The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blackhawks player from 2010 championship team suing team for sexual assault by coach

Rate this topic

The Hawks benefitted significantly financially from doing this. The team, the owners, the staff, and the players. Unless they are all punished at least partially for that there is no incentive to not put their gains ahead of doing what is right.

Any players who were around should be suspended for the season without pay while their full cap hit remains on the books. Any executives or players on other teams now should not get a get out of jail free card either. They should be immediately fired.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The Hawks benefitted significantly financially from doing this. The team, the owners, the staff, and the players. Unless they are all punished at least partially for that there is no incentive to not put their gains ahead of doing what is right.

Any players who were around should be suspended for the season without pay while their full cap hit remains on the books. Any executives or players on other teams now should not get a get out of jail free card either. They should be immediately fired.

Toews especially needs to take the punishment as he allowed the training camp issues to go on while he was wearing the C.

40 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not nearly enough.

I think the fallout for the individuals involved may end up being more telling than the slap on the hand for the organization. 

I like to be very slow to pass judgement, but from the little bit I’ve paid attention you would think anyone involved with that management group should be very concerned about there current employment situations. Looks like Bowman is already out… it will be interesting to see what happens with guys who are now with different organizations (Q and Cheveldayoff [thanks @mll])

Edited by J-Dizzle

13 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I think the fallout for the individuals involved may end up being more telling than the slap on the hand for the organization. 

I like to be very slow to pass judgement, but from the little bit I’ve paid attention you would think anyone involved with that management group should be very concerned about there current employment situations. Looks like Bowman is already out… it will be interesting to see what happens with guys who are now with different organizations (Q and Kekelienen). 

Cheveldayoff.  Kekaleinen has never worked for the Blackhawks.