The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Way to give up bandwagoner!

Canucks just need the Habs to go 2-5 in their final 7 and and they need to go 8-3-1.

Totally achievable! 

would be pretty cool if we did but i aint counting on it.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thank you Kevin.

You take your licks. 

So they should ask Bieksa if he thinks a tougher canuck (if there is one lol) should be able to tune Lillegren next game with no instigator or repurcussions for knocking out Motte on a CLEARLY intentional cheap shot. 

As far as I know that happened after the Edler fight so clearly Bieksa might be a bit wrong in saying Toronto considered it squared up and did not go after a Canuck player with an intent to injure him.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So they should ask Bieksa if he thinks a tougher canuck (if there is one lol) should be able to tune Lillegren next game with no instigator or repurcussions for knocking out Motte on a CLEARLY intentional cheap shot. 

As far as I know that happened after the Edler fight so clearly Bieksa might be a bit wrong in saying Toronto considered it squared up and did not go after a Canuck player with an intent to injure him.

I'm not sure what you are asking me.

Should they ask Kevin ..if he thinks a tougher canuck (if there is one lol) should be able to tune Lillegren next game with no instigator or repurcussions for knocking out Motte on a CLEARLY intentional cheap shot. 

They could ask Kevin I guess. I don't know how he could ask for no instigator vs the team from the centre of the universe but it would be nice. 

My opinion is that I have seen dudes tuned for clean hard hits, never mind dicey ones.

So, let's mess them up if anyone has any stones left of our fatigued undermanned poor squad. 

• Cheers 4

All this talk about Motte, but wasn’t he already feeling dazed and confused with reoccurring concussion symptoms while out with Covid? Maybe he needed more time off rather than getting put back into the lineup? He wasn’t hitting anyone since he got back in - it felt like something’s been off with him already.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

All this talk about Motte, but wasn’t he already feeling dazed and confused with reoccurring concussion symptoms while out with Covid? Maybe he needed more time off rather than getting put back into the lineup? He wasn’t hitting anyone since he got back in - it felt like something’s been off with him already.

well another elbow or arm to the dome aint helping lol, i really hope he isnt concussed but i have a feelnig he is, is there any updates yet that you've seen?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I wish Juice would have been asked if he was a Canuck how he would have reacted after watching one of his top three friends get pummeled by their tough guy. I think I know, but if I’m wrong I’m not sure I’d want him as my best friend.

His response was great for an analyst, not so great for a teammate. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I wish Juice would have been asked if he was a Canuck how he would have reacted after watching one of his top three friends get pummeled by their tough guy. I think I know, but if I’m wrong I’m not sure I’d want him as my best friend.

After Motte left the game we had a perfect opportunity to send a message back if the Edler fight wasn’t quite enough, but we turtled, that shows every other team that they can take liberties with us without retribution. Makes us easy to play against. Sadly that is the culture that’s been coached into our players.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Ya i actually said last night i figured he would have fought Simmonds after and tuned a weaker Leafs player as retribution.

I stand corrected. And disappointed tbh.

I think Bieksa is realizing that his path to moving up the media ladder hinges on developing an ability to absolve Leaf players of any responsibility. I have heard him say before that tough guys should not go after weaker guys but take on the other teams tough guys to settle "the code". 

Just gotta try to figure out which version of Bieksa to believe i guess.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

After Motte left the game we had a perfect opportunity to send a message back if the Edler fight wasn’t quite enough, but we turtled, that shows every other team that they can take liberties with us without retribution. Makes us easy to play against. Sadly that is the culture that’s been coached into our players.

Whoa.  I am not a Green fan. I think we should move on to an experienced coach next year to take us on the next chapter.

But what you are saying is nonsense. There is a culture that has been coached into our players to allow other teams to take liberties without retribution? Those are your words and they are ridiculous.

No way that Green, with all his shortcomings and should be let go, has coached into the players a culture of allowing other players to take liberties without retribution.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard posted on here.  C'mon partner that is really dumb..even for your name. Lol.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Ya i actually said last night i figured he would have fought Simmonds after and tuned a weaker Leafs player as retribution.

I stand corrected. And disappointed tbh.

I think Bieksa is realizing that his path to moving up the media ladder hinges on developing an ability to absolve Leaf players of any responsibility. I have heard him say before that tough guys should not go after weaker guys but take on the other teams tough guys to settle "the code". 

Just gotta try to figure out which version of Bieksa to believe i guess.

I agree with this as i've heard over and over again over the years that it's classless for tough guys/fighters to go after guys that don't fight.

Reminds me though how disappointing it was that Matt Cooke was the guy that challenged Moore for the Naslund hit.   Not one of our tough guys yet Moore still got credit for answering the bell and the media thought that it should've been settled with that.

Was Bieksa asked about the suspension being punishment enough ?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Aaaaand here come the excuses from the resident cdc excuse master

Newsflash, any team with good coaching can play well defensively. Tippett in Arizona comes to mind 

but keep rationalizing failure if it makes you feel better 

-183 scoring chances with McDavid off the ice, great structure. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Canucks just need the Habs to go 2-5 in their final 7 and and they need to go 8-3-1.

Totally achievable! 

If they haven't gotten Covid and got stuck with this $&!#ty schedule.

Had we didn't have an outbreak and with the way the habs are playing, I could totally see us getting in the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Had we didn't have an outbreak and with the way the habs are playing, I could totally see us getting in the playoffs. 

If only we had a different coaching team…….we could have won the Cup.

33 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Totally achievable! 

As someone who loves this team I would love to get in because honestly the Habs are not a better team in a normal season. But even if we get in the team will be completely burnt out and even if Petey comes back who knows how effective he will be.

I get the league needs to honour the networks and get the games in but I still feel the league has left Vancouver in a spot that feels like lambs to the slaughter. We are the only team that will end up with 2 stretches of 19 games in 28 days. Our start was a complete F.U to the team and so was the revised schedule and they initially had scheduled an even worse one.

I'm thankful we still had hockey but man we have been boned all season, we better be rewarded at the draft lol.

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Had we signed Toffoli we would have likely made the playoffs.

We win more games with him and more importantly the Habs don’t own us...

Edited by DeNiro

1 minute ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

As someone who loves this team I would love to get in because honestly the Habs are not a better team in a normal season. But even if we get in the team will be completely burnt out and even if Petey comes back who knows how effective he will be.

I get the league needs to honour the networks and get the games in but I still feel the league has left Vancouver in a spot that feels like lambs to the slaughter. We are the only team that will end up with 2 stretches of 19 games in 28 days. Our start was a complete F.U to the team and so was the revised schedule and they initially had scheduled an even worse one.

I'm thankful we still had hockey but man we have been boned all season, we better be rewarded at the draft lol.

Watch the nhl give the first overall pick to Seattle and the 2nd to Calgary just to 'reward' us.

• Haha 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Had we signed Toffoli we would have likely made the playoffs.

We win more games with him and more importantly the Habs don’t own is...

Totally agree. To me JB biggest mistake, yes even bigger than Loui signing, is signing Virtanen instead of using his cap to get Toffoli done. 

• Vintage 1