The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blackhawks player from 2010 championship team suing team for sexual assault by coach

Rate this topic

Anyone who knew about this and did nothing, including management, coaches, players, execs in the NHL or NHLPA, all need to be fired and banned from the league.

Then their cup wins should be rescinded from the record books, although I know that is extremely unlikely to happen.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As sad as is it will be to see some of the gross underbelly of professional hockey, I hope this is a step towards opening this stuff up and getting it out. I know Quennville is a great coach as far as results go, but I can't see how Florida can keep him after this.

Fehr is probably gone too. I'm not sure what role Cheveldayoff had, but he might also be gone. 

The truth is that almost everyone working in the NHL is extremely passionate and to even be at this level, you need to have an almost unhealthy dedication, so it's not entirely surprising that these people would misprioritize winning over someone's security and mental health.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

As sad as is it will be to see some of the gross underbelly of professional hockey, I hope this is a step towards opening this stuff up and getting it out. I know Quennville is a great coach as far as results go, but I can't see how Florida can keep him after this.

Fehr is probably gone too. I'm not sure what role Cheveldayoff had, but he might also be gone. 

The truth is that almost everyone working in the NHL is extremely passionate and to even be at this level, you need to have an almost unhealthy dedication, so it's not entirely surprising that these people would misprioritize winning over someone's security and mental health.

Say what you want about our management, I can safely say that we've had guys who I would trust to do the right thing going back to Quinn.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

maybe I'm too old and cynical now, but I'd be really surprised if anyone else loses a job over this. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Say what you want about our management, I can safely say that we've had guys who I would trust to do the right thing going back to Quinn.

At the very least, the regular push to acquire character guys suggest that. 

That said, no one's perfect and I've seen bigger shockers. I really respect Toews, but if he knew about this and didn't defend Beach or push things to management, that definitely lowers him in my esteem. I couldn't imagine the Twins letting something like that go unpunished.

• Upvote 2