The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Saw his antics on the highlight package again yesterday. He’s the ultimate rat loser. OJ for the win 

No doubt when "things are going good", you see such players light up the scoreboard.  Problem is, you're not going to win every game.  They'll be slumps even with great teams.  It's these types of players that extend losing streaks because they're the first ones to 'bail on you' when times get tough.

6 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Battle of the Lames and Cannots.

Which one suck more?

The difference is the Lames have been winning and making up their games in hand with points 

plus they knocked us off 

the Canadian division season under Green may cause us to stop calling other teams Laffs, Coilers, Lames etc 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Flames did it because there was a problem with a certain gutless piece of trash embarrassing the franchise and putting targets on his teammates' backs due to his refusal to cut out the garbage and play like a man.  As bad as we've been playing, at least we don't have anyone with the character issues of Tkachuk to worry about.

We all know we would be over the moon if we managed to get Tkachuk on our team 

i hate hate his antics as an opponent but sure would like to have his antics working for us 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It'll be a great day foir the sport when either the league or an enforcer ends his career once and for all.  He deserves a face worse than Moore.

What happened to Moore was atrocious. 

It’s a stain on our team’s history. 

I wish he had the chance to continue to play and earn for himself and his family. 

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hard no. I want no part of that gutless coward disgracing our franchise.  Character matters and Tkachuk is a subhuman waste of oxygen.  He fits right in with the Flames and their classless team and fanbase.

We are all forgetting the fact we had Burrows? Cooke? 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

How come MTL and TOR look like they had a training camp? Tired of that excuse for losing. And tired on the road trip? Even the players have said that it's much easier this season because they don't have to constantly fly and change hotels. The team is bad defensively, and looks like Hamonic pulled a Ferland (great signings Benning). They need help on D, give their goalies a chance, keep the puck out of their own end. 

I actually really hope that Benning makes a trade for D help, as I'm not sure a new coach coming in would wrangle this team in time to get going.  A new GM right now might not help either, possibly being overly careful with transactions at first. If it's about this season and trying to right the ship before it; too late, I hope Benning can pull off a good trade. 

If it's about this season then JB would have signed Markstrom and traded Demko for a 3rd if he could even manage that with the ED looming (Lack was .920ish sp goalie, a few years more experience, and that's about what we could hope for).   I disagree that it's about saving this season at this point, any trade should be about the future in mind - meaning no rentals, no trading prospects.    The team needs to work with what they have ....  at this point a pretty steep hill to climb... build some character at least.   

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Green's contract is up at the end of the season, but I'm not sure he makes it the rest of the season, otherwise Benning will just be shooting himself in the foot if they finish near last again. Who would coach though? Not going to be good if Newel Brown takes over as bench boss. I doubt Benning even has anyone other than Green in mind.  They're kind of in this together, maybe Benning pulls off a trade (I hope it wouldn't include our 1st in 2021, the Draft may be all we have to look forward to this year). If the D can be upgraded and get their s*** together, the season could be saved. 

Just let Smyl and Delorme mop up and let a new coach start fresh next season.