The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Abbotsford ______

-SN-

The Abbotsford ______  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about:

1. Abbotsford Armada. (okay, so a little far from the ocean for a navy)

2. Abbotsford Aquatics. (Better than Aquilitics)

3. Abbotsford Apemen. (Short, punchy)

4. Abbotsford Axemen. (in fond memory of the deforestation of much of Abbotsford)

5. Abbotsford Acemen (Menace? Icemen?) 

6. Abbotsford Assmen (okay, okay)

7. Abbotsford Archaeopteryx (in keeping with the flight idea)

8. Abbotsford Anchormen (keep the team firmly on the bottom, er, wait....never mind)

9. Abbotsford Authoritarians (Fan club: Abbitarians. <Elvis voice> Thank you, thank you very much.)

10. Abbotsford Antifa (just to, sort of, you know, get people arguing)

Speaking personally, I can hardly wait for all you city slickers to try navigating the parking at Abbotsford Centre, and the legendary double roundabout on McCallum that every one of you will have to figure out. Good luck on a windy, rainy night; it's like two merry-go-rounds, in the dark, with firehoses trained on your every move and headlights in your face everywhere. If you can car pool, do it, or you might be stuck in line waiting to get out of the parking lot a very long time. Some enterprising person might figure out a way to provide buses from downtown and back on game nights. 

• Haha 3

How about the "Abbbotsford Avro"... Avro Canada designed and built the CF-100 Canuck interceptor-fighter jet. The Canuck was the only Canadian-designed fighter jet to enter mass production and played a important role with NORAD and NATO in North America and Europe during the cold war. "Lets Go AV-RO"

I'd for sure fo with a name that "fits" with the Canucks either on the Orca side or the Canuck side

Name taken from the latin name of the Pygmy Killer Whale (Feresa attenuata) The sad thing about it is that in never travels as far north as Canada.. Would be amazing if it did!

Abbotsford Feresa? 

I'd for sure fo with a name that "fits" with the Canucks either on the Orca side or the Canuck side - maybe Abbotsford Canajuns?

How about the "Abbotsford Avro". Avro Canada was a aircraft manufacturer that in the early 1950s built the CF-100 Canuck, a twin engine interceptor/fighter jet. The Canuck was the only Canadian designed fighter jet to ever enter into mass production and played an important role with NORAD and NATO during the Cold War years. The CF-100 Canuck eventually evolved into the Avro CF-105 Arrow which became plagued by politics and controversy and never entered production. "LETS GO AV-RO!"

Edited by Coho Woolly

Pilots.

I like the dual meaning for the term "pilot". It may be associated with the airport, but it also has a nautical meaning so there is a sea and sky connection.

regards,  G.

I don't think they'll actually use "Comets" given the heritage of Utica's team using the "Comets" name throughout the years.

2 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I picked Aero's although I liked Aviators the best. Unfortunately  Abbotsford Aviators is too much of a mouth full. Too many syllables in the full name. Delta Aviators, Richmond Aviators okay, Abbotsford Aviators too long. 

Seven syllables, same number as "Montreal Canadiens".

On 5/9/2021 at 10:16 PM, Gollumpus said:

Pilots.

I like the dual meaning for the term "pilot". It may be associated with the airport, but it also has a nautical meaning so there is a sea and sky connection.

regards,  G.

Identical to a junior b (I believe) team already there. I'd rather let them be the Abby Pilots and we pick something new. 

16 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Identical to a junior b (I believe) team already there. I'd rather let them be the Abby Pilots and we pick something new. 

Cool, I was unaware of the Junior B team in the area, so yeah let them stick with what they have. 

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1

How about the Abbotsford Trappists? It's actually an acknowledgement of the Trappist monks who brew beer in Belgium (Abbey ale) and not the style of play of the hockey team...

regards,  G.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:12 AM, Curmudgeon said:

Speaking personally, I can hardly wait for all you city slickers to try navigating the parking at Abbotsford Centre, and the legendary double roundabout on McCallum that every one of you will have to figure out. Good luck on a windy, rainy night; it's like two merry-go-rounds, in the dark, with firehoses trained on your every move and headlights in your face everywhere. If you can car pool, do it, or you might be stuck in line waiting to get out of the parking lot a very long time. Some enterprising person might figure out a way to provide buses from downtown and back on game nights. 

Double round aboutabouts are not that tricky - try going around the magic roundabout in Swindon.

image.thumb.png.d8d3b8150d1f676ee6e3deac7ed49e5e.png

or a Dutch roundabout 

image.thumb.jpeg.4922b97569032ce755e5d713aa9d0ac8.jpeg

Or a turbo

albeit this one even dummies can use

image.jpeg.ffa7d90c629ce4f8214978e721801558.jpeg

or the hell that is bramcote island

image.thumb.jpeg.9cf1b22e28d450ca89be692a163c39de.jpeg

or these peanuts which are just cool and a nifty safety feature in lower capacity areas (have a few near me)

image.jpeg.e533ae3bd9a8d1d762e5e0db2ab923c8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Double round aboutabouts are not that tricky - try going around the magic roundabout in Swindon.

or a Dutch roundabout 

Or a turbo

or these peanuts which are just cool and a nifty safety feature in lower capacity areas (have a few near me)

Using a roundabout in Kentucky.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

or a Dutch roundabout 

Or a turbo

Awesome research, UK compadre. Roundabouts are fairly new here and popping up where you'd never expect one, like in the middle of a steep hill. Ours are weird, seemingly on purpose, but yours are just good old British eccentricity.

• Cheers 1