The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We're actually third worst team in the league now - officially - with a .352 points %  so not top ten, twenty, but bottom thirty!!!!!   That's what TG and JB have worked so hard to achieve.

My response was to the guy that compared our cap management to Tampa Bay, Philly and Washington...  the top 5-10 teams in the league. 

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

They actually did play well tonight.  Did you watch the game or just look at the scoreboard? 

They played better than the Flames most the first and about the same in the second and looked all but lost in the third, if “playing well” is relevant than ok, I might buy it but I thought the Flames stunk.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Not sure what undervaluing the players lost really accomplishes here when you can look at the standing and see our team 3rd last in the league. Remember we were a playoff team last year, amd this year we might end up being last in the league if we can only beat the sens. Fantenberg and Stecher would have been playing instead of chatfield and Benn. Where is Hamonic? Schmidt was a good trade but he hasnt really shown us anything and hasnt even replaced Tanev.

If our stars were performing Stecher, Fantenberg, Leivo wouldn't even be apart of any conversation. 

You really think Stecher & Fantenberg are the difference right now? We'd be in the same spot with them instead of Benn/Juolevi. 

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

It’s hard to see the end to this losing streak , it’s going to take an opposing goalie having a really bad night. 

Reminds of that 10 game losing streak we had and burrows broke it. Against Carolina? One of those Canuck moments I’ll never forget. I think we had a pretty good team at that time too if I remember correctly 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, -Moose said:

Who's going to coach in the interim? 

Doesn't matter - this team was never going anywhere this season.   we have two more years to go.  So they could put a monkey in charge it would be better than TG.  (maybe we'd even see some different line combos for a change.  (Something TG hates)

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

He will need ownership approval to fire the coach which at that point Aqua would he like why should I not fire you with him. JB ain't gonna go into that conversation.

This is 1000% on Aqua now. The rot starts with them. 

Aqua won’t fire him because he has two more years on his contract.

Green has had a good run here but it’s not common for a rookie coach to last more than a few seasons. They’ve been very fair and patient with him. It’s time for a new more experienced coach to get this team to another level.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If our stars were performing Stecher, Fantenberg, Leivo wouldn't even be apart of any conversation. 

You really think Stecher & Fantenberg are the difference right now? We'd be in the same spot with them instead of Benn/Juolevi. 

Same cr*p d breakdown we saw with them in lineup against vegas

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

People are really grasping at straws now. I heard somebody complaining about letting Fantenberg go too haha oh man 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Doesn't matter - this team was never going anywhere this season.   we have two more years to go.  So they could put a monkey in charge it would be better than TG.  (maybe we'd even see some different line combos for a change.  (Something TG hates)

I thought we'd make the playoffs for sure 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We got killed not playing guys like MacEwan and Juolevi.

How is shortening the bench working out for Green?

Green has enough options to win games we need to stop making excuses for him. There’s no way this team is a bottom 3 team. This is ridiculous.

Absolutely agree with you.  Enough.  There are some big talents on this team.  Since when can a coach lose 6 in a row with some of the most talented offensive guys in the league on the team without any blame?  Come on.  When is Green gonna be shown the door. 

• Cheers 1

This org will need another top tier stud d man to compete with the young powerhouses like Colorado etc.

Best way to get one is through the draft.  This is a messed up season anyway, take the L , fire who needs to be fired, then draft a key piece.

On the bright side: Hogs looks like he will be dynamite for this team when they are on track again.  Think of Podz coming in too.  This can be turned around fairly quick, it will need the right guy to do it though.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2