The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I wasn’t very big on Cooke. 
I was thinking more about Bertuzzi / Moore the other day, and realized that If Cooke didn’t first try to fight Moore (and lost in his attempt), Moore may have been more willing to drop gloves with Bertuzzi. Why did Cooke have to use that game as one of the very few times he was willing to fight? It just added to the frustration.

... Because Moore wouldn't fight anyone, only reason he accepted Cooke is because he could take him. 

Blaming that incident on Cooke is a garbage take. Everyone on the team wanted a peice of Moore, but he was a coward. 

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m not going to post “fire Green” tonight, he’s doing a good enough job himself championing my cause.

If he goes back to the "Mish Mash Method" of trying to get a spark from his team by throwing names in a bag and giving it a try for a shift or two, I am going to.................................:picard:  ::D  Maybe he should try more traditional methods?

5 hours ago, skategal said:

To each their own I guess, I enjoy Campbell - like her analysis of the game and the plays as she identifies things that a lot of fans may not recognize in watching unless they have played the game at a very high level.   

Plus, she's a woman so I guess I'm cheering for her in this male dominated industry and recognizing how much harder her road is than the average white guy.  

Why do you have to say "White guy”?  I actually don't care but if a White guy said that about anyone else none White and not a guy he gets torn a new one. 

As for Cassie ironically based on this convo, I doubt she's doing national games based on her talent and more on her connections and sex. She sucks. Sorry but tons of people know a lot about hockey, there is an art form to broadcasting and the biggest is knowing when to shut up and let the viewers enjoy the game. She is also an extreme homer who was gushing all night about the Lames and their crappy prospects. That's fine for regional games,  not for a national game, where Nuck fans and none, flame fans, have no other option. Rick Ball also sucks SN is mailing it in.

If the east is getting Cuth, at least gives us Hughson or the dude from sports page who called Petey's first goal. Rintoul?

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Why do you have to say "White guy”?  I actually don't care but if a White guy said that about anyone else none White and not a guy he gets torn a new one. 

As for Cassie ironically based on this convo, I doubt she's doing national games based on her talent and more on her connections and sex. She sucks. Sorry but tons of people know a lot about hockey, there is an art form to broadcasting and the biggest is knowing when to shut up and let the viewers enjoy the game. She is also an extreme homer who was gushing all night about the Lames and their crappy prospects. That's fine for regional games,  not for a national game, where Nuck fans and none, flame fans, have no other option. Rick Ball also sucks SN is mailing it in.

If the east is getting Cuth, at least gives us Hughson or the dude from sports page who called Petey's first goal. Rintoul?

... because f***in' everybody in the industry is a white guy. 

And both Rick Ball and Cassie Campbell are far better than many previous broadcasters employed by Sportsnet/CBC (including Dave Randorf, which is the guy you're confusing with Scott Rintoul).

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

On one of the broadcasts they mentioned that Hughson does not want to travel due to COVID so will only be calling Canuck home games.

I don't know if that's true, but it kinda makes sense.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That lines been used in this forum more times than “fire Green”, way to be original.

That's becuase it's the one thing everyone here can agree on. 

sorry had to

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Every single team has that spot covered. Our PP is so predictable and stagnant that Petey has no time or space. M O V E T H E G O D D A M N P U C K 

Not standing still would be nice too. Even PP2 moves around more and look more dynamic with more shots on net.

• Cheers 1