The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Nhl reffs are rigged... now peel is fired they nhl should.  Fire all nhl refs and start from scratch. Conspiracy theory is in effect with weighted draft balls to seeing eye pucks.. wtf nhl is a beer league.  But the beer league is reffed much better.....what a shame 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-says-referee-tim-peel-will-no-longer-work-games-hot-mic-incident/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

If and when you get a bit older, you will find that doctors do not have a Star Trek style scanner that instantly, precisely and accurately diagnoses any and all ailments.

You will find that some issues are very difficult and time consuming to pinpoint precisely, let alone provide a timeline for recovery.

Also gotta factor in that the players probably have a lot of say. It’s their bodies they know best about how they feel when it comes to being ready to play. I know a lot of guys who even while injured would much rather be playing than instead of sitting on the sidelines and watch their team take a beating when they know they can help. It’s safe to say that the medical staff definitely knows what they’re doing. Only the Ferland one is iffy because tbh I don’t think he should’ve even tried playing again at least not at the time he did, but obviously thought went into those decisions by the medical staff and ferland himself. 

Positive take before tonight's game.  I was just reading about the new tv show on Chek starting April 5 10 am to 12 Monday to Friday with Donnie Taylor and Rick Dahliwahl.

Locally owned and produced about the Canucks and BC sports without any Toronto influence.  Thank God!

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Nhl reffs are rigged... now peel is fired they nhl should.  Fire all nhl refs and start from scratch. Conspiracy theory is in effect with weighted draft balls to seeing eye pucks.. wtf nhl is a beer league.  But the beer league is reffed much better.....what a shame 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-says-referee-tim-peel-will-no-longer-work-games-hot-mic-incident/

The problem and solution is right before our very eyes.

The second ref on the ice has added nothing to the game but more error.

And error by its very nature is cumulative.

Taking a ref off the ice, and putting them in a veto position with the use of instant replay would instantly clean up the game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

He's our 18th forward behind Boyd, Juolevi, Chatfield, Rafferty, Sautner, Dipietro...

Thankfully looks like Bo and Sutter are in the lineup today, so we don't have to suffer with 5 key guys missing!

C’mon this is a big game. We need someone to take care of all the details. All these rooks make me nervous.

:bigblush:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, the Montreal series, cemented there status as game managers (imo) cause I ve live in other countries were games are openly being fixed & managed and (like you imply) the officiating in that series was atrocious.  Even the post game highlights was giving them cover: no mention or highlight of the obvious interference that cause the Anderson breakaway in OT.

Corruption in the Province of Quebec.?

Impossible! B)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Positive take before tonight's game.  I was just reading about the new tv show on Chek starting April 5 10 am to 12 Monday to Friday with Donnie Taylor and Rick Dahliwahl.

Locally owned and produced about the Canucks and BC sports without any Toronto influence.  Thank God!

They'll still scrape the bottom of the barrel for those juicy clicks.

How old are you six?

I just tried to post something I think is really positive about our market getting a locally produced tv show that is not owned and controlled by Toronto.  I take that as fantastic news.

All I ask is that you chill out and don't hack on it.

Thanks partner.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, xereau said:

The problem and solution is right before our very eyes.

The second ref on the ice has added nothing to the game but more error.

And error by its very nature is cumulative.

Taking a ref off the ice, and putting them in a veto position with the use of instant replay would instantly clean up the game.

Yup. Initially this 2 ref system was an attempt for less bias but the reality is we now get 2x the bias. And the refs showing an obligation to each other over their obligation to the fidelity of the game. And no accountability for bad and wrong calls. I agree take one off and put him in the booth to watch for obvious errors and missed calls. Esp dives and embellishments. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There is no Canucks hockey after this one for a while. Enjoy it tonight, folks.

Lets go into the break with a W and then sit back and do some scoreboard watching.

Will be good to see what some rest and some practice time does for them.