The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

50 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Chris Schlenker #3
CS03.jpg
Graham Skilliter #24
GS24.jpg
Games ’20-21 28 28
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 64 / 0 63 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 203 / 0 493 / 0
First NHL Game 10/24/16 1/28/13
Birthplace Medicine Hat, AB La Ronge, SK

LINESMEN

Kiel Murchison #79
KM79.jpg
Steve Barton #59
SB59.jpg
Games ’20-21 30 29
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 64 / 17 63 / 18
Career Games (Reg/PO) 569 / 34 1297 / 107
First NHL Game 1/21/13 11/1/00
Birthplace Cloverdale, BC Vankleek Hill, ON

nice mix: the refs are from four different provinces, Alberta, Sasketchewan, Ontario and British Columbia. I am pretty sure they will pull off some magic tonight together. ::D

2 hours ago, stawns said:

on any given shft there are probably 5-10 infractions.  You want every one of them called?

1 hour ago, stawns said:

you're asking human beings to not be human beings.  

Actually, what we want is for professionals to be honest, competent, consistent, and to take responsibility for their actions. Not a viewpoint that you seem to share.

I must have missed the post that you were evidently responding to where someone apparently suggested that the game be stopped for every single tiny infraction. Maybe you could quote that post?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Wolfgang Durst said:

I am wondering why the folks from Post Media (Kuzma, Daniel Wagner, Ian Mc Intyre, Jeff Paterson, Thomas Drance) haven't asked Travis about Juolevi .... Kind of strange...

Excuse me who is this Juolevi you speak of? 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Olli Juolevi, Micheal Ferland, and more recently, Elias Pettersson, would all disagree.

Hope this helps.

43 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I appreciate and admire Bo Horvat for wanting to play through his injuries, but somebody on the medical team/coaching staff/management team should be shutting him down, or at the very least, do what Nashville did with their captain and give him a few weeks off to recover.

As much as some may hate to admit it, the chances of making playoffs have been over for quite some time now.  No point in letting Horvat play through pain and risk the chance of further aggravating his injury when nothing but pride and a slim mathematical chance are at stake.

Bro, the world is ending. I'm with u! Everyone run!  I repeat... THE WORLD IS ENDING!

... Soft shot from edler on heavily padded pro stock skates... Player himself feels fine and skated... BUT WAIT... We've got developments from coach that Bo Horvat might never walk again. 

This franchise is over! Shut down the team! THE SKY IS FALLING! 

Confirmed The captain will never walk again! It's time we become Phlegmz fans. 

Jokes aside, do u pound alarm bells in your own life non stop as well? Or just doing it to troll Canucks nation only? 

What do u do if your wife over toasts your bread? 

"toast burnt this morning... I NEED A Divorce!" 

Anyways nothing against u coach but I hope you can ditch the sky is falling mentality 

Edit: again no disrespect, you're name after one of the most iconic coaches in hockey, but come on... 

Edited by apollo

14 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Olli Juolevi, Micheal Ferland, and more recently, Elias Pettersson, would all disagree.

Hope this helps.

If and when you get a bit older, you will find that doctors do not have a Star Trek style scanner that instantly, precisely and accurately diagnoses any and all ailments.

You will find that some issues are very difficult and time consuming to pinpoint precisely, let alone provide a timeline for recovery.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

You've got a point but I don't think it's really all that different given its 2021 and we have the technology for rapid tests... 

We have instant testing that was invented by a great Canadian company... yet the nhl is choosing the slower method. 

Send armia and jesperi to quarantine. Test everyone else. If they got enough guys testing negative then play them. Use your extra players. 

All I can say is bergevin is smart for lobbying for this. His team is 80% less banged up than the Canucks but he still wants to delay until they %100. 

He saw an opportunity and took it. 

It can take up to 4 days to detect the virus.  The players are contagious during that time.  Rapid testing is not as reliable.  The NHL is trying to prevent an outbreak like the ones experienced by the Wild and NJD.  They had to make adjustments during the season as they learned more on the virus.  They suspect on ice transmission which was initially believed to be unlikely when the season started.  The virus lingers in the cold.

Once the risk was eliminated teams returned to play.  The Wild played while missing 9 lineup regulars.  They didn’t get any extra time to get everyone back.  Their situation on D was particularly ridiculous where they had only 2 roster Ds.  They had to dress their D8 to D11 and didn’t even have their starting goalie.

Training facilities are closed during that time.  Montreal players are not going to be able to practice.  It’s not really an advantage for players to be sitting at home for that long right in the middle of the season.  Their schedule is going to be packed to finish the season.

Edited by mll

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Bro, the world is ending. I'm with u! Everyone run!  I repeat... THE WORLD IS ENDING!

... Soft shot from edler on heavily padded pro stock skates... Player himself feels fine and skated... BUT WAIT... We've got developments from coach that Bo Horvat might never walk again. 

This franchise is over! Shut down the team! THE SKY IS FALLING! 

Confirmed The captain will never walk again! It's time we become Phlegmz fans. 

Jokes aside, do u pound alarm bells in your own life non stop as well? Or just doing it to troll Canucks nation only? 

What do u do if your wife over toasts your bread? 

"toast burnt this morning... I NEED A Divorce!" 

Anyways nothing against u coach but I hope you can ditch the sky is falling mentality 

I appreciate the comedy but you know as well as I do that it's foolish to make him play if he's not 100%. 

In a playoff series?  You bet. 

In a very close playoff race?  Sure, let him play. 

In a season like this one?  Nah, not worth it.

We have to think about the future here, Apollo.

4 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

If and when you get a bit older, you will find that doctors do not have a Star Trek style scanner that instantly, precisely and accurately diagnoses any and all ailments.

You will find that some issues are very difficult and time consuming to pinpoint precisely, let alone provide a timeline for recovery.

That's cute and all, but my point still stands.  This medical team isn't always 100% with their diagnoses.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

If we lose this game ... this board might  become insufferable.   2/3 wins until the seasons over is what it's likely going to take .. means we have to win the next two.   All the way until the end need two wins out of three ...Losing two ... means we need to win the next four...losing three means we need to win the next six.  

This team is an adventure to say the least and has been since JB pulled the trigger and brought in Miller and Myers...and of course QHs started.   This year Hogs won a spot and won't take a game off to keep it.    OJ..there is more going on there then we know about.  ED strategy?  Maybe he's injured.   And it's connected, who knows.   

Somehow without EP, the team went on a 8-2-1 record in March or so (now 8-3-1)....  waiting for the other shoe to drop is part of being a Canuck, and old lesson that's hammered us over an over again.

Not sure what to really think of this season overall, but like last one it's a mystery or maybe something worse... but giving they are not giving up on each other why the f!ck should we give up on them?  Sorry for the strong language.  !!!! Respecting the forums rules but where's the respect for the players gutting it out for our us?   i that i'm not too happy about some folks ideas about what being a fan is all about.  Dissing the players and teammates.   Come on.   Or the coaches even if they may or may not be up to snuff.   Not saying we all need to love or like whatever they do.  But this is a FAN forum and think that some need to look into what that definition means - and look into the mirror and maybe think on that for a little while.    A lot of pretenders.   Hiding behind " the highest standards no matter how unreasonable that is ".....  Remember last year when Bobby Ryan, OTT LE anchor, came back and scored a hat-trick?   Sure different circumstances but wow they don't treat him with what LE has had to put up with this sometimes insufferable fan base.   

Point is - why not just freaking enjoy the process?   It is that after all, just a process. 

Don't get your hopes up because your gonna have a hard fall.  We currently have a 6% chance of making the playoffs.  In other words, golf seasons just around the corner, so enjoy the games for what they offer.  We're still 2 years from possibly being in a real contending position.

20 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah man, it's tough. Drs rely on a patient's perceived pain to get enough understanding of what's going on to order the correct tests. It can take a while to break through to team-first guys that they need to be honest about it. You usually get 'yeah it hurts a bit, but not that bad' because they think that admitting it hurts means they aren't tough or they'll let their team down.

15 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Don't get your hopes up because your gonna have a hard fall.  We currently have a 6% chance of making the playoffs.  In other words, golf seasons just around the corner, so enjoy the games for what they offer.  We're still 2 years from possibly being in a real contending position.

I have hopes. 6% is a chance. And I’m going to enjoy the games till the end as well. Not as fun otherwise 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Not going to happen unless we get at least one solid shutdown D.  Schmidt is more of an all-around defenseman (and he'll be 31 in two years - same age as Hamhuis when Benning got hired).  I think a more realistic target is a playoff team (just not a real Cup contending one) in 2 years.

• Like 2