The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Corey Hirsch touched on how important it is that they do this.  That it would be a huge show of disrespect not to and that the room would likely be p o'd about it.

At this point in his career and how much he has declined, this is a horrible take on this situation, and people wonder why Vancouver has never won a cup, they would rather hang onto dead weight then try and ice or find a better player, just to not piss off the dressing room.... How about pissing off paying fans, do they not care about that?

Edit: My bad thought it was about resigning Edler for next year, not just for playing the next few games, my bad ignore :lol:

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Corey Hirsch touched on how important it is that they do this.  That it would be a huge show of disrespect not to and that the room would likely be p o'd about it.

It’s important to show respect for what players like Eddie have done for the team. Look at the turmoil caused by Torts starting Lack in the Heritage Classic. Also if he has played as poorly as is suggested here shouldn’t we be happy he is dressed? Personally I would have sat out another vet in addition to Schmidt. More Edler, more youngsters.

• Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

Its 3.30 am in Sydney , ive been on the cans since yesterday... im hoping i can hang out till game time...things could get a little messy.  GCG

Desperate times call for desperate measures. a few well placed mirrors and you won't miss a thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

At this point in his career and how much he has declined, this is a horrible take on this situation, and people wonder why Vancouver has never won a cup, they would rather hang onto dead weight then try and ice or find a better player, just to not piss off the dressing room.... How about pissing off paying fans, do they not care about that?

Yes, let's blatantly disrespect one of the best defencemen the franchise has ever seen because it's going to be so incredibly detrimental to a couple of the young guys development if they miss a game or two that mean nothing to the standings.

Let's make sure we show the rest of the league how we s#!t on vets who give everything they have to our team so that no free agent will ever want to sign here and the young guys will know to make sure they walk away from the team as free agents as soon as possible.

Good plan.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

It’s important to show respect for what players like Eddie have done for the team. Look at the turmoil caused by Torts starting Lack in the Heritage Classic. Also if he has played as poorly as is suggested here shouldn’t we be happy he is dressed? Personally I would have sat out another vet in addition to Schmidt. More Edler, more youngsters.

Roberto had become a drama-queen, & Torts helped arrange his goin-away party :^)

As much as we loved RL, he'll never RECAPTURE our hearts!

• Upvote 1

Just now, 204CanucksFan said:

Yes, let's blatantly disrespect one of the best defencemen the franchise has ever seen because it's going to be so incredibly detrimental to a couple of the young guys development if they miss a game or two that mean nothing to the standings.

Let's make sure we show the rest of the league how we s#!t on vets who give everything they have to our team so that no free agent will ever want to sign here and the young guys will know to make sure they walk away from the team as free agents as soon as possible.

Good plan.

I miss read the quote yes he can play the rest of the season games :lol:

• Cheers 2

Anticipating a great game tonight. Edler, Miller, Boes and Hogs score. Rathbone and Hughes with 2 assists each.  Demko has a terrific game and the guys have fun and feel good about their team. Teams making good passes, skating hard and hitting clean.

Nuge gets a goal seconds before the buzzer and scores a fluke goal.  The Edmonton Lottos win the game 5-4

Everyone agrees that the Nucks played better and should have won, but for McD getting his 2 goals 2 assists and a -1.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I miss read the quote yes he can play the rest of the season games :lol:

Lol my bad. I completely agree with that sentiment in terms of not bringing him back next year. I got roasted a few months ago in the Rathbone thread for saying we should walk away from Edler after this year and go with a left side of Hughes, Rathbone and Juolevi.

I love Edler and everything he has done for this team and I really hope he gets that 100th before the season ends but I really do think the team needs to move on after this year.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Lol my bad. I completely agree with that sentiment in terms of not bringing him back next year. I got roasted a few months ago in the Rathbone thread for saying we should walk away from Edler after this year and go with a left side of Hughes, Rathbone and Juolevi.

I love Edler and everything he has done for this team and I really hope he gets that 100th before the season ends but I really do think the team needs to move on after this year.

All good, it was my mistake, you had all the right to flame me :lol:, it would be stupid to bench Edler now when the games don't matter when he only needs that 1 more goal for a 100th, now if the games mattered and it was for a playoff spot I may have a different opinion :lol:, but for now definitely let him play and finish out the season, but next year that's a different story.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Edit: My bad thought it was about resigning Edler for next year, not just for playing the next few games, my bad ignore :lol:

The ignore button is no match for Chuck Norris!:metal:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

All good, it was my mistake, you had all the right to flame me :lol:, it would be stupid to bench Edler now when the games don't matter when he only needs that 1 more goal for a 100th, now if the games mattered and it was for a playoff spot I may have a different opinion :lol:, but for now definitely let him play and finish out the season, but next year that's a different story.

As I said before, just dress an extra defenseman.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

i may be a conspiracy theorist  on this take, but I feel overwhelmingly certain that Media is strongly influenced by what is said through social media.

in the coaching poll there was a statement about green  that was asked by Ian Mac.

we were complaining about getting young  players into games, the media asked those questions within a few days.

quinn hughes playing time, etc..........................................

like minded thinking? or is my tinfoil hat too tight?

Lol, you may be on to something, not sure these hacks are capable of independent thought

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I fully expect a 2 year, 3-4 mil contract extension for him tbh. If Edler is still our go to guy next year though this team is not going to be good enough.

People complain about Schmidt not fitting in here. A huge part of that is playing with Edler imo.

Schmidt's progression as a canuck has been slow but evident, especially since the return from Covid. Edler however, has been regressing at an astronomical rate. It's really depressing honestly, knowing what he was capable of, and then seeing him get walked around like it's nothing all season, making terrible screens on Holtby and Demko.

If the Canucks want to be successful next year, they need to replace him. It should be the number 1 priority.