The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much would you pay to watch the Canucks play live at Rogers?

Rate this topic

Sedinyoureyesontheprize

Opinion poll  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lol!   
I cancelled my sportsnet now package a week ago, because this team has been playing with zero passion or effort (until last game apparently). 

So the answer is 0$.  Not worth the money. 

The tickets were already super overpriced as is.
No way in hell should they be higher.  

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Well this season I would be willing to walk down once the 1st period is underway and get a leftover ticket from scalpers for $20 just like I did in the Keenan/early Crawford years.

I wonder how much they could actually make if they were allowed 50 people at games when some restrictions loosen.  Do you think they could find 50 people who would pay $2,500 each for a ticket for the unique opportunity to be in an almost empty arena.

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well this season I would be willing to walk down once the 1st period is underway and get a leftover ticket from scalpers for $20 just like I did in the Keenan/early Crawford years.

I wonder how much they could actually make if they were allowed 50 people at games when some restrictions loosen.  Do you think they could find 50 people who would pay $2,500 each for a ticket for the unique opportunity to be in an almost empty arena.

Says a lot about the sad state of society today if they did

People on every corner with a hand out looking for a penny

The game of life needs a major rebuild

8 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Normal sell out is 18,000 and change, average seat maybe $150 , $2.7 million gate  .let’s say the social distancing sell out is 5-6000 . At $500 per ticket they would recoup the entire normal sellout. As unfair as that might sound , they would still sell out no problem.

But each person would have to consume three times as many hotdogs and beer to make up for the other revenue losses.  ::D

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Provost said:

It's not that unique.  I've been to a game in Arizona.  :)

As for the $20 tickets, one of my favourite memories was getting a lower bowl ticket at the old Pacific Mausoleum for $20 to see the Canucks play the Whalers.  6th row, in the corner.  It was a pretty good view of the ice and even though the Canucks lost, it was good times!  Being on the Island I don't get to many games, but this one always stood out for me.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

I have a lovely friend with season tickets who offers me one on a fairly regular basis but at ridiculously low prices.  I don't feel right about not paying face value so was finally in a place to insist on doing so.  Can't commit to a season...but definitely not a free loader who wants to take advantage of her generous nature.  Then I got canned at work, spent 6 months surviving on CERB and now work part time. at a different job (that will become full time post vaccination).

So games for me will be few and far between as I get back on my feet but I love going to them in person and will spend my last dollars doing so.  Beyond family, that is the best time of my life...when I'm there with that friend (& our other friends there) watching our team play.  Best times of my life away from family.  They've become my "hockey family".

I want to support the team as much as possible and don't equate "winning/losing" with ticket value.  There's much more to it than that for me....it's the overall experience, start to finish, that's worth its weight in gold to me.  And losing it during COVID really emphasizes how important spending this time with these friends is to me.  And how I miss them....and the entire experience of being there.   SUCKS  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1