The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

One thing that never bugs me is your insights and fan hood.   I get the frustrations - but more then anything we should back our team.   Especially right now.   Something you've got in spades and for sure it makes an impact on this site.   Thanks Deb!   Win or lose this is our team, we aren't going to battle, they are for us, under difficult circumstances - maybe they should make one game where we just cheer for them and that's it.  Gratitude.   It only takes one cheerleader at a live game to get the crowd going .... we are lucky to have you as a regular poster - i for one definitely appreciate it. 

Thank you for the kind words....I really appreciate them.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Deboer. Has a a stellar nhl record and took the sharks to the final 

Former nhl player and a law degree to boot 

very highly respected 

tell me you think Green is a better coach than DeBoer 

Not even saying he's bad since I don't follow the teams he coached enough but Shark fans hated him and based on the bubble and his pathetic Demko gave his team the yips causing them to flub it against the Stars didn't paint him in the best light.

Pardon the pun but the grass isn't always Greener, you might be right and were better off with a new coach but to base our defensive play on a systems issue is where I disagree. The issue is with execution and mental mistakes.

I don't think Green tells his Dmen to turn the puck over five feet from the goalie or blow assignments. 

8 minutes ago, Rabid Rooster said:

I like Nils, but the energizer bunny should be on the 3rd line.

move Jake up.

juolevi isn’t in the line up because he scored a goal . He was not coached to do that.

Virtanen has never looked anything other than completely lost in the top 6. 

3 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Not a whole lot to work with. Benn is with Hughes. you put Myers with Edler on the top pairing then Schmidt and Chatfield doesn't give Green a ton of confidence.

My only gripe with the coaches is this obsession to have balanced pairs. Nate needs to be on his offside, if that means sitting Chatfield and inserting OJ is that really so bad? Not like Chat has been better than OJ.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1