The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | March 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, CBC, NHLN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, oldnews said:

save it for your Existentialism 100 term paper.

Surprised you had time to find and downvote all my posts in this thread with how busy you are incorrectly using D-zone starts as an argument in every post you make.

Go Canucks :towel:

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sutter was unreal last night.

Draivid had 72.7% ozone starts - 16 of them - and produced nothing 5 on 5.

Aside from one rush where Draisaitl beat Sutter (it's gonna happen when you face players like that as often as he did) - I thought they did a great job of keeping that line out of the grade A areas.

I thought Virtanen got a few nice licks in on McDavid as well (tied Edler with the team lead with 4 hits).

Mcdavids face is priceless. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Surprised you had time to find and downvote all my posts in this thread with how busy you are incorrectly using D-zone starts as an argument in every post you make.

one post was "all your posts in this thread?"   no wonder it was more enjoyable than normal lol.

you have no idea what you're talking about where zone starts are concerned - but kudos on the one-liner.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Well said

You must be Mike Gillis or just have something personal against JB ?

Only thing I have against JB is the terrible job he’s done managing this club. 
7 seasons of cap out crap team that If the goaltender doesn’t win it we lose. 
but hey if you want to buy his sad sap excuses and piss poor sales pitch of false hope that cool.

maybe take some time and re read his quotes from 5-7 years ago. It’s laughable.
if he was managing any other team the same people pumping his tires would be laughing at what a miserable failure he is. 
But atleast he thinks we’ll be good in 2 years. But only if he isn’t here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I liked Juice’s comments about putting the body on McD. From his lips to Sutter’s ears was gold.

The way the league is run (how they allow it) you really have no choice.

We saw the same thing when the Sedins were in their prime and pretty much all over the league with other star players.

Bump, hack, slash, push, grab as much as you can because it's the only way to contain him and the refs aren't going to call or see everything lol.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Mcdavids face is priceless. 

does nothing but lobby for powerplays every time he's touched.  it's pathetic / not a good look.  It works though - that Barrie head snap got them what they needed - they just failed to convert.

they should make him go back and play a few games in the 80s - vs the clutch and grab and hack and whack Calgary Flames....that oughta shut him up.

#McEntitled.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

13 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

catch up with the actual conversation before you go off 

I know you constantly complain about officiating but i am not going to be a homer and deny that was not a legit call on Pearson 

I fire people like you all the time.

Nothing can be done with an attitude like yours.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sutter was unreal last night.

Draivid had 72.7% ozone starts - 16 of them - and produced nothing 5 on 5.

Aside from one rush where Draisaitl beat Sutter (it's gonna happen when you face players like that as often as he did) - I thought they did a great job of keeping that line out of the grade A areas.

I thought Virtanen got a few nice licks in on McDavid as well (tied Edler with the team lead with 4 hits).

Virtanen played a pretty good game.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I liked Juice’s comments about putting the body on McD. From his lips to Sutter’s ears was gold.

131F233D-A002-4AB2-8017-1F6523192D84.jpeg

Sutter is a very strong man, carrying McDavid like this as McDavid latches on. 

I bet McDavid is really good at pole dancing.

What an acrobat.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

You must be Mike Gillis or just have something personal against JB ?

Mr Sunshine sees what he wants to see.

The team climbed back to even in shots with the Coil - until the last few minutes, powerplay assisted and with an empty net....

But he saw it as an otherwise 'blowout' lol.

He was raving about the 4th line generating scoring chances in the absence of Beagle (hates Beagle)....

But Gaudette didn't have a single shot attempt all game, nor did Mac - and LE had only one.

No one could accuse this guy of letting the facts/reality get in the way of a story, though.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Virtanen played a pretty good game.

Yes.

Continues to lead the team = 1.0 on ice goals against per 60 minutes at even strength.  That might actually be the lowest in the NHL (with 36.5% ozone starts).

And on ice sv% = .969

Lead the team in hits last night with 4 (3rd on the season).

3 consecutive games hitting the post - still a bit snakebitten (although last night's was off his skate lol).

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Viper007 said:

Maybe it's because they're in an enclosed room.  As opposed to on the rink its open quite a bit more.  I dunno *shrugs*

Yeah it's not like Rogers is all closed in like some nuclear bunker they have open concourses available and even on the ice they could do interviews.

12 hours ago, Violator said:

Still don't understand that they sit pretty much beside each other on the bench bit have to sit six feet apart during an interview

just to minimize proximity wherever possible - and send the message / optics (which are probably also worthwhile).