The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | March 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, CBC, NHLN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

19 minutes ago, apollo said:

So proud of the boys... 

4-1 now without our franchise center... 

Calder Myers rising big time last night. 

Jim has spoiled us far too much. Long live the great Jim Benning! 

Where the trolls at btw? Omaageeueuurdd Benning didn't give Marky 6x6?! What a bum! Ooohhnmmhhgueeerdd :lol:

Lol 

the only reason it wasn’t a blow out again is the goaltender. What a great “plan” 

So better not extend the leagues best goalie coach.

It’ll be good when the worst gm in franchise history is fired.

BDF156D7-FA25-488D-978A-A7CF39B745B4.jpeg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bell said:

Great win boys,  I am really not sure how the mosh pit goal was allowed.  We will take and move on.  Lets fkn go 

The puck was loose and bouncing around that mess like a pinball.  You could see it in the overhead shot

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Horvat had the greasiest Canucks goal I’ve seen in a while  tonight.

This is Key, too bad it took Petey getting injured before we started utilizing this strategy in our game. It doesn't have to be pretty to be successful. I even seen a little grit in our game, which is good to see also. 

13 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Did the say he wasn’t going to be extended?

Right because waiting till the last minute is JBs way of doing things .

can’t wait for the excuse” we ran out of time”

It’s worked out so well hasn’t it. 

Why wouldn’t he be extended by now 

he’s done a terrific job. 

the sooner Jim gone the better off this team will be. 
the next gm will have a mess to clean up.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

10 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

I’m all for putting Petey on the third line when he comes back, reunite him for some PP’s. Miller is good at centre, I’m sure wingers will move around, but we have a lot of centremen 

I agree, I am all about balanced lines and a balanced attack. Stick to Stacking the lines on the PP and spread them out 5 on 5. 

9 hours ago, Viper007 said:

Everybody wants to play every game.  It's in their DNA.  If you asked players if they can stay on the ice for all 60 minutes, I'm sure all of em would say yes.  But it's not smart to do that, just like your suggestion of making Demko play every game.  I'm sure this upcoming back to back you want Demko to play both of those games too.  

Orr did it..........

Orr played all sixty minutes of the game, minus two minutes spent in the penalty box, and already displayed an ability to control the puck and the game that he would later be notable for in his professional career. At the age of fourteen the Boston Bruins signed Orr into their organization for $2,800.

10 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I confess.....at first, I was so critical of Myers but I eat my words.  He had a great night and I've seen how important he is to this team lately.   Has the occasional deer in headlights moments, but overall he's solid for us.  Benn too....lately they've really been assets not liabilities.

Games like this is a perfect example where you need Dmen like these guys. Loved Stech but  Dmen need to have some size to be effective against the likes of McDavid. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

He didn't say anything but Kevin Woodley said that Ian clarkes likely leaving the team if he still hasn't signed.

Woodley didn't base that on anything he's heard recently, just previous experience with Ian Clarke and contract negotiations.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ian Clarke walk.  Wouldn't blame him either.  Arguably in the top 2 of goalie coaches in the league?  You give that man some stability. 

Wouldn't blame Green if he walked either.  Don't want to give him an extension after a good playoff run?  I guess he's earned the right to see what the open market will offer then.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Games like this is a perfect example where you need Dmen like these guys. Loved Stech but  Dmen need to have some size to be effective against the likes of McDavid. 

Loved Stetcher too, but people often forget he was also one of the more protected defensemen.  Sure he had the battle of 1.5 players, but you can only pay protected defensemen with limited size and offense so much.

Edited by Wilbur
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, FaninMex said:

JV - Horvat - Pearson what a line against Mc n Drai.

JV on the PK might be interesting.

Game within the game. The Horvat line was huge. Pearson and Virtanen had solid games. I think Jake has to be more of a trigger man as his shot is superior. I think he looks for the play to much. His corner work is superior. How many times did he set up point shots. Pearson has a history of ppg droughts and he cannot buy a goal. If he and Virt broke out the Canucks would be a different team.

No way I can agree with a #1 PP playing an entire 2 minutes. IMO it cannot be justified as it erodes team unity. This is not a serious playoff team and sacrificing the #2 PP is very bad development. 

Demko won the game and was the d-side anchor. Elder and Meyers stood out. All the anti Meyers stuff is ???? Even with Hughes ppg I think Meyers has been the all around best d-man. Benn played better but he should still rotate with OJ. I expect him gone by the TDL. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, combover said:

Right because waiting till the last minute is JBs way of doing things .

can’t wait for the excuse” we ran out of time”

It’s worked out so well hasn’t it. 

Why wouldn’t he be extended by now 

he’s done a terrific job. 

the sooner Jim gone the better off this team will be. 
the next gm will have a mess to clean up.

The next GM - If there is one will have nothing to clean-up. In fact he would be laughing. Excellent young core. Big contracts coming off the books. Reaping the awards of expiring contract and a beauty line of young players 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1