The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blackhawks player from 2010 championship team suing team for sexual assault by coach

Rate this topic

That was extremely hard to watch and i hope anyone affiliated with that 2010 team is banned for life.  I'd like to see that extend to the players too.

I can't even begin to imagine what he has gone through.  Telling those you trust and being made out to be a liar or responsible for it.  Jesus.

Very proud of him for speaking out about it. 

There should be a lot of heads rolling shortly.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

It was talked about openly in the locker room. Brent Sopel & Nick Boynton knew and claim that everyone else knew but we are to somehow believe that the captain and other leaders didn’t? Pretty lousy captain if that’s the case. As for Duncan Keith and his half-a**ed denial and statement that he was not interviewed for the investigation…there could be an easy answer for that.

FBD3090C-5DFE-49D1-BFFC-65E00C0D280C.jpeg

3D6208A1-749A-4474-ADA0-109828089724.jpeg

He definitely knew. He got out of there real quick. How convenient. 

• Cheers 2

Very worth remembering that 37 people did not respond or flat out refused to cooperate

- because without that knowledge a person could assume that;   Keith was not interviewed,  by the law firm  out of a belief that Keith had no knowledge to be disclosed.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Aldrich has his name engraved on the Stanley Cup. Kyle Beach does not. The NHL can fix that.

Now this is sensible and measured and to the point, provided Beach wants his name among the others.  And there is precedent, as Konstantinov was put on the Cup the year after his car accident.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Now this is sensible and measured and to the point, provided Beach wants his name among the others.  And there is precedent, as Konstantinov was put on the Cup the year after his car accident.

At this point that is the bare minimum. Not something to be praised. 

Better idea, replace that whole panel with Kyle Beach's name.

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

At this point that is the bare minimum. Not something to be praised. 

Better idea, replace that whole panel with Kyle Beach's name.

Now this makes the Stanley Cup look silly.  I don't think this is measured and some other way of honoring Beach or establishing solutions / programs in his name would be more appropriate.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Now this makes the Stanley Cup look silly.  I don't think this is measured and some other way of honoring Beach or establishing solutions / programs in his name would be more appropriate.

Hey as long as that panel disappears from history I will be satisfied.