The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

ED draft exposure 2021 games played requirement for forwards under contract for 2021-22.  Only Beagle and Roussel fit this bill for veteran bottom six forwards (well LE does too but he won’t likely get the games)

Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson all meet the requirement already 

1 minute ago, Nathancanuck said:

Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson all meet the requirement already 

Then it comes down to wanting bottom six guys for the PK, do like Big Macks game though, but AG and JV more likely to come out before AR especially with Motte in the infirmary 

40 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

These look like they were brought to us by the same Einstein's who thought primer was an actual paint color. No thanks

Those reverse retro are a hundred times nicer than the Canucks. Its not even close

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

That's very insightful.   It wasn't talked about much on the site - but it was the case.   For me at least he's a D that had size and another gear.   Seems like a great teammate - and for sure isn't a chump on either side of the puck.   Had the worst start since somebody points out - the limited coach 80's start Pride Hustle or whatever..: yet he's top 26th in scoring, plus minus zero - plays more minutes then anyone except Hughes who's only played this much because so often we are behind and trying to even it up etc - against top competition.   And on both special teams.   Just for a subtle reminder - when we were even better but still really bad a few years ago during the rebuild (which is still happening), Edler led the league in minus one year.    AND he's a coveted RHD.    Hamonic can't do what he can, neither can Chatfielfd.  One game of Rafferty - and look what Myers did as a rookie.   Hasn't stopped. 

Edit:  when is said even better - that's purely standings wise - we of course are much better as a team now then back then.   Edler bashers seem to be switching over to Myers which is also a subtle point.   

I honestly think most of the people who bash Myers are part of the anti-Benning crowd.

It seems any player over 25 that Benning signs or trades for is immediately slammed.

Myers, Miller, Sutter etc were met with fire Benning chants. 

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Care to explaine the games remaining part ?

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

A player needs either 27 games played this season or 54 games played over this and the past season to meet the requirements.

And be under contract for next season.

Every team needs to expose at least 2 forwards and 1 defensemen who meet the requirements. So the games remaining just means

how many games a player still needs to play to meet the requirement.

I'm not sure why Myers is getting criticism like he is. A lot of Canucks fans have said for a while the Canucks need to get bigger on D, and Myers is that, but he's also a pretty good skater for a big man, he can handle the puck pretty well. Maybe he's not as physical as some would like, but that's mainly to avoid penalties. He'd destroy opponents if he was allowed to. He even just body checks someone and occasionally gets a penalty, he gets called a lot. Can't be an easy game for him. 

Myers can play really well at times however his propensity to take bone-brained penalties at the worst times, pisses off a lot of fans. He was almost the king flub of last season's playoffs for that said quality. Regardless he is far from our worst defenseman. 

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Looks like they played with an extra 5-10% effort last night. Bugs me that they waited this long.

I think the Canucks need a new captain, Bo is inviable most of the time

Yah Bo was terrible last night, I hated all the defensive plays he made but I especially hated that freight train rush he made on the net in the 2nd period when he wide and almost scored. Like dude get more visible!

8 minutes ago, Nathancanuck said:

A player needs either 27 games played this season or 54 games played over this and the past season to meet the requirements.

And be under contract for next season.

Every team needs to expose at least 2 forwards and 1 defensemen who meet the requirements. So the games remaining just means

how many games a player still needs to play to meet the requirement.

Thanks and does it mean OJ is exempted ?

Game time !!!

Edited by ShawnAntoski