The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Used to be season ticket holder at O.T. So yes  I’ve followed it closely. 
it is a totally different issue. The owners at Utd are filling their pockets and fans were never happy about that.
However what really got to the fans, were the self entitlement of the owners, who thought they would pocket everything and turn football in Europe into an elite group like NHL, NBA etc...

I can understand Italian and Spanish clubs trying, as they are starting to struggle financially, but Utd with wealth they generate as well as Liverpool, City and Chelsea should never be associated with this kind of garbage. Spurs and Arsenal are just trying to het a seat at the table as well... all greed. 

Smart take. Cheers for that. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, awalk said:

It really is. 

'Tired Narrative'

Noun

See: celebrating losing in the semi-finals 

Acknowledging accomplishments and improvement =/= celebrating. 

Being a debby downer about everything is a real loser mentality. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Acknowledging accomplishments and improvement =/= celebrating. 

Being a debby downer about everything is a real loser mentality. 

That's weird usually celebrating losing is a loser mentality but okeeee

I don't think I'm a debbie downer, love the team, like the core group of young players and I like the coaching staff. Won't be upset if we draft 9th, excited as always for a new off-season. Just think this management group is busche league - even though Benning is a smart guy and very good at finding talent - and they've done a poor job managing this team. I also think the stats prove that out pretty well. We disagree, that's fine.

Edited by awalk

I couldn’t care less who’s in charge all I care about is winning and if they won’t make changes off ice then they sure as sh!t better make HUGE changes on the ice

i mean go big game hunting, poach players during the expansion draft, being proactive - none of this “we’ll see what comes our way” BS go out and get it, move out money and for god sakes if you’re spend money spend it on top talent 

our free agent signings are the source of all our problems 

trades are meh - some good/some bad but none I would say are ugly

drafting is good like most people would agree 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

well our roster is only at 66M

Hope this helps

Well, you see... when a season ends salary cap changes. 

What you apparently have failed to notice is the fact that there are 17 expiring contracts with 20Million in cap space. With Pettersson and Hughes to sign with their expiring RFA contracts. Sure maybe not all of those will be filled but you can't be short that many bodies going forward. 

But hey, nice try! :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ironically, this stuff only shows the level of interest the very fans involved truly have for the team.  FA, as the owner, wants fans engaged.  These fans are engaged big time.  So much so they are spending their time and money to voice their opinions about the club.  As soon as we go 8-1-1 in the first @0 next season these fans will fight for tickets, and merchandise.  

Well... anger > apathy. 

1 hour ago, Wayne Glensky said:

So why don’t we let Aquaman run the club ? Screw Benning and co, let’s let Francesco run the Canucks. How’s that honey coming along this year. 

You act like FA should feel bad about being the boss and doing things his way......like it's a character flaw or something.  Don't most business owners run their businesses?

• Cheers 1

Looking at the off season schedule, this is really not the best of times to do a complete change in management. We already have a compressed offseason as it is and throwing in the hammer that is the expansion draft make it even tighter.

Bringing a completely new group may do way more harm than JB could ever do this off season with his hands tied. 

Gonna reserve my wrath until they make it clear that there will be no other additions other than the Sedins or Courtnall or if they sign another no name coach should Green be let go.

Ok I will bring in the nuclear bomb if Bomer is retained. 

nuclear explosion bomb GIF

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, billabong said:

I couldn’t care less who’s in charge all I care about is winning and if they won’t make changes off ice then they sure as sh!t better make HUGE changes on the ice

i mean go big game hunting, poach players during the expansion draft, being proactive - none of this “we’ll see what comes our way” BS go out and get it, move out money and for god sakes if you’re spend money spend it on top talent 

our free agent signings are the source of all our problems 

trades are meh - some good/some bad but none I would say are ugly

drafting is good like most people would agree 

Their winning % has gone up every year in the last 4.  This year was an aberration

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

You act like FA should feel bad about being the boss and doing things his way......like it's a character flaw or something.  Don't most business owners run their businesses?

Owning an NHL franchise isn’t like owning a normal business. It’s like your honey bee farm, do you make the decisions for the bees and tell them what to do? Or do you let them do what they do. FA job isn’t to steer and run the team. That’s what the GM and the president is for. FA is the Canucks bank account. And that’s all that he should be. 

6 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Owning an NHL franchise isn’t like owning a normal business. It’s like your honey bee farm, do you make the decisions for the bees and tell them what to do? Or do you let them do what they do. FA job isn’t to steer and run the team. That’s what the GM and the president is for. FA is the Canucks bank account. And that’s all that he should be. 

The bees aren't my employees, I don't pay them.

FA's job is whatever he wants it to be.  Other businesses have owners and managers and I don't know many, if any, where the owner isn't the boss 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Used to be season ticket holder at O.T. So yes  I’ve followed it closely. 
it is a totally different issue. The owners at Utd are filling their pockets and fans were never happy about that.
However what really got to the fans, were the self entitlement of the owners, who thought they would pocket everything and turn football in Europe into an elite group like NHL, NBA etc...

I can understand Italian and Spanish clubs trying, as they are starting to struggle financially, but Utd with wealth they generate as well as Liverpool, City and Chelsea should never be associated with this kind of garbage. Spurs and Arsenal are just trying to het a seat at the table as well... all greed. 

The brand. MUFC is all about the brand. Like the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones, they care more about protecting their brand than anything and the fans suffer. Must suck when your crosstown rivals are doing everything they can to win every trophy in sight and MU is, rather underwhelming. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

FA's job is whatever he wants it to be.  Other businesses have owners and managers and I don't know many, if any, where the owner isn't the boss 

Yep, they are not your employees. They are your slaves. Even better for the bottom line. :P

Ok, I will show myself out. :ph34r:

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

FA treats this team like it’s his prized toy. He needs to let JB and company make decisions on their own. If the owner of the company I worked for controlled every aspect of our daily tasks, no one would work. That’s why we have “managers”. To manage the employees, hire new people, deal with budgeting and costs. The owner just sits on top of his pedestal and watches his business run by his trusted employees. If he sees something he doesn’t like he will deal with it accordingly. It’s not the owners job to deal with all of that. 

22 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

FA treats this team like it’s his prized toy. He needs to let JB and company make decisions on their own. If the owner of the company I worked for controlled every aspect of our daily tasks, no one would work. That’s why we have “managers”. To manage the employees, hire new people, deal with budgeting and costs. The owner just sits on top of his pedestal and watches his business run by his trusted employees. If he sees something he doesn’t like he will deal with it accordingly. It’s not the owners job to deal with all of that. 

So what is it that you think FA meddles in?  

• Cheers 1