The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

This is where you guys need to wake up hockey wise. I don't care what you think of the coaching staff, and I don't overly care one way or another myself. This above shot has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with $&!#ty players. They're gassed and playing out of position. Notice the 3 guys sitting in front of their net covering no one. There is no way it's drawn up like that and these guys are doing their jobs. This is why non-hockey coaches calling out NHL coaches is hilarious. It's pretty difficult, even for professionals at the rink to figure out this stuff out, let alone on tv. Do you guys actually believe what you're saying?  :o

Lol.  Dude, go back and watch that game- or most games this year. Literally every time the puck is in the d zone they collapse into a box.  It happened during the whole playoff run last year too.  Thats why they were outshot in practically every game.  Marky was probably the top goalie in the league at stoping shots from the distance outside that box, thats why they won a lot of games they shouldnt have won.

Also, if non hockey coaches cant call out NHL coaches we might as well shut down half the discussions on this board.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

We are rested, we practiced , we have a great effort in our previous game to build on. There should be no excuses tonight.

i especially don’t want to hear the post game containing :

Markstrom was hot.

thats a heavy team over there

we miss Motte

refs put the whistle away

I think we had some good looks on the PP

44 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Can you please include things Green did wrong before he came to the rink? You know wrong tie, left the cap of the toothpaste, toilet roll empty, milk on the counter stuff. I find your posts so informative and relative it's not really fun unless I know exactly what this serial killer has done wrong today, so a little more detail would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your next 70 "I hate Green", posts. Such an enjoyable break from Canuck fans and reasonable human beings garbage posts supporting the players and team or discussing stuff like adults. It's never fun unless you're on an obsessive witch hunt I always say.

I hate Green 

post 1

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Holtby was pissed about the previous game and really wanted to get back out there. Green didn't want him dwelling on it. It was the right move to go with Holtby again last game. Demko's turn now

Until Holtby let Matthews score five hole on a wrist shot 

So....Tanev and markstrom on the other side.....thats a painful one imo. Especially considerin how the D looks now. Im hoping for a comeback, Flames is a team on the same level considering how we have been playing. On a positive not the first line is getting more consistent and Hoglander is a joy to watch. Hoping for a series that will mean a turnaround for the rest of the season. Somewhere around this time of the season is when we need to turn things around....rather sooner then later. Or we will fail miserably without reaching the playoffs. So hoping for a W....

11 minutes ago, Darius said:

Lol.  Dude, go back and watch that game- or most games this year. Literally every time the puck is in the d zone they collapse into a box.  It happened during the whole playoff run last year too.  Thats why they were outshot in practically every game.  Marky was probably the top goalie in the league at stoping shots from the distance outside that box, thats why they won a lot of games they shouldnt have won.

Also, if non hockey coaches cant call out NHL coaches we might as well shut down half the discussions on this board.  

I watched every game last year and I'm not talking about last year. I'm talking about your example which in no way depicts what you're saying. I get everyone is pissed at the coaching, and they have every right to be but lets at least stick to the truth somewhat shall we. I've seen them collapse stylistically too but you've picked a very poor example to prove your point. You've also shown that however poor the coaching is, the players execution of the plan is almost as bad sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I watched every game last year and I'm not talking about last year. I'm talking about your example which in no way depicts what you're saying. I get everyone is pissed at the coaching, and they have every right to be but lets at least stick to the truth somewhat shall we. I've seen them collapse stylistically too but you've picked a very poor example to prove your point. You've also shown that however poor the coaching is, the players execution of the plan is almost as bad sometimes.

how is it a poor example when I basically draw out a box and im telling you that they collapse into a box.  I could go back and take screen shots of 15 more examples, i just randomly picked that one.  Just because a couple guys got lazy and are in the pic standing in the wrong spot doesnt make it a wrong depiction.  

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

how is it a poor example when I basically draw out a box and im telling you that they collapse into a box.  I could go back and take screen shots of 15 more examples, i just randomly picked that one.  Just because a couple guys got lazy and are in the pic standing in the wrong spot doesnt make it a wrong depiction.  

Well first of all those guys in the middle aren't supposed to just be sitting there, they're supposed to be right on the blue lines. They're tired, and confused, same with the guy on the bottom right who is supposed to be pushing up on one of the forwards followed by the loose d picking up the other guy. So you picked an example where 4 guys are out of position, they look gassed and aren't playing the system properly. 

Fine though, I do get what you're trying to say. I just wish people would realize how piss poor the players are defensively sometimes in addition to the coaching. I see this usually happen because players stay out to long coasting around and then get caught in their own end. It happens all the time with this group.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Well first of all those guys in the middle aren't supposed to just be sitting there, they're supposed to be right on the blue lines. They're tired, and confused, same with the guy on the bottom right who is supposed to be pushing up on one of the forwards followed by the loose d picking up the other guy. So you picked an example where 4 guys are out of position, they look gassed and aren't playing the system properly. 

Fine though, I do get what you're trying to say. I just wish people would realize how piss poor the players are defensively sometimes in addition to the coaching. I see this usually happen because players stay out to long coasting around and then get caught in their own end. It happens all the time with this group.

Hey, im not saying these players are perfect, i think a few of these guys are in over their heads right now...and maybe even QH is being asked to do too much.  All i was pointing out was that they rely on a passive defensive system too much - they give the other team too much room and they collapse into a box too often - this is a strategy they use dlast year too (as mentioned before) and they relied on marky's strength to make the saves from the outside too much.  The goalies they have this year are not as good as Marky so they will be burned a little more often.  This "passive" system also is why they are outshot OR allow 35+ shots against even against crappy teams like Ottawa.  

Is some of this on personnel? of course it is - I agree with you on that.  They need to upgrade on the quality of some of these d men for sure.  Its a combo of D zone coaching and personnel that have led us to this point - a historically awful defensive record so far this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

You mean this IBatch?  Im convinced that this box (panic box as you perfectly call it) makes the d look worse than they are.  Every time the other team gets the puck they back in and collapse into "the box".  So frustrating to see them so passive and take a penalty killing stance even when they are 5 on 5.  Look at the space the leafs have around the perimeter...

defence.thumb.jpg.b8ccc29aedbdca7ed3bb4084bd5a3042.jpg

Yes - like i said the panic box has to go - the a definition of go is leave, go away, don't come back etc -  i suppose i should have been more clear about that.   Like is said - it worked against Vegas - as in extending the series, and it's nice to see all the forwards come back and support - and like you said who the heck wants to watch 5 x 5 play like we are short handed!    We are in agreement Darius. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

We are rested, we practiced , we have a great effort in our previous game to build on. There should be no excuses tonight.

i especially don’t want to hear the post game containing :

Markstrom was hot.

thats a heavy team over there

we miss Motte

refs put the whistle away

I think we had some good looks on the PP

Additional lines I don't want to hear:

Give them credit, they played a great game

Sometimes you lose games you deserved to win

It's tough to score goals in the NHL

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, RichieCanuck said:

I sure hope they play Juolevi tonight, he's really poised out there, and seems like a very smart player. 

He’s gonna be a solid player I think. Nothing flashy just solid. Exactly what we need. Keep playing him 

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Does that mean Demko gets the start or Holtby? or does DiPietro get a game? I'm confuzzled.

The tweet is just that. To confuse people. A couple players want some extra ice that’s all that should be read into