The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, DeNiro said:

At this point they’re just showing Edler respect and letting him play out what could very well be his final games as a Canuck.

I have no problem with that.

I fully expect a 2 year, 3-4 mil contract extension for him tbh. If Edler is still our go to guy next year though this team is not going to be good enough.

People complain about Schmidt not fitting in here. A huge part of that is playing with Edler imo.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I fully expect a 2 year, 3-4 mil contract extension for him tbh. If Edler is still our go to guy next year though this team is not going to be good enough.

People complain about Schmidt not fitting in here. A huge part of that is playing with Edler imo.

1 year 2mil max is all they should offer if they’re determined to.

Gotta stay flexible for the potential emergence of Rathbone and whoever we draft this year.

• Like 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

1 year 2mil max is all they should offer if they’re determined to.

Gotta stay flexible for the potential emergence of Rathbone and whoever we draft this year.

That is the max they SHOULD do, but as we know, Benning doesnt limit himself by common sense on contracts.

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Was listening to CSNY yesterday...

Teach, your prospects well

Our 'tenders Hell, will slowly go by

Don't you ever ask Green why?

If he heard you, he would sigh

So just look at this & cryyyy

& know it's near-through...

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

At this point they’re just showing Edler respect and letting him play out what could very well be his final games as a Canuck.

I have no problem with that.

Corey Hirsch touched on how important it is that they do this.  That it would be a huge show of disrespect not to and that the room would likely be p o'd about it.

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, mll said:

Probably not either.  The standings are set and teams have typically been resting their best players.  Boston even had 16 players scratched for their season final. 

McDavid won't sit out regular-season finale for Oilers against Canucks.

https://www.nhl.com/news/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid-will-play-regular-season-finale-against-vancouver/c-324717044

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PREGAME | Travis Green

i may be a conspiracy theorist  on this take, but I feel overwhelmingly certain that Media is strongly influenced by what is said through social media.

in the coaching poll there was a statement about green  that was asked by Ian Mac.

we were complaining about getting young  players into games, the media asked those questions within a few days.

quinn hughes playing time, etc..........................................

like minded thinking? or is my tinfoil hat too tight?

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Corey Hirsch touched on how important it is that they do this.  That it would be a huge show of disrespect not to and that the room would likely be p o'd about it.

Then they should just put him in a bumper spot on the top PP until he gets it. Why not at this point? I understand giving him the respect to play but in no way can it be described as the best thing for the future of the team.