The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Heaven forbid anybody get hurt in a violent contact sport because in your world that seems to be the objective. Go have fun kids and make sure you don’t get hurt now

i can tell you have never stepped on the ice at a remotely competitive level

stick to watching curling and leave the hockey talk to hockey people 

You make yourself sound so immature with each and every comment you post. But, I'll bite, give me your career line, my coffee needs a chaser.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm going to keep this for later.....

If the Leafs are going in with a "pre season vibe" they'll do what they always do...fall flat on their faces.

I just want a good draft pick would be more happy with losses going forward 

I get the jealousy hate of the Leafs but the fact is they are better than us at every level from management on down 

They can beat us down on any night they chose to

last game they proved they can pick a player and pound him without consequences and the worst that happens is snowflake fans blame the refs for not protecting us

until our wimp culture changes and we chose to not play like 90 pound weaklings nothing will change

we are the kids that get sand kicked in their face on the beach and then go hone and blame the lifeguard

• RoughGame 1

Just now, johngould21 said:

You make yourself sound so immature with each and every comment you post. But, I'll bite, give me your career line, my coffee needs a chaser.

For me, it's about overkill.   The 3-4 posts in a row when he gets heated.

It's also so condescending that it weakens any real content by being insulting and, therefore, ignored.  

Present something more than this to be taken seriously.   Also...every question I've asked has been ignored so that speaks volumes for me.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Tired of couch potato pacifists 

i have played since i was 3 and made it Junior B 

you? 

just a coffee addict?

5 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Draft picks are as much a dice roll as playoff chances.

I don't want a team that starts to implode because they're losing...it's more fun for them to win and they bond, gain confidence and are more inspired.  That matters to me.

The guys here,  in place now....not the ones we hope for who may or may not pan out.  We want these guys to build some momentum rather than be deflated and question themselves.  It changes how players play...especially the young hopefuls who may start to overthink the game.

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Tired of couch potato pacifists 

i have played since i was 3 and made it Junior B 

you? 

just a coffee addict?

That's not the NHL.  It's a different deal.   Plus, I don't believe everything I read on here.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Is our calibre of coaching nhl level?

sub 500 suggests no 

Apply for the job then.  With your wealth of knowledge and experience.  It's overkill now...we get it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

I might agree in a normal draft year when there is a clear separation of talent at the high end of the draft….but this year this is not the case. Top 10 players are fairly comparable from what I’m hearing.

Just watch though, we will lose pretty much every game from here on out, put ourselves in position for a bottom 5 finish and we win the lottery or at least a top 3 pick…and this is the one year there isn’t an elite talent available. This is known as Canuck Luck kids.

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Heaven forbid anybody get hurt in a violent contact sport because in your world that seems to be the objective. Go have fun kids and make sure you don’t get hurt now

i can tell you have never stepped on the ice at a remotely competitive level

stick to watching curling and leave the hockey talk to hockey people 

i played football for ten years, thank you very much. played in bcplace stadium twice on championship langley team in the vancouver midget league. i also was a high school wrestler and general "punk" in school defending people from the bullies.

fighting is not a glamorized thing in the nhl any more. parents don't want thier kids brain damaged or want to prove thier worth by how much pain they can dish/take. there is no coincidence that the overwhelming majority of troubled hockey players are fighters.

kids don't get into hockey to be donald brashear or tie domi.

do you have some sort of blood lust?

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Thats a fair point. Also why didnt he go after Marchand.

Even now that Chara and Lucic are long gone, guys still dont take liberties with the rat. Very strange to me. I can't believe nobody has tuned him in yet for all of his cheapshots and antics, like licking Callahan. That low hit on Salo was particularly infuriating. 

For all of his toughness, Bieksa was also one to pick his spots. He was very quiet in that sense against the Bruins and I am a big fan of Bieksa, one of my fav Cancuks of all time but we really had no one else on our rosters that could keep the opposition accountable during his time in Van.

14 hours ago, mll said:

Bieksa says MacIntyre doesn’t understand the code.

Bieksa is from the post-enforcer era himself.

I love the guy - but he's overcompensating here imo.

The "code" is overblown - and it's misrepresented here.

If you threw a hit that your opponents did not like, and you were a known non-pugilist, or a lightweight, or even a 'rat' - you did not wind up answering/having to drop your gloves with one of your opponents 'enforcers' - what happened was one team would roll out their enforcer, the other team would roll out theirs - the two heavies would square off - and allegedly 'justice' was served.

This is a new age mutation of the alleged "code".  No self-respecting enforcer would ever have challenged Alex Edler to a fight.  Never.  Would. Have. Happened.  And if they had, at most they'd have gotten in his face - and Edler's enforcer team-mate would have stepped in.

You never ever saw an enforcer dropping the gloves with lightweights, rats, or guys that never fought.  Period.

This has nothing whatsover to do with "the code".  

What Simmonds did was not 'old school' - it was ignorant, and inappropriate.  The attempts to apologize for it as if it's "code" - are contrived.  The modern "code" would be Hyman standing up for himself the next time he's able. 

The irony here is that when Matt Martin jumped Stecher - Miller jumped in to protect him - the league then went full ballbuster warning Gudbranson, attempting to pre-empt any 'code justice'.   

In this instance - Simmonds didn't even get an instigator.

What you have never seen is a Gudbranson pounding on a Kadri for his chickencrap hit on Sedin.  That never happens/not 'code'.

Edited by oldnews
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

i played football for ten years, thank you very much. played in bcplace stadium twice on championship langley team in the vancouver midget league. i also was a high school wrestler and general "punk" in school defending people from the bullies.

fighting is not a glamorized thing in the nhl any more. parents don't want thier kids brain damaged or want to prove thier worth by how much pain they can dish/take. there is no coincidence that the overwhelming majority of troubled hockey players are fighters.

kids don't get into hockey to be donald brashear or tie domi.

do you have some sort of blood lust?

I too played junior football

wonder if we bashed heads?

Just now, KirkSave said:

Even now that Chara and Lucic are long gone, guys still dont take liberties with the rat. Very strange to me. I can't believe nobody has tuned him in yet for all of his cheapshots and antics, like licking Callahan. That low hit on Salo was particularly infuriating. 

For all of his toughness, Bieksa was also one to pick his spots. He was very quiet in that sense against the Bruins and I am a big fan of Bieksa, one of my fav Cancuks of all time but we really had no one else on our rosters that could keep the opposition accountable during his time in Van.

This is all true. Bieksa did pick his spots. And it amazes me no one has $&!# kicked Marchand.

I was honestly pretty disappointed with MacEwen last game.  
He could’ve challenged Simmonds and it would’ve been done.