The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler To Have Hearing Today [Update: Suspended 2 games]

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Oh well.  Guess Myers is playing 26 plus minutes again tomorrow, and at least Edler won't be there for any retaliatory plays.   That said play McEwen just to keep it honest.   

yeah hoping schmidts ready to come back

• Vintage 1

You guys remember the Kadri knee on Ovi in the playoffs a few years ago?  Yah that got two minutes and that's it and Kadri specifically stuck out his leg a huge amount.  Like what the &^@#...McDavid gets a fine for assault, meanwhile Edler gets two games for this...

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

You guys remember the Kadri knee on Ovi in the playoffs a few years ago?  Yah that got two minutes and that's it and Kadri specifically stuck out his leg a huge amount.  Like what the &^@#...McDavid gets a fine for assault, meanwhile Edler gets two games for this...

Yep the DOPs is rindiculous 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

TBH, I'm surprised there's this much debate....

As someone who has played over 1000 games, I can tell you it's instinctive. You have a guy lined up and he sidesteps your hit.....Eddy obviously stuck out the leg.....

And please....can we get over this "Because he's a Canuck" and "Because Hyman is a Leaf" garbage? Two games is exactly what Edler deserves.

If you want to know why the rest of the league hates Canuck fans, that's your answer....<_<

really cause fans of every team act the same!!! 

13 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

These rules are the in place to protect both players. Eddy was tired and got a little careless. There is no conspiracy here. I think it’s a surprisingly fair punishment to be honest. 

Should be enough to placate the Leafs and shouldn’t hurt the Canucks overly much.

Just now, bbllpp said:

The players not the fans lol, lost cause there

the Leaves don't really have a physical threat, at least not one we can't match. Our guys have a better chance of getting injured stepping on a puck tomorrow. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the Leaves don't really have a physical threat, at least not one we can't match. Our guys have a better chance of getting injured stepping on a puck tomorrow. 

simmonds and muzzin, who else do they have.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

And get called for 2  and 10 for unsportsmanlike conduct as a result of undue treatment of NHL property 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

TBH, I'm surprised there's this much debate....

As someone who has played over 1000 games, I can tell you it's instinctive. You have a guy lined up and he sidesteps your hit.....Eddy obviously stuck out the leg.....

And please....can we get over this "Because he's a Canuck" and "Because Hyman is a Leaf" garbage? Two games is exactly what Edler deserves.

If you want to know why the rest of the league hates Canuck fans, that's your answer....<_<

Logged in just to up-vote this post. 

6 pages in, was the first post seemingly written by someone who saw it like I did and I didn’t need to see a replay because I’ve done it, it was done to me, etc.  

Was it dirty? 
Well it sure as puck wasn’t clean or sportsmanlike.

Was it intentional? 
Absolutely, he meant to knee a guy, not maliciously, but he did exactly what wrecks careers. 

Edler has a reputation for questionable hits.  I just wish he had the reputation of backing them up in a scrum too.  I also wish he’d hit harder and more often.  And I wish we had a whole Dcore doing the same. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Logged in just to up-vote this post. 

6 pages in, was the first post seemingly written by someone who saw it like I did and I didn’t need to see a replay because I’ve done it, it was done to me, etc.  

Was it dirty? 
Well it sure as puck wasn’t clean or sportsmanlike.

Was it intentional? 
Absolutely, he meant to knee a guy, not maliciously, but he did exactly what wrecks careers. 

Edler has a reputation for questionable hits.  I just wish he had the reputation of backing them up in a #crum too.  I ask so wish he’d hit harder and more often.  And I wish we had a whole Dcore doing the same. 

I like to think that the majority are actually fine with it but would like to see DOPS be consistent and not look the other way for certain players...

I actually used to support players having to be suspended for the same number of games the other player is injured for but then that would just result in abuse of the system and there should be a difference considering intent and malice 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Canucklehead53 said:

I like to think that the majority are actually fine with it but would like to see DOPS be consistent and not look the other way for certain players...

I actually used to support players having to be suspended for the same number of games the other player is injured for but then that would just result in abuse of the system and there should be a difference considering intent and malice 

Absolutely agree - DOPS has zero credibility in my books. Then again look who they have employed - Pronger, Shanahan etc. I have long advocated for players who actually played within the rules to be in charge - guys like Bossy, Kurri etc. but that's just me.

Zero issue with the suspension and Edler has been known to do this but its more of being out of position and trying to slow down an opponent versus malicious intent aka intent to injure. Its not like he deliberately stomps on guy's legs or crosschecks them in the teeth and they have to have surgery to remove the hockey tape from their gums.

Little bit of perspective here folks that's all.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2