The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

No playoff success, AV is a decent coach, in fact I’d say a great regular season coach, not a playoff coach though.

yeah not only did he get fired and lead the rangers too the cup final after getting hired, he hasnt been in philly long, i guess we'll have too wait and see. i dont like philly so i hope they dont.

• Cheers 3

Just now, Dazzle said:

AV's has had plenty of playoff success - and I say this not being AV's biggest fan.

AV had the greatest team of the 2000’s with the Canucks, we made the SCF once and a bunch of early exits, we should have had 2 or 3 cups with the team we had. 

only other run was with NY, another solid team, pretty sad for over 20 years coaching some elite teams.

Any accomplishments his teams had in the playoffs were not due to him but despite him, they were still top teams that should have won.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Hoglander's birthday made him miss the 2018 draft class which made him older then the rest of the guys and scouts really like players that get drafted at 17 going on 18 July August and late June birthdays are preferable. It just meant he was a old 18 player playing against 16 and 17 year olds which means any stats he got could be possibly inflated by being bigger strong more matured. We see in in the OHL WHL so on all the time lower round 19-20 year olds lead the league but then they move to AHL and they become 3rd line grinders. 

Hoglander is a late bloomer it happens. Auston Matthew was the same but he showed much earlier that he was skilled  

Huh? Hoglander has been playing against men since 15years old. Not sure what you are referring to when you say his stats are inflated against younger players 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Our team is a failure, unlike most I support our players, I don’t jump on trade this one or that one bandwagons. I have been against our soft coaches since AV, I do not cover any bases, I have one agenda and it’s been the same since AV, give us a tough coach that can build a tough team, I’m probably the most consistent fan you’ll ever meet. 

Our team is a failure? Seriously? Lol

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Our team is a failure, unlike most I support our players, I don’t jump on trade this one or that one bandwagons. I have been against our soft coaches since AV, I do not cover any bases, I have one agenda and it’s been the same since AV, give us a tough coach that can build a tough team, I’m probably the most consistent fan you’ll ever meet. 

So... Torts?  How'd that work out?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

yeah not only did he get fired and lead the rangers too the cup final after getting hired, he hasnt been in philly long, i guess we'll have too wait and see. i dont like philly so i hope they dont.

Well, here’s my prediction, Neither AV nor Green will ever win a cup. Bookmark it, hold me to it, if either do I’ll donate $200 to Canucks Place and if either do it with the Canucks I’ll double it.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Well, here’s my prediction, Neither AV nor Green will ever win a cup. Bookmark it, hold me to it, if either do I’ll donate $200 to Canucks Place and if either do it with the Canucks I’ll double it.

At least someone is willing to put their money where their mouth is. At least I can respect this.

• Cheers 2

I'm so impressed by Hoglander. He's such a puck hound and wins battles I wouldn't expect a 5'9" rookie to have any chance at. He really punches above his weight class on the forecheck and on the boards. Looks like a great fit on Horvat's wing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

you didnt give me and real answer on who you would hire if you were a GM just said literally anyone, maybe he doesnt win one with us, but he's doing a good job building the chemistry and plenty of interviews of them saying how good of a coach he's been behind the scenes and they all seem genuine, instead of your standard bland interview responses.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

I'm so impressed by Hoglander. He's such a puck hound and wins battles I wouldn't expect a 5'9" rookie to have any chance at. He really punches above his weight class on the forecheck and on the boards. Looks like a great fit on Horvat's wing. 

Jannik Hansen 2.0 with better skill set  rebirth both number 36 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

you didnt give me and real answer on who you would hire if you were a GM just said literally anyone, maybe he doesnt win one with us, but he's doing a good job building the chemistry and plenty of interviews of them saying how good of a coach he's been behind the scenes and they all seem genuine, instead of your standard bland interview responses.

At this point I’d have to say Gallant, I still don’t know what happened in Vegas but he could right the ship, Vegas played tough and he could bring that to our team. I’m not that much into analytics to know what other coaches have to offer, I just look at what’s in front of me, ie: Green and my life long experiences both in coaching sports and business IMHO he will not get us a Cup.

• Haha 1

What grabbed me even more than the rock-solid effort tonight was the insane confidence in stickhandling and passing that pretty much the whole team was displaying. It's like Hog's energy is inspirational or something.

There are plenty of examples to pull from the game, but what readily comes to mind was Miller weaving around before Mac's deflection goal.  So sweet to see.

• Cheers 2