fight in that game and he scored a goal. Every Canucks fan was wanting something to happen to him. The sucker punch was dirty, and knocked him out. If he woke up woozy and cowered to the bench / dressing room, fans would have been good with it. Instead, a bunch of players fell on him and he broke his neck. And Bertuzzi is vilified forever.

Fair enough. That dirty blindside by Moore ruined 3 careers, and his was the least. I guess the new pacified NHL isn't so bad when you look at what used to be normal

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Could very well be that you are right about this.

But I still find it a bit troubling if not having Miller had THAT big an impact during the last two games. Not sure I saw as uninspired back to back games like that all of last season. Granted I’m old and my memory ain’t what it was. ^_^

It was woefully uninspired hockey in those last two games. The leaders need to lead on this team and get them focused.

1 hour ago, NeilColville said:

Every single team has that spot covered. Our PP is so predictable and stagnant that Petey has no time or space. M O V E T H E G O D D A M N P U C K 

It is not about moving the puck. Our PP1 actually moves the puck very well. The problem is that the player are not moving. Boeser and Petey stand at the same spot passing it back and forth from Boeser to Hughes to Petery and back. They are standing there without moving which makes it easy for defenders to read the play and block shots and intercept passes.

• Cheers 1

Well the Nucks are in a mini slump :P lets hope they can rebound but Marky may have their number....he certainly had the last laugh last game....nothing better than blanking your old team that didn't want to pay the money to keep you....the best FRACK YOU.....a player can give....EP needs to get on the board...so does JV....when is Miller back? frack they need him..... Cmon Nucks....

4 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Well the Nucks are in a mini slump :P lets hope they can rebound but Marky may have their number....he certainly had the last laugh last game....nothing better than blanking your old team that didn't want to pay the money to keep you....the best FRACK YOU.....a player can give....EP needs to get on the board...so does JV....when is Miller back? frack they need him..... Cmon Nucks....

Miller will play today.