The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

37 minutes ago, oldnews said:

That is priceless.

And (posted  this before, but maybe worth repeating)....

NHL games experience:

Pettersson 141

Boeser 199

Hoglander 2

Gaudette 122

MacEwen 23

Motte 189

Hughes 75

Juolevi 2

Demko 38

So looks like there's room for about 1 more on JT's back.

Anyhow - that's a pretty significant list / amount of youth / reasons to be patient with the team (ie when they're inconsistent) - or have dry spells on the powerplay (they all go through dry spells and streaks - but this group is exceptionally talented and has all the elements, so no need to fret imo)....

What about Bo ,our Captain ,with 449 games?

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

There is never really an "explanation" for when a team goes through a streak they would rather not. 

The bottom line - the veterans like Edler, Beagle, Hamonic, Sutter, Schmidt, Roussel - who have lead the team in penalty klling minutes - are all long term PROVEN very good penalty killers - and we are talking about tiny samples here (ie where a few goals makes a HUGE difference / impression - ie 2/10 as opposed to 4/10 = and no one is talking about it) - overlapping with / amplified by the powerplay not producing anything.

Two game sample = relatively meaningless.

People micro-dwelling on a game or two lose sight of the fact that this happens regularly - to any team.

The veterans are of no concern.

And the young, talented powerplay guys - will get theirs.

There really is no point fishbowling it - getting anxious over snapshots.

Just pointing out that the youth alluded to in the previous text doesn't explain the extremely poor PK to start the season (especially when other teams' PP's haven't had alot of practice at this point).

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Jayinblack said:

Just pointing out that the youth alluded to in the previous text doesn't explain the extremely poor PK to start the season (especially when other teams' PP's haven't had alot of practice at this point).

My thought on that is maybe the different d pairs this year. Its something I believe will work itself out once the team plays more and more games together. 

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Would like to see the bottom 6 look like this : Motte - Sutter - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - Gaudette

Would give us a 3rd line that can produce. Switch Gauds when he is ready for regular face off duty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

My thought on that is maybe the different d pairs this year. Its something I believe will work itself out once the team plays more and more games together. 

I agree with that... was my thought's on why we seem a little out of sync so far in general.

We'll be formidable once they have time to gel, get in game shape (Hamonic), and get used to each others' voices/tendencies/etc