The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Marc Michaelis, assign Olli Juolevi to taxi squad

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I put everything on a hotdog. Horseradish, onions, pickled banana peppers/jalapeños, pickles(if available) Ketchup/mustard(or chilli instead if available). Special mustards are better. Sriracha is good too instead of ketchup. 

Pepper sauce if you want it real spicy. 

No relish though. Why have that when you can have a pickle or pickled something. 

Damn son. My combo is saurkraut, mayo, bbq sauce, onions and hot peppers...

Or just ketchup.  Since when was that a not normal thing?

5 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Or just ketchup.  Since when was that a not normal thing?

I love loading up my nachos, dogs and burgers/tacos(not as crazy though). I love cooking BBQ during the summer. My maple bacon ribs are the bomb. 

I always like to try different things out too and different styles(like a different cultural spin on the classics).

If any of you haven’t tried Japadog I suggest you do next time you’re in Richmond or Van.

Mucho Burrito is also a good place if you like loaded burritos. They give you a log of a burrito. 

Caribbean festival during the summer has some good food too and hopefully will come back when things look more normal. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Agreed. I can't eat fries without it, but anyone who places it on a hotdog should be rocketed into the sun.

I prefer gravy with my fries. Or yam fries with chipotle dip. 

garlic aioli is also good. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I love loading up my nachos, dogs and burgers/tacos(not as crazy though). I love cooking BBQ during the summer. My maple bacon ribs are the bomb. 

I always like to try different things out too and different styles(like a different cultural spin on the classics).

If any of you haven’t tried Japadog I suggest you do next time you’re in Richmond or Van.

Mucho Burrito is also a good place if you like loaded burritos. They give you a log of a burrito. 

Caribbean festival during the summer has some good food too and hopefully will come back when things look more normal. 

Japadog is tasty, but could literally make a bunch with some Japanese mayo and seaweed.  Worth for novelty

34 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Agreed. I can't eat fries without it, but anyone who places it on a hotdog should be rocketed into the sun.

OK is this actually a thing?  As a kid that used to be my only topping on a hot dog... I still have it out of nostalgia. Also ranch dressing on potatoes

48 minutes ago, Davathor said:

My favourite is a Mexican street hot dog, from vendors who only set up each evening in or near public squares in most Mexican towns. It goes like this: bacon-wrapped grilled wiener on a grill-toasted bun with mayonnaise (mayo is like ketchup in Mexico, they put it on everything), chopped onions, diced tomatoes, mustard and chopped pickled jalapeños. Ketchup is not normally available. The very best I ever had was at the edge of the main square in San Miguel de Allende. I close my eyes and still recall every detail. It was a religious experience.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

29 minutes ago, Davathor said:

OK is this actually a thing?  As a kid that used to be my only topping on a hot dog... I still have it out of nostalgia. Also ranch dressing on potatoes

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever been fired into the sun over it.   

The flavour is obviously a matter of preference, and I feel that it's too sweet and, well, tomato pasty for a hotdog. Don't get me wrong, I also put it on mac and cheese once and a while, and also into bbq sauces if I'm not doing vinegar based or Texas style, and I blasphemously put it on poutine dab by dab, but on a hotdog I prefer mustard and onions, that plus chili, or Chicago dogs.  

Chicago dogs are fantastic. Fantastic. 

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Green finalizes/handles the roster. This doesn't happen WITHOUT Green's approval.

Also Macewen is a forward.

And without Benning’s as he’s the one that makes roster transactions.

Of the non regulars Juolevi is the only one that is waiver free.

At morning skate Eriksson was in the lineup - if he was to play they must have already been thinking of sending someone down to create the roster spot and the cap space.  

Eriksson was sent to the taxi squad to activate Hamonic off LTIR and to create the roster spot.  CapFriendly showed 800K in remaining cap space after his demotion - insufficient to recall Eriksson without demoting someone (+ they would need a roster spot).

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Watch for Michaelis to be in the press box...

Typical Green.

YA!! typical Green!!! Screw that guy for just demoting Juolevi for no reason and having Michaelis in the box anyways!

He should be fired for that move... totally the last straw!

• Haha 1

My guess with Juolevi is that coaching and management want to achieve the following:

1) Let OJ go down the taxi squad and dominate with big minutes and big ice time.

2) In the big club, dress a more conservative "defensively defensive" core with both Benn and Hamonic in the line-up.

18 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

Thanks to @Rick Blight for posting this link . It explains why Joulevi and MacEwan will have to sit games in order to keep them ineligible for the expansion draft. 

Sorry, Toyota but that is not what I was trying to illustrate so I will try again

Every team must make at least one -dman available that meets the following requirements.

In addition, all NHL teams must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the draft:

* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons

The expansion draft simulator below shows Juolevi needs to play 12 more games this season to meet that requirement and not that he is ineligible to be selected if he plays less than that. As of this date, one of Myers or Schmidt must be exposed for the draft as they are the only 2 d-men that meet the minimum requirements.

Hope this helps.

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

The below is a list of players on the Canucks that are exempt from the draft. All players not on this list can be selected by Seattle if left unprotected.

EXEMPT AGE POS CAP HIT EXPIRY
Höglander, Nils 20 LW $891,667 RFA (2023)
Lockwood, William 22 RW $842,500 RFA (2022)
Focht, Carson 21 C $821,667 RFA (2023)
Michaelis, Marc 25 LW $700,000 RFA (2021)
Rathbone, Jack 21 LD $925,000 RFA (2022)
Hughes, Quinn 21 LD $916,667 RFA (2021)
Woo, Jett 20 RD $860,833 RFA (2023)
Eliot, Mitch 23 RD $822,500 RFA (2021)
Tryamkin, Nikita 26 LD $0 RFA (2017)
DiPietro, Michael 21 G $811,667 RFA (2022)
Silovs, Arturs 19 G $788,889 RFA (2023)
Kielly, Jake
Edited by Rick Blight
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

My guess with Juolevi is that coaching and management want to achieve the following:

1) Let OJ go down the taxi squad and dominate with big minutes and big ice time.

2) In the big club, dress a more conservative "defensively defensive" core with both Benn and Hamonic in the line-up.

Players on the taxi squad are with the team.  They are not playing games and can only practice.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1