The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Elias Pettersson asked for a trade?

Rate this topic

AV.

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I've been reviewing some of the highlights from our miniseries against Winnipeg and I've struggled to pinpoint the moment where Elias Pettersson may have hurt himself.  I don't doubt the possibility of injury but I do question the genuineness and the severity of this knock.  This leads me to ask this question:  Has Elias Pettersson asked for a trade?

giphy (5).gif

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Secondly I would like to mention that I watched Travis Green postgame presser with the postmedia. Someone from postmedia asked Travis about Pettersson's absence. Travis response was basically: injured, upper body, day to day. There is absolutely no reason why Travis should lie.

@Mods: Can we please close this thread? Thanks.

lol.  So you want your post with your expert analysis that Travis would never lie, to be the last thing people read in the thread.  Case closed.  :lol:

8 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

whatever the case, we won’t know for sure until petey comes back

Do you think, Wolfgang, that lawyers, politicians, and GMs never lie either?  Frankly I'm sick of hearing "day to day" if it turns out to be BS.  Not only with Petey but other players as well.  That's what Green said last Thursday. Then repeated it on Saturday and then again on Monday.  Now its "at least" another week.  They do this often to the fans, and I don't see the reason. Does he think he will get some kind of significant advantage over other teams if they are fooled into thinking Petey will be back sooner rather than later? 

• RoughGame 1

20 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Source?

You - asking for a source.

The ironing is delicious.

Hiring] Flyers hire Alain Vigneault as Head Coach - Page 2 - General Hockey  Discussion - Canucks Community

Btw - a "source"....right up there down there with yours.

the idea - laughably - actually gained some traction among the usual suspects - and was mocked by Iain MacIntryre - and even a few smarmy guys - during an intermission segment.

but credibility is not really a concern, is it.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zigmund.Palffy said:

Petey asking for a trade after seeing this..

Tyler Myers - 6M
Loui Eriksson - 6M
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M
Jordie Benn - 2M
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

Should be reason enough for him to stay... GMJB will definitely pay him well, lol.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Have you been to a doctor to have your memory checked? Because what you are remembering never actually happened.

epic fail on your part.

you might want to execute your own advice.

Edited by oldnews

4 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Should be reason enough for him to stay... GMJB will definitely pay him well, lol.  

No kidding.  Overpaying is JB's inclination.  He'll probably offer him 12 mill!

(Just participating in one of the most absurd OP threads this season).

• Haha 1

Just now, Patrick Kane said:

My guy, why are you so fired up? You're acting like someone personally insulted your son or something. :mellow:

on the contrary. 

I get a good laugh out of this stuff.  Doesn't raise my heartrate a beat. 

And have seen it a million times.

But you are correct in a sense - there's not much point in 'reasoning' with it.  W.O.T.

Edited by oldnews

1 minute ago, Patrick Kane said:

You've made like 7 posts already here, I genuinely appreciate you as a poster, but concerned about how offended you seemed about a random post on a forum. Hope all is well.

ok thanks.

but you're misreading "offended" into it. 

Edited by oldnews